Will “Business Continuity and Crisis Management Director” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Business Continuity Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Business Continuity Planners
- IT Service Continuity Supervisor (Information Technology Service Continuity Supervisor)
- IT Disaster Recovery Manager (Information Technology Disaster Recovery Manager)
- Business Continuity Strategy Director
- Business Continuity Planning Director
- Business Continuity Manager
- Business Continuity Management Director
- Business Continuity Global Director
- Business Continuity Coordinator
- Business Continuity and Crisis Management Director
- Business Continuity Analyst
- Transaction Manager
- Risk Assessment Analyst
- Operational Risk Analyst
- Disaster Recovery Analyst
- Business Continuity Specialist
- Business Continuity Planner
- Business Continuity Director
- Business Consultant
Tasks for “Business Continuity and Crisis Management Director”
- Interpret government regulations and applicable codes to ensure compliance.
- Analyze corporate intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people, assets, information, or infrastructure.
- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with critical assets such as data centers.
- Conduct or oversee contingency plan integration and operation.
- Create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of business disruptions.
- Prepare reports summarizing operational results, financial performance, or accomplishments of specified objectives, goals, or plans.
- Design or implement products and services to mitigate risk or facilitate use of technology-based tools and methods.
- Establish, maintain, or test call trees to ensure appropriate communication during disaster.
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or materials.
- Review existing disaster recovery, crisis management, or business continuity plans.
- Identify individual or transaction targets to direct intelligence collection.
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Maintain and update organization information technology applications and network systems blueprints.
- Conduct or oversee collection of corporate intelligence to avoid fraud, financial crime, cyber-attack, terrorism, and infrastructure failure.
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Recommend or implement methods to monitor, evaluate, or enable resolution of safety, operations, or compliance interruptions.
- Attend professional meetings, read literature, and participate in training or other educational offerings to keep abreast of new developments and technologies related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
- Create business continuity and disaster recovery budgets.
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Test documented disaster recovery strategies and plans.
Related Technology & Tools
- Mainframe computers
- Personal computers
- Storage area network equipment
- Computer laser printers
- Teleconferencing systems
- Computer server equipment
- Tablet computers
- Desktop computers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Computer operating systems
- Web browser software
- Enterprise backup systems
- Data entry software
- CA Clarity PPM
- Microsoft Excel
- Structured query language SQL
- Sungard Assurance
- Microsoft Project
- MIR3 Intelligent Notification
- Microsoft Office
- COOP Systems myCOOP
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Word
- Local area network LAN software
- Emergency notification system software
- Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite
- SAP Crystal Reports
- Microsoft Access
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- RecoveryPlanner RPX
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Actuate BIRT
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Virtual Corporation Sustainable Planner
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- EMC RSA Archer Business Continuity Management
- Business continuity software
- SunGard NotiFind
- Microsoft Visio
- Strategic BCP ResilienceONE