Will “Travel Counselor” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
9.9% Chance of Automation
“Travel Counselor” will almost certainly not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #168 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Plan and sell transportation and accommodations for travel agency customers. Determine destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations required. May also describe, plan, and arrange itineraries and sell tour packages. May assist in resolving clients' travel problems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 68,680 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Travel Agents”.
Also Known As…
- Travel Agents
- Travel Consultant
- Travel Agent
- Tour Counselor
- Tour Coordinator
- International Travel Consultant
- Destination Specialist
- Corporate Travel Consultant
- Beach Expert
- Auto Travel Counselor
- Travel Service Consultant
- Travel Professional
- Travel Counselor
- Travel Coordinator
- Tour Agent
- Corporate Travel Expert
- Corporate Travel Counselor
- Corporate Travel Agent
- Certified Travel Counselor
- Certified Corporate Travel Executive
Tasks for “Travel Counselor”
- Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
- Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
- Print or request transportation carrier tickets, using computer printer system or system link to travel carrier.
- Collect payment for transportation and accommodations from customer.
- Record and maintain information on clients, vendors, and travel packages.
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
- Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
- Provide customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations.
Related Technology & Tools
- Computer laser printers
- Ticket printing machines
- Laser facsimile machines
- Card readers
- Computer inkjet printers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Copy machines
- Public address systems
- Printing calculators
- Personal computers
- Colibripms Software Colibri
- Illusions Online Illusions OnDemand
- Galor Travel Booster
- Globekey Agentkey
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Office
- MGHworld Travel Agents
- Sabre Central Command
- Orbitz Worldwide Orbitz for Agents
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- IMS Travel Agent Reservation Software System
- Travel Agent CMS
- Sabre Airline Solutions SabreSonic Customer Sales & Service
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Apollo Reservation System
- Microsoft Excel
- Global distribution system GDS software