Will “Travel Agents” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
9.9% Chance of Automation
“Travel Agents” will almost certainly not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #168 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Plan and sell transportation and accommodations for travel agency customers. Determine destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations required. May also describe, plan, and arrange itineraries and sell tour packages. May assist in resolving clients' travel problems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 68,680 people on this job
Also Known As…
- Travel Counselor
- Travel Consultant
- Travel Agent
- Tour Counselor
- Tour Coordinator
- International Travel Consultant
- Destination Specialist
- Corporate Travel Consultant
- Beach Expert
- Auto Travel Counselor
- Travel Service Consultant
- Travel Professional
- Travel Coordinator
- Tour Agent
- Corporate Travel Expert
- Corporate Travel Counselor
- Corporate Travel Agent
- Certified Travel Counselor
- Certified Corporate Travel Executive
Tasks for “Travel Agents”
- Print or request transportation carrier tickets, using computer printer system or system link to travel carrier.
- Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
- Record and maintain information on clients, vendors, and travel packages.
- Collect payment for transportation and accommodations from customer.
- Provide customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations.
- Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
- Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
Related Technology & Tools
- Ticket printing machines
- Computer laser printers
- Public address systems
- Computer inkjet printers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Card readers
- Printing calculators
- Copy machines
- Personal computers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Microsoft Office
- Global distribution system GDS software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Apollo Reservation System
- Sabre Airline Solutions SabreSonic Customer Sales & Service
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Sabre Central Command
- Microsoft Access
- Globekey Agentkey
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Orbitz Worldwide Orbitz for Agents
- Galor Travel Booster
- Colibripms Software Colibri
- Travel Agent CMS
- IMS Travel Agent Reservation Software System
- MGHworld Travel Agents
- Illusions Online Illusions OnDemand
- Microsoft Outlook