Will “International Travel Consultant” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
9.9% Chance of Automation
“International Travel Consultant” will almost certainly not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #168 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Plan and sell transportation and accommodations for travel agency customers. Determine destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations required. May also describe, plan, and arrange itineraries and sell tour packages. May assist in resolving clients' travel problems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 68,680 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Travel Agents”.
Also Known As…
- Travel Agents
- Travel Counselor
- Travel Consultant
- Travel Agent
- Tour Counselor
- Tour Coordinator
- Destination Specialist
- Corporate Travel Consultant
- Beach Expert
- Auto Travel Counselor
- Travel Service Consultant
- Travel Professional
- Travel Coordinator
- Tour Agent
- International Travel Consultant
- Corporate Travel Expert
- Corporate Travel Counselor
- Corporate Travel Agent
- Certified Travel Counselor
- Certified Corporate Travel Executive
Tasks for “International Travel Consultant”
- Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
- Record and maintain information on clients, vendors, and travel packages.
- Print or request transportation carrier tickets, using computer printer system or system link to travel carrier.
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
- Provide customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations.
- Collect payment for transportation and accommodations from customer.
- Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
- Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Copy machines
- Printing calculators
- Ticket printing machines
- Laser facsimile machines
- Public address systems
- Computer laser printers
- Card readers
- Computer inkjet printers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Travel Agent CMS
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Word
- Illusions Online Illusions OnDemand
- Microsoft Access
- IMS Travel Agent Reservation Software System
- Microsoft Outlook
- MGHworld Travel Agents
- Apollo Reservation System
- Galor Travel Booster
- Colibripms Software Colibri
- Sabre Central Command
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Global distribution system GDS software
- Globekey Agentkey
- Sabre Airline Solutions SabreSonic Customer Sales & Service
- Orbitz Worldwide Orbitz for Agents