Will “Business Continuity Global Director” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Business Continuity Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Business Continuity Planners
- IT Service Continuity Supervisor (Information Technology Service Continuity Supervisor)
- IT Disaster Recovery Manager (Information Technology Disaster Recovery Manager)
- Business Continuity Strategy Director
- Business Continuity Planning Director
- Business Continuity Manager
- Business Continuity Management Director
- Business Continuity Global Director
- Business Continuity Coordinator
- Business Continuity and Crisis Management Director
- Business Continuity Analyst
- Transaction Manager
- Risk Assessment Analyst
- Operational Risk Analyst
- Disaster Recovery Analyst
- Business Continuity Specialist
- Business Continuity Planner
- Business Continuity Director
- Business Consultant
Tasks for “Business Continuity Global Director”
- Prepare reports summarizing operational results, financial performance, or accomplishments of specified objectives, goals, or plans.
- Review existing disaster recovery, crisis management, or business continuity plans.
- Establish, maintain, or test call trees to ensure appropriate communication during disaster.
- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with critical assets such as data centers.
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Design or implement products and services to mitigate risk or facilitate use of technology-based tools and methods.
- Recommend or implement methods to monitor, evaluate, or enable resolution of safety, operations, or compliance interruptions.
- Analyze corporate intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people, assets, information, or infrastructure.
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Interpret government regulations and applicable codes to ensure compliance.
- Conduct or oversee collection of corporate intelligence to avoid fraud, financial crime, cyber-attack, terrorism, and infrastructure failure.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
- Identify individual or transaction targets to direct intelligence collection.
- Create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of business disruptions.
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Conduct or oversee contingency plan integration and operation.
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or materials.
- Test documented disaster recovery strategies and plans.
- Create business continuity and disaster recovery budgets.
- Attend professional meetings, read literature, and participate in training or other educational offerings to keep abreast of new developments and technologies related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Maintain and update organization information technology applications and network systems blueprints.
Related Technology & Tools
- Tablet computers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Computer server equipment
- Computer laser printers
- Storage area network equipment
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Teleconferencing systems
- Mainframe computers
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Business continuity software
- CA Clarity PPM
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- COOP Systems myCOOP
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft SQL Server
- SAP Crystal Reports
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Visio
- Local area network LAN software
- MIR3 Intelligent Notification
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Word
- SunGard NotiFind
- Virtual Corporation Sustainable Planner
- Emergency notification system software
- Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite
- EMC RSA Archer Business Continuity Management
- Enterprise backup systems
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project
- Web browser software
- RecoveryPlanner RPX
- Actuate BIRT
- Strategic BCP ResilienceONE
- Microsoft Excel
- Computer operating systems
- Sungard Assurance
- Microsoft PowerPoint