Will “Business Continuity Management Director” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Business Continuity Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Business Continuity Planners
- IT Service Continuity Supervisor (Information Technology Service Continuity Supervisor)
- IT Disaster Recovery Manager (Information Technology Disaster Recovery Manager)
- Business Continuity Strategy Director
- Business Continuity Planning Director
- Business Continuity Manager
- Business Continuity Management Director
- Business Continuity Global Director
- Business Continuity Coordinator
- Business Continuity and Crisis Management Director
- Business Continuity Analyst
- Transaction Manager
- Risk Assessment Analyst
- Operational Risk Analyst
- Disaster Recovery Analyst
- Business Continuity Specialist
- Business Continuity Planner
- Business Continuity Director
- Business Consultant
Tasks for “Business Continuity Management Director”
- Prepare reports summarizing operational results, financial performance, or accomplishments of specified objectives, goals, or plans.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
- Create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of business disruptions.
- Establish, maintain, or test call trees to ensure appropriate communication during disaster.
- Review existing disaster recovery, crisis management, or business continuity plans.
- Conduct or oversee collection of corporate intelligence to avoid fraud, financial crime, cyber-attack, terrorism, and infrastructure failure.
- Recommend or implement methods to monitor, evaluate, or enable resolution of safety, operations, or compliance interruptions.
- Identify individual or transaction targets to direct intelligence collection.
- Test documented disaster recovery strategies and plans.
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Design or implement products and services to mitigate risk or facilitate use of technology-based tools and methods.
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Create business continuity and disaster recovery budgets.
- Analyze corporate intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people, assets, information, or infrastructure.
- Interpret government regulations and applicable codes to ensure compliance.
- Conduct or oversee contingency plan integration and operation.
- Attend professional meetings, read literature, and participate in training or other educational offerings to keep abreast of new developments and technologies related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with critical assets such as data centers.
- Maintain and update organization information technology applications and network systems blueprints.
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or materials.
Related Technology & Tools
- Mainframe computers
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Teleconferencing systems
- Storage area network equipment
- Tablet computers
- Computer laser printers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Computer server equipment
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio
- SAP Crystal Reports
- Sungard Assurance
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- MIR3 Intelligent Notification
- EMC RSA Archer Business Continuity Management
- RecoveryPlanner RPX
- Enterprise backup systems
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
- Strategic BCP ResilienceONE
- Business continuity software
- CA Clarity PPM
- Local area network LAN software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Actuate BIRT
- Data entry software
- Computer operating systems
- SunGard NotiFind
- Microsoft Outlook
- COOP Systems myCOOP
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Emergency notification system software
- Virtual Corporation Sustainable Planner
- Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite