Will “International Travel Consultant” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
9.9% Chance of Automation
“International Travel Consultant” will almost certainly not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #168 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Plan and sell transportation and accommodations for travel agency customers. Determine destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations required. May also describe, plan, and arrange itineraries and sell tour packages. May assist in resolving clients' travel problems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 68,680 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Travel Agents”.
Also Known As…
- Travel Agents
- Travel Counselor
- Travel Consultant
- Travel Agent
- Tour Counselor
- Tour Coordinator
- Destination Specialist
- Corporate Travel Consultant
- Beach Expert
- Auto Travel Counselor
- Travel Service Consultant
- Travel Professional
- Travel Coordinator
- Tour Agent
- International Travel Consultant
- Corporate Travel Expert
- Corporate Travel Counselor
- Corporate Travel Agent
- Certified Travel Counselor
- Certified Corporate Travel Executive
Tasks for “International Travel Consultant”
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
- Record and maintain information on clients, vendors, and travel packages.
- Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
- Collect payment for transportation and accommodations from customer.
- Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
- Provide customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations.
- Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
- Print or request transportation carrier tickets, using computer printer system or system link to travel carrier.
Related Technology & Tools
- Public address systems
- Multiline telephone systems
- Computer laser printers
- Computer inkjet printers
- Personal computers
- Ticket printing machines
- Printing calculators
- Card readers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Copy machines
- Sabre Central Command
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Sabre Airline Solutions SabreSonic Customer Sales & Service
- Illusions Online Illusions OnDemand
- Microsoft Office
- Globekey Agentkey
- MGHworld Travel Agents
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Apollo Reservation System
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- Colibripms Software Colibri
- Travel Agent CMS
- Orbitz Worldwide Orbitz for Agents
- Global distribution system GDS software
- Galor Travel Booster
- IMS Travel Agent Reservation Software System