Will “Business Continuity Management Director” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Business Continuity Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Business Continuity Planners
- IT Service Continuity Supervisor (Information Technology Service Continuity Supervisor)
- IT Disaster Recovery Manager (Information Technology Disaster Recovery Manager)
- Business Continuity Strategy Director
- Business Continuity Planning Director
- Business Continuity Manager
- Business Continuity Management Director
- Business Continuity Global Director
- Business Continuity Coordinator
- Business Continuity and Crisis Management Director
- Business Continuity Analyst
- Transaction Manager
- Risk Assessment Analyst
- Operational Risk Analyst
- Disaster Recovery Analyst
- Business Continuity Specialist
- Business Continuity Planner
- Business Continuity Director
- Business Consultant
Tasks for “Business Continuity Management Director”
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Test documented disaster recovery strategies and plans.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
- Design or implement products and services to mitigate risk or facilitate use of technology-based tools and methods.
- Review existing disaster recovery, crisis management, or business continuity plans.
- Identify individual or transaction targets to direct intelligence collection.
- Create business continuity and disaster recovery budgets.
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Prepare reports summarizing operational results, financial performance, or accomplishments of specified objectives, goals, or plans.
- Conduct or oversee contingency plan integration and operation.
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of business disruptions.
- Analyze corporate intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people, assets, information, or infrastructure.
- Interpret government regulations and applicable codes to ensure compliance.
- Attend professional meetings, read literature, and participate in training or other educational offerings to keep abreast of new developments and technologies related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Conduct or oversee collection of corporate intelligence to avoid fraud, financial crime, cyber-attack, terrorism, and infrastructure failure.
- Establish, maintain, or test call trees to ensure appropriate communication during disaster.
- Recommend or implement methods to monitor, evaluate, or enable resolution of safety, operations, or compliance interruptions.
- Maintain and update organization information technology applications and network systems blueprints.
- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with critical assets such as data centers.
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or materials.
Related Technology & Tools
- Teleconferencing systems
- Desktop computers
- Computer server equipment
- Computer laser printers
- Tablet computers
- Mainframe computers
- Storage area network equipment
- Personal computers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Sungard Assurance
- Microsoft Visio
- Actuate BIRT
- Local area network LAN software
- Emergency notification system software
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Microsoft Access
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Excel
- EMC RSA Archer Business Continuity Management
- SAP Crystal Reports
- COOP Systems myCOOP
- Computer operating systems
- Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite
- Microsoft Word
- Enterprise backup systems
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Structured query language SQL
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Virtual Corporation Sustainable Planner
- Web browser software
- RecoveryPlanner RPX
- SunGard NotiFind
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strategic BCP ResilienceONE
- Business continuity software
- MIR3 Intelligent Notification
- CA Clarity PPM