Will “Tour Agent” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
9.9% Chance of Automation
“Tour Agent” will almost certainly not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #168 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Plan and sell transportation and accommodations for travel agency customers. Determine destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations required. May also describe, plan, and arrange itineraries and sell tour packages. May assist in resolving clients' travel problems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 68,680 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Travel Agents”.
Also Known As…
- Travel Agents
- Travel Counselor
- Travel Consultant
- Travel Agent
- Tour Counselor
- Tour Coordinator
- International Travel Consultant
- Destination Specialist
- Corporate Travel Consultant
- Beach Expert
- Auto Travel Counselor
- Travel Service Consultant
- Travel Professional
- Travel Coordinator
- Corporate Travel Expert
- Corporate Travel Counselor
- Corporate Travel Agent
- Certified Travel Counselor
- Certified Corporate Travel Executive
Tasks for “Tour Agent”
- Print or request transportation carrier tickets, using computer printer system or system link to travel carrier.
- Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
- Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
- Record and maintain information on clients, vendors, and travel packages.
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
- Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
- Collect payment for transportation and accommodations from customer.
- Provide customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations.
Related Technology & Tools
- Card readers
- Computer laser printers
- Copy machines
- Ticket printing machines
- Printing calculators
- Laser facsimile machines
- Multiline telephone systems
- Computer inkjet printers
- Public address systems
- Personal computers
- Microsoft Access
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Travel Agent CMS
- Orbitz Worldwide Orbitz for Agents
- MGHworld Travel Agents
- Galor Travel Booster
- Apollo Reservation System
- Microsoft Outlook
- IMS Travel Agent Reservation Software System
- Global distribution system GDS software
- Microsoft Office
- Sabre Central Command
- Illusions Online Illusions OnDemand
- Microsoft Excel
- Sabre Airline Solutions SabreSonic Customer Sales & Service
- Microsoft Word
- Colibripms Software Colibri
- Globekey Agentkey