Will “Travel Counselor” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
9.9% Chance of Automation
“Travel Counselor” will almost certainly not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #168 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Plan and sell transportation and accommodations for travel agency customers. Determine destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations required. May also describe, plan, and arrange itineraries and sell tour packages. May assist in resolving clients' travel problems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 68,680 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Travel Agents”.
Also Known As…
- Travel Agents
- Travel Consultant
- Travel Agent
- Tour Counselor
- Tour Coordinator
- International Travel Consultant
- Destination Specialist
- Corporate Travel Consultant
- Beach Expert
- Auto Travel Counselor
- Travel Service Consultant
- Travel Professional
- Travel Counselor
- Travel Coordinator
- Tour Agent
- Corporate Travel Expert
- Corporate Travel Counselor
- Corporate Travel Agent
- Certified Travel Counselor
- Certified Corporate Travel Executive
Tasks for “Travel Counselor”
- Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
- Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
- Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
- Collect payment for transportation and accommodations from customer.
- Provide customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations.
- Print or request transportation carrier tickets, using computer printer system or system link to travel carrier.
- Record and maintain information on clients, vendors, and travel packages.
Related Technology & Tools
- Multiline telephone systems
- Printing calculators
- Copy machines
- Computer inkjet printers
- Public address systems
- Card readers
- Personal computers
- Computer laser printers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Ticket printing machines
- Sabre Airline Solutions SabreSonic Customer Sales & Service
- Sabre Central Command
- Apollo Reservation System
- Microsoft Outlook
- Illusions Online Illusions OnDemand
- Orbitz Worldwide Orbitz for Agents
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Colibripms Software Colibri
- Travel Agent CMS
- Globekey Agentkey
- Microsoft Excel
- Galor Travel Booster
- Microsoft Office
- MGHworld Travel Agents
- Microsoft Word
- IMS Travel Agent Reservation Software System
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Global distribution system GDS software
- Microsoft Access