Will “Pharmacy Helper” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
72% Chance of Automation
“Pharmacy Helper” will maybe be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #394 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Record drugs delivered to the pharmacy, store incoming merchandise, and inform the supervisor of stock needs. May operate cash register and accept prescriptions for filling.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 31-9095.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 28,420.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 13.00
- Currently, there are 36,660 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Pharmacy Aides”.
Also Known As…
- Pharmacy Aides
- Pharmacy Clerk
- Pharmacy Cashier
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Pharmacy Ancillary
- Pharmacy Aide
- Pharmacist Assistant
- Front Counter Clerk
- Drug Purchaser
- Certified Pharmacist Assistant
- Prescription Clerk
- Pharmacist's Aide
- Pharmacist Helper
- Pharmacist Aide
- Drug Clerk
- Dispensary Attendant
Tasks for “Pharmacy Helper”
- Unpack, sort, count, and label incoming merchandise, including items requiring special handling or refrigeration.
- Compound, package, and label pharmaceutical products, under direction of pharmacist.
- Restock storage areas, replenishing items on shelves.
- Maintain and clean equipment, work areas, or shelves.
- Prepare prescription labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
- Answer telephone inquiries, referring callers to pharmacist when necessary.
- Calculate anticipated drug usage for a prescribed period.
- Receive, store, and inventory pharmaceutical supplies or medications, check for out-dated medications, and notify pharmacist when inventory levels are low.
- Provide customers with information about the uses, effects, or interactions of drugs.
- Greet customers and help them locate merchandise.
- Process medical insurance claims, posting bill amounts and calculating copayments.
- Deliver medication to treatment areas, living units, residences, or clinics, using various means of transportation.
- Accept prescriptions for filling, gathering and processing necessary information.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as filing, compiling and maintaining prescription records, or composing letters.
- Operate capsule or tablet counting machine that automatically distributes a certain number of capsules or tablets into smaller containers.
- Operate cash register to process cash or credit sales.
- Prepare, maintain, and record records of inventories, receipts, purchases, or deliveries, using a variety of computer screen formats.
Related Technology & Tools
- Solid unit dose packaging machines
- Credit card processing machines
- Capsule counting machines
- Personal computers
- Laboratory blending or mixing equipment
- Label printing machines
- Laminar flow hoods
- Liquid dose packaging machines
- Desktop computers
- Automatic unit dose strip packaging machines
- Laser printers
- HEPA filtered biosafety cabinets
- Cash registers
- Tablet counting machines
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Database software
- Word processing software
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- Spreadsheet software
- Microsoft Word