Will “Destination Specialist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
9.9% Chance of Automation
“Destination Specialist” will almost certainly not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #168 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Plan and sell transportation and accommodations for travel agency customers. Determine destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations required. May also describe, plan, and arrange itineraries and sell tour packages. May assist in resolving clients' travel problems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 68,680 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Travel Agents”.
Also Known As…
- Travel Agents
- Travel Counselor
- Travel Consultant
- Travel Agent
- Tour Counselor
- Tour Coordinator
- International Travel Consultant
- Corporate Travel Consultant
- Beach Expert
- Auto Travel Counselor
- Travel Service Consultant
- Travel Professional
- Travel Coordinator
- Tour Agent
- Destination Specialist
- Corporate Travel Expert
- Corporate Travel Counselor
- Corporate Travel Agent
- Certified Travel Counselor
- Certified Corporate Travel Executive
Tasks for “Destination Specialist”
- Provide customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations.
- Print or request transportation carrier tickets, using computer printer system or system link to travel carrier.
- Record and maintain information on clients, vendors, and travel packages.
- Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
- Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
- Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
- Collect payment for transportation and accommodations from customer.
Related Technology & Tools
- Card readers
- Computer inkjet printers
- Printing calculators
- Copy machines
- Laser facsimile machines
- Computer laser printers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Personal computers
- Ticket printing machines
- Public address systems
- Sabre Central Command
- Microsoft Outlook
- Globekey Agentkey
- Orbitz Worldwide Orbitz for Agents
- Microsoft Office
- IMS Travel Agent Reservation Software System
- Microsoft Access
- Apollo Reservation System
- Global distribution system GDS software
- Sabre Airline Solutions SabreSonic Customer Sales & Service
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Galor Travel Booster
- Intuit QuickBooks
- MGHworld Travel Agents
- Microsoft Word
- Colibripms Software Colibri
- Travel Agent CMS
- Illusions Online Illusions OnDemand