Will “Business Continuity Coordinator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Business Continuity Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Business Continuity Planners
- IT Service Continuity Supervisor (Information Technology Service Continuity Supervisor)
- IT Disaster Recovery Manager (Information Technology Disaster Recovery Manager)
- Business Continuity Strategy Director
- Business Continuity Planning Director
- Business Continuity Manager
- Business Continuity Management Director
- Business Continuity Global Director
- Business Continuity Coordinator
- Business Continuity and Crisis Management Director
- Business Continuity Analyst
- Transaction Manager
- Risk Assessment Analyst
- Operational Risk Analyst
- Disaster Recovery Analyst
- Business Continuity Specialist
- Business Continuity Planner
- Business Continuity Director
- Business Consultant
Tasks for “Business Continuity Coordinator”
- Review existing disaster recovery, crisis management, or business continuity plans.
- Conduct or oversee contingency plan integration and operation.
- Analyze corporate intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people, assets, information, or infrastructure.
- Establish, maintain, or test call trees to ensure appropriate communication during disaster.
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or materials.
- Attend professional meetings, read literature, and participate in training or other educational offerings to keep abreast of new developments and technologies related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Test documented disaster recovery strategies and plans.
- Maintain and update organization information technology applications and network systems blueprints.
- Interpret government regulations and applicable codes to ensure compliance.
- Create business continuity and disaster recovery budgets.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
- Recommend or implement methods to monitor, evaluate, or enable resolution of safety, operations, or compliance interruptions.
- Identify individual or transaction targets to direct intelligence collection.
- Design or implement products and services to mitigate risk or facilitate use of technology-based tools and methods.
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of business disruptions.
- Prepare reports summarizing operational results, financial performance, or accomplishments of specified objectives, goals, or plans.
- Conduct or oversee collection of corporate intelligence to avoid fraud, financial crime, cyber-attack, terrorism, and infrastructure failure.
- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with critical assets such as data centers.
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
Related Technology & Tools
- Teleconferencing systems
- Computer server equipment
- Desktop computers
- Computer laser printers
- Personal computers
- Tablet computers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Storage area network equipment
- Mainframe computers
- Microsoft Office
- Actuate BIRT
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Strategic BCP ResilienceONE
- Data entry software
- SAP Crystal Reports
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Computer operating systems
- Microsoft Visio
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Excel
- Enterprise backup systems
- Virtual Corporation Sustainable Planner
- COOP Systems myCOOP
- Local area network LAN software
- Microsoft Project
- SunGard NotiFind
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- CA Clarity PPM
- Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Word
- Business continuity software
- MIR3 Intelligent Notification
- RecoveryPlanner RPX
- Microsoft Outlook
- EMC RSA Archer Business Continuity Management
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Emergency notification system software
- Sungard Assurance