Will “Transport Tank Technician” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
83% Chance of Automation
“Transport Tank Technician” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #468 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Clean and repair septic tanks, sewer lines, or drains. May patch walls and partitions of tank, replace damaged drain tile, or repair breaks in underground piping.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-4071.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 38,870.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 18.00
- Currently, there are 26,320 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Septic Tank Servicers and Sewer Pipe Cleaners”.
Also Known As…
- Septic Tank Servicers and Sewer Pipe Cleaners
- Utility Worker
- Sewer and Drain Technician
- Sewer and Drain Cleaner
- Service Technician
- Septic Pump Truck Driver
- Septic Cleaner
- Public Works Technician
- Maintenance Worker
- Drain Cleaner
- Sewer Pipe Cleaner
- Sewer Line Repairer
- Sewer Cleaner
- Sewage Screen Operator
- Septic Technician
- Septic Tank Cleaner
- Roto Rooter Operator
- Pipe Cleaning Machine Operator
- Pipe Cleaning and Priming Machine Operator
- High Reach Operator
- Electric Sewer Cleaning Machine Operator
- Drain Technician
Tasks for “Transport Tank Technician”
- Install rotary knives on flexible cables mounted on machine reels, according to the diameters of pipes to be cleaned.
- Requisition or order tools and equipment.
- Clean and repair septic tanks, sewer lines, or related structures such as manholes, culverts, and catch basins.
- Cover repaired pipes with dirt, and pack backfilled excavations, using air and gasoline tampers.
- Start machines to feed revolving cables or rods into openings, stopping machines and changing knives to conform to pipe sizes.
- Ensure that repaired sewer line joints are tightly sealed before backfilling begins.
- Measure excavation sites, using plumbers' snakes, tapelines, or lengths of cutting heads within sewers, and mark areas for digging.
- Clean and disinfect domestic basements and other areas flooded by sewer stoppages.
- Prepare and keep records of actions taken, including maintenance and repair work.
- Service, adjust, and make minor repairs to equipment, machines, and attachments.
- Break asphalt and other pavement so that pipes can be accessed, using airhammers, picks, and shovels.
- Locate problems, using specially designed equipment, and mark where digging must occur to reach damaged tanks or pipes.
- Drive trucks to transport crews, materials, and equipment.
- Update sewer maps and manhole charts.
- Tap mainline sewers to install sewer saddles.
- Dig out sewer lines manually, using shovels.
- Cut damaged sections of pipe with cutters, remove broken sections from ditches, and replace pipe sections, using pipe sleeves.
- Rotate cleaning rods manually, using turning pins.
- Communicate with supervisors and other workers, using equipment such as wireless phones, pagers, or radio telephones.
- Withdraw cables from pipes and examine them for evidence of mud, roots, grease, and other deposits indicating broken or clogged sewer lines.
- Operate sewer cleaning equipment, including power rodders, high-velocity water jets, sewer flushers, bucket machines, wayne balls, and vac-alls.
- Inspect manholes to locate sewer line stoppages.
Related Technology & Tools
- Sewer surveillance cameras
- Prying bars
- End pipe wrenches
- Power rodders
- Portable concrete mixers
- Personal computers
- Global positioning system GPS receivers
- Sewer cleaners
- Measuring tapes
- Power trowels
- Mobile tracked excavators
- Power screeds
- Sewer cleaning rods
- Material pumping hoses
- Portable sewer cleaning machines
- Bucket machines
- Air tampers
- Claw hammers
- High velocity water jetters
- Air hammers
- Caulk dispensing tools
- Pipe cutters
- Septic pumping trucks
- Liquid pumps
- Dirt shovels
- Mobile radios
- Portable drills
- Route mapping software
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Work scheduling software
- Word processing software
- Web browser software
- Data entry software