Will “Pharmacy Helper” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
72% Chance of Automation
“Pharmacy Helper” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #394 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Record drugs delivered to the pharmacy, store incoming merchandise, and inform the supervisor of stock needs. May operate cash register and accept prescriptions for filling.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9095.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 28,420.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 13.00
- Currently, there are 36,660 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Pharmacy Aides”.
Also Known As…
- Pharmacy Aides
- Pharmacy Clerk
- Pharmacy Cashier
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Pharmacy Ancillary
- Pharmacy Aide
- Pharmacist Assistant
- Front Counter Clerk
- Drug Purchaser
- Certified Pharmacist Assistant
- Prescription Clerk
- Pharmacist's Aide
- Pharmacist Helper
- Pharmacist Aide
- Drug Clerk
- Dispensary Attendant
Tasks for “Pharmacy Helper”
- Deliver medication to treatment areas, living units, residences, or clinics, using various means of transportation.
- Operate cash register to process cash or credit sales.
- Operate capsule or tablet counting machine that automatically distributes a certain number of capsules or tablets into smaller containers.
- Unpack, sort, count, and label incoming merchandise, including items requiring special handling or refrigeration.
- Maintain and clean equipment, work areas, or shelves.
- Receive, store, and inventory pharmaceutical supplies or medications, check for out-dated medications, and notify pharmacist when inventory levels are low.
- Answer telephone inquiries, referring callers to pharmacist when necessary.
- Compound, package, and label pharmaceutical products, under direction of pharmacist.
- Accept prescriptions for filling, gathering and processing necessary information.
- Restock storage areas, replenishing items on shelves.
- Prepare prescription labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
- Prepare, maintain, and record records of inventories, receipts, purchases, or deliveries, using a variety of computer screen formats.
- Process medical insurance claims, posting bill amounts and calculating copayments.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as filing, compiling and maintaining prescription records, or composing letters.
- Provide customers with information about the uses, effects, or interactions of drugs.
- Greet customers and help them locate merchandise.
- Calculate anticipated drug usage for a prescribed period.
Related Technology & Tools
- Solid unit dose packaging machines
- Laminar flow hoods
- Automatic unit dose strip packaging machines
- Capsule counting machines
- Credit card processing machines
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Tablet counting machines
- Liquid dose packaging machines
- HEPA filtered biosafety cabinets
- Laser printers
- Cash registers
- Laboratory blending or mixing equipment
- Label printing machines
- Spreadsheet software
- Microsoft Office
- Database software
- Microsoft Word
- Word processing software
- Microsoft Excel