Will “Business Continuity Manager” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Business Continuity Planners”.
Also Known As…
- Business Continuity Planners
- IT Service Continuity Supervisor (Information Technology Service Continuity Supervisor)
- IT Disaster Recovery Manager (Information Technology Disaster Recovery Manager)
- Business Continuity Strategy Director
- Business Continuity Planning Director
- Business Continuity Manager
- Business Continuity Management Director
- Business Continuity Global Director
- Business Continuity Coordinator
- Business Continuity and Crisis Management Director
- Business Continuity Analyst
- Transaction Manager
- Risk Assessment Analyst
- Operational Risk Analyst
- Disaster Recovery Analyst
- Business Continuity Specialist
- Business Continuity Planner
- Business Continuity Director
- Business Consultant
Tasks for “Business Continuity Manager”
- Test documented disaster recovery strategies and plans.
- Create or administer training and awareness presentations or materials.
- Maintain and update organization information technology applications and network systems blueprints.
- Establish, maintain, or test call trees to ensure appropriate communication during disaster.
- Create business continuity and disaster recovery budgets.
- Attend professional meetings, read literature, and participate in training or other educational offerings to keep abreast of new developments and technologies related to disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
- Recommend or implement methods to monitor, evaluate, or enable resolution of safety, operations, or compliance interruptions.
- Develop emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operation and governance.
- Analyze impact on, and risk to, essential business functions or information systems to identify acceptable recovery time periods and resource requirements.
- Design or implement products and services to mitigate risk or facilitate use of technology-based tools and methods.
- Interpret government regulations and applicable codes to ensure compliance.
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Review existing disaster recovery, crisis management, or business continuity plans.
- Identify individual or transaction targets to direct intelligence collection.
- Conduct or oversee collection of corporate intelligence to avoid fraud, financial crime, cyber-attack, terrorism, and infrastructure failure.
- Conduct or oversee contingency plan integration and operation.
- Prepare reports summarizing operational results, financial performance, or accomplishments of specified objectives, goals, or plans.
- Create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of business disruptions.
- Develop disaster recovery plans for physical locations with critical assets such as data centers.
- Analyze corporate intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people, assets, information, or infrastructure.
Related Technology & Tools
- Mainframe computers
- Teleconferencing systems
- Computer laser printers
- Storage area network equipment
- Personal computers
- Tablet computers
- Computer server equipment
- Desktop computers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Emergency notification system software
- Local area network LAN software
- Sungard Assurance
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- SunGard NotiFind
- SAP Crystal Reports
- Virtual Corporation Sustainable Planner
- Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Computer operating systems
- EMC RSA Archer Business Continuity Management
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Business continuity software
- Microsoft Office
- CA Clarity PPM
- Microsoft Project
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Microsoft Access
- Web browser software
- Structured query language SQL
- Actuate BIRT
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server MOSS
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Visio
- RecoveryPlanner RPX
- Microsoft Excel
- COOP Systems myCOOP
- Enterprise backup systems
- Strategic BCP ResilienceONE
- MIR3 Intelligent Notification