Will “Certified Travel Counselor” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
9.9% Chance of Automation
“Certified Travel Counselor” will almost certainly not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #168 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Plan and sell transportation and accommodations for travel agency customers. Determine destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations required. May also describe, plan, and arrange itineraries and sell tour packages. May assist in resolving clients' travel problems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 68,680 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Travel Agents”.
Also Known As…
- Travel Agents
- Travel Counselor
- Travel Consultant
- Travel Agent
- Tour Counselor
- Tour Coordinator
- International Travel Consultant
- Destination Specialist
- Corporate Travel Consultant
- Beach Expert
- Auto Travel Counselor
- Travel Service Consultant
- Travel Professional
- Travel Coordinator
- Tour Agent
- Corporate Travel Expert
- Corporate Travel Counselor
- Corporate Travel Agent
- Certified Corporate Travel Executive
Tasks for “Certified Travel Counselor”
- Record and maintain information on clients, vendors, and travel packages.
- Collect payment for transportation and accommodations from customer.
- Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
- Provide customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations.
- Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
- Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
- Print or request transportation carrier tickets, using computer printer system or system link to travel carrier.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laser facsimile machines
- Printing calculators
- Public address systems
- Multiline telephone systems
- Personal computers
- Copy machines
- Ticket printing machines
- Computer laser printers
- Computer inkjet printers
- Card readers
- Orbitz Worldwide Orbitz for Agents
- Apollo Reservation System
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Galor Travel Booster
- Microsoft Access
- Travel Agent CMS
- Sabre Airline Solutions SabreSonic Customer Sales & Service
- Colibripms Software Colibri
- IMS Travel Agent Reservation Software System
- Microsoft Office
- MGHworld Travel Agents
- Globekey Agentkey
- Microsoft Outlook
- Sabre Central Command
- Microsoft Word
- Illusions Online Illusions OnDemand
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Microsoft Excel
- Global distribution system GDS software