Will “Transport Tank Technician” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
83% Chance of Automation
“Transport Tank Technician” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #468 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Clean and repair septic tanks, sewer lines, or drains. May patch walls and partitions of tank, replace damaged drain tile, or repair breaks in underground piping.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-4071.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 38,870.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 18.00
- Currently, there are 26,320 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Septic Tank Servicers and Sewer Pipe Cleaners”.
Also Known As…
- Septic Tank Servicers and Sewer Pipe Cleaners
- Utility Worker
- Sewer and Drain Technician
- Sewer and Drain Cleaner
- Service Technician
- Septic Pump Truck Driver
- Septic Cleaner
- Public Works Technician
- Maintenance Worker
- Drain Cleaner
- Sewer Pipe Cleaner
- Sewer Line Repairer
- Sewer Cleaner
- Sewage Screen Operator
- Septic Technician
- Septic Tank Cleaner
- Roto Rooter Operator
- Pipe Cleaning Machine Operator
- Pipe Cleaning and Priming Machine Operator
- High Reach Operator
- Electric Sewer Cleaning Machine Operator
- Drain Technician
Tasks for “Transport Tank Technician”
- Inspect manholes to locate sewer line stoppages.
- Dig out sewer lines manually, using shovels.
- Prepare and keep records of actions taken, including maintenance and repair work.
- Install rotary knives on flexible cables mounted on machine reels, according to the diameters of pipes to be cleaned.
- Locate problems, using specially designed equipment, and mark where digging must occur to reach damaged tanks or pipes.
- Cut damaged sections of pipe with cutters, remove broken sections from ditches, and replace pipe sections, using pipe sleeves.
- Rotate cleaning rods manually, using turning pins.
- Service, adjust, and make minor repairs to equipment, machines, and attachments.
- Drive trucks to transport crews, materials, and equipment.
- Operate sewer cleaning equipment, including power rodders, high-velocity water jets, sewer flushers, bucket machines, wayne balls, and vac-alls.
- Requisition or order tools and equipment.
- Break asphalt and other pavement so that pipes can be accessed, using airhammers, picks, and shovels.
- Tap mainline sewers to install sewer saddles.
- Update sewer maps and manhole charts.
- Ensure that repaired sewer line joints are tightly sealed before backfilling begins.
- Communicate with supervisors and other workers, using equipment such as wireless phones, pagers, or radio telephones.
- Clean and disinfect domestic basements and other areas flooded by sewer stoppages.
- Withdraw cables from pipes and examine them for evidence of mud, roots, grease, and other deposits indicating broken or clogged sewer lines.
- Start machines to feed revolving cables or rods into openings, stopping machines and changing knives to conform to pipe sizes.
- Clean and repair septic tanks, sewer lines, or related structures such as manholes, culverts, and catch basins.
- Measure excavation sites, using plumbers' snakes, tapelines, or lengths of cutting heads within sewers, and mark areas for digging.
- Cover repaired pipes with dirt, and pack backfilled excavations, using air and gasoline tampers.
Related Technology & Tools
- Material pumping hoses
- Mobile tracked excavators
- Bucket machines
- Air hammers
- Claw hammers
- Liquid pumps
- Caulk dispensing tools
- Portable sewer cleaning machines
- Power trowels
- Power rodders
- Sewer surveillance cameras
- End pipe wrenches
- Portable concrete mixers
- Pipe cutters
- Portable drills
- Global positioning system GPS receivers
- Dirt shovels
- High velocity water jetters
- Septic pumping trucks
- Mobile radios
- Personal computers
- Prying bars
- Sewer cleaners
- Sewer cleaning rods
- Measuring tapes
- Power screeds
- Air tampers
- Web browser software
- Work scheduling software
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Word processing software
- Route mapping software
- Data entry software