Will “Travel Agents” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
9.9% Chance of Automation
“Travel Agents” will almost certainly not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #168 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Plan and sell transportation and accommodations for travel agency customers. Determine destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations required. May also describe, plan, and arrange itineraries and sell tour packages. May assist in resolving clients' travel problems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 68,680 people on this job
Also Known As…
- Travel Counselor
- Travel Consultant
- Travel Agent
- Tour Counselor
- Tour Coordinator
- International Travel Consultant
- Destination Specialist
- Corporate Travel Consultant
- Beach Expert
- Auto Travel Counselor
- Travel Service Consultant
- Travel Professional
- Travel Coordinator
- Tour Agent
- Corporate Travel Expert
- Corporate Travel Counselor
- Corporate Travel Agent
- Certified Travel Counselor
- Certified Corporate Travel Executive
Tasks for “Travel Agents”
- Print or request transportation carrier tickets, using computer printer system or system link to travel carrier.
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
- Record and maintain information on clients, vendors, and travel packages.
- Collect payment for transportation and accommodations from customer.
- Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
- Provide customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations.
- Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
- Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
Related Technology & Tools
- Copy machines
- Computer inkjet printers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Public address systems
- Multiline telephone systems
- Card readers
- Computer laser printers
- Personal computers
- Ticket printing machines
- Printing calculators
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Travel Agent CMS
- Apollo Reservation System
- Global distribution system GDS software
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Access
- Galor Travel Booster
- Microsoft Office
- IMS Travel Agent Reservation Software System
- Orbitz Worldwide Orbitz for Agents
- Globekey Agentkey
- Illusions Online Illusions OnDemand
- Sabre Central Command
- MGHworld Travel Agents
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Sabre Airline Solutions SabreSonic Customer Sales & Service
- Colibripms Software Colibri
- Intuit QuickBooks