Will “Certified Travel Counselor” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
9.9% Chance of Automation
“Certified Travel Counselor” will almost certainly not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #168 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Plan and sell transportation and accommodations for travel agency customers. Determine destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations required. May also describe, plan, and arrange itineraries and sell tour packages. May assist in resolving clients' travel problems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 68,680 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Travel Agents”.
Also Known As…
- Travel Agents
- Travel Counselor
- Travel Consultant
- Travel Agent
- Tour Counselor
- Tour Coordinator
- International Travel Consultant
- Destination Specialist
- Corporate Travel Consultant
- Beach Expert
- Auto Travel Counselor
- Travel Service Consultant
- Travel Professional
- Travel Coordinator
- Tour Agent
- Corporate Travel Expert
- Corporate Travel Counselor
- Corporate Travel Agent
- Certified Corporate Travel Executive
Tasks for “Certified Travel Counselor”
- Provide customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations.
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
- Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
- Collect payment for transportation and accommodations from customer.
- Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
- Print or request transportation carrier tickets, using computer printer system or system link to travel carrier.
- Record and maintain information on clients, vendors, and travel packages.
- Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
Related Technology & Tools
- Computer inkjet printers
- Computer laser printers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Ticket printing machines
- Public address systems
- Multiline telephone systems
- Printing calculators
- Personal computers
- Copy machines
- Card readers
- Orbitz Worldwide Orbitz for Agents
- Globekey Agentkey
- IMS Travel Agent Reservation Software System
- Sabre Central Command
- Travel Agent CMS
- Microsoft Access
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Microsoft Office
- Apollo Reservation System
- Global distribution system GDS software
- MGHworld Travel Agents
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Galor Travel Booster
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Illusions Online Illusions OnDemand
- Colibripms Software Colibri
- Sabre Airline Solutions SabreSonic Customer Sales & Service