Will “Certified Travel Counselor” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
9.9% Chance of Automation
“Certified Travel Counselor” will almost certainly not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #168 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Plan and sell transportation and accommodations for travel agency customers. Determine destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations required. May also describe, plan, and arrange itineraries and sell tour packages. May assist in resolving clients' travel problems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 68,680 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Travel Agents”.
Also Known As…
- Travel Agents
- Travel Counselor
- Travel Consultant
- Travel Agent
- Tour Counselor
- Tour Coordinator
- International Travel Consultant
- Destination Specialist
- Corporate Travel Consultant
- Beach Expert
- Auto Travel Counselor
- Travel Service Consultant
- Travel Professional
- Travel Coordinator
- Tour Agent
- Corporate Travel Expert
- Corporate Travel Counselor
- Corporate Travel Agent
- Certified Corporate Travel Executive
Tasks for “Certified Travel Counselor”
- Collect payment for transportation and accommodations from customer.
- Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
- Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
- Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
- Provide customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations.
- Print or request transportation carrier tickets, using computer printer system or system link to travel carrier.
- Record and maintain information on clients, vendors, and travel packages.
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
Related Technology & Tools
- Card readers
- Public address systems
- Multiline telephone systems
- Laser facsimile machines
- Copy machines
- Personal computers
- Printing calculators
- Computer inkjet printers
- Computer laser printers
- Ticket printing machines
- Orbitz Worldwide Orbitz for Agents
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Galor Travel Booster
- Microsoft Outlook
- Global distribution system GDS software
- Sabre Airline Solutions SabreSonic Customer Sales & Service
- Illusions Online Illusions OnDemand
- Microsoft Word
- Globekey Agentkey
- MGHworld Travel Agents
- Colibripms Software Colibri
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Microsoft Excel
- Sabre Central Command
- IMS Travel Agent Reservation Software System
- Travel Agent CMS
- Microsoft Office
- Apollo Reservation System