Will “Tour Agent” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
9.9% Chance of Automation
“Tour Agent” will almost certainly not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #168 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Plan and sell transportation and accommodations for travel agency customers. Determine destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations required. May also describe, plan, and arrange itineraries and sell tour packages. May assist in resolving clients' travel problems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 68,680 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Travel Agents”.
Also Known As…
- Travel Agents
- Travel Counselor
- Travel Consultant
- Travel Agent
- Tour Counselor
- Tour Coordinator
- International Travel Consultant
- Destination Specialist
- Corporate Travel Consultant
- Beach Expert
- Auto Travel Counselor
- Travel Service Consultant
- Travel Professional
- Travel Coordinator
- Corporate Travel Expert
- Corporate Travel Counselor
- Corporate Travel Agent
- Certified Travel Counselor
- Certified Corporate Travel Executive
Tasks for “Tour Agent”
- Provide customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations.
- Collect payment for transportation and accommodations from customer.
- Record and maintain information on clients, vendors, and travel packages.
- Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
- Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
- Print or request transportation carrier tickets, using computer printer system or system link to travel carrier.
- Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
Related Technology & Tools
- Printing calculators
- Card readers
- Personal computers
- Computer inkjet printers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Copy machines
- Public address systems
- Ticket printing machines
- Computer laser printers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Travel Agent CMS
- IMS Travel Agent Reservation Software System
- Microsoft Access
- Illusions Online Illusions OnDemand
- Sabre Central Command
- Microsoft Outlook
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Sabre Airline Solutions SabreSonic Customer Sales & Service
- Apollo Reservation System
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Colibripms Software Colibri
- MGHworld Travel Agents
- Globekey Agentkey
- Galor Travel Booster
- Microsoft Office
- Orbitz Worldwide Orbitz for Agents
- Global distribution system GDS software