Will “Business Continuity Global Director” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Business Continuity Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Business Continuity Planners
- IT Service Continuity Supervisor (Information Technology Service Continuity Supervisor)
- IT Disaster Recovery Manager (Information Technology Disaster Recovery Manager)
- Business Continuity Strategy Director
- Business Continuity Planning Director
- Business Continuity Manager
- Business Continuity Management Director
- Business Continuity Global Director
- Business Continuity Coordinator
- Business Continuity and Crisis Management Director
- Business Continuity Analyst
- Transaction Manager
- Risk Assessment Analyst
- Operational Risk Analyst
- Disaster Recovery Analyst
- Business Continuity Specialist
- Business Continuity Planner
- Business Continuity Director
- Business Consultant
Tasks for “Business Continuity Global Director”
- Attend professional meetings, read literature, and participate in training or other educational offerings to keep abreast of new developments and technologies related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of business disruptions.
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Conduct or oversee collection of corporate intelligence to avoid fraud, financial crime, cyber-attack, terrorism, and infrastructure failure.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
- Analyze corporate intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people, assets, information, or infrastructure.
- Identify individual or transaction targets to direct intelligence collection.
- Prepare reports summarizing operational results, financial performance, or accomplishments of specified objectives, goals, or plans.
- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with critical assets such as data centers.
- Create business continuity and disaster recovery budgets.
- Test documented disaster recovery strategies and plans.
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or materials.
- Conduct or oversee contingency plan integration and operation.
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Interpret government regulations and applicable codes to ensure compliance.
- Recommend or implement methods to monitor, evaluate, or enable resolution of safety, operations, or compliance interruptions.
- Review existing disaster recovery, crisis management, or business continuity plans.
- Maintain and update organization information technology applications and network systems blueprints.
- Design or implement products and services to mitigate risk or facilitate use of technology-based tools and methods.
- Establish, maintain, or test call trees to ensure appropriate communication during disaster.
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
Related Technology & Tools
- Teleconferencing systems
- Computer laser printers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Mainframe computers
- Computer server equipment
- Desktop computers
- Storage area network equipment
- Tablet computers
- Personal computers
- COOP Systems myCOOP
- Microsoft Visio
- Sungard Assurance
- Strategic BCP ResilienceONE
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft Excel
- Actuate BIRT
- SAP Crystal Reports
- SunGard NotiFind
- EMC RSA Archer Business Continuity Management
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Emergency notification system software
- RecoveryPlanner RPX
- CA Clarity PPM
- Computer operating systems
- Local area network LAN software
- Web browser software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- MIR3 Intelligent Notification
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Office
- Virtual Corporation Sustainable Planner
- Business continuity software
- Microsoft Access
- Enterprise backup systems
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Data entry software
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management