Will “Travel Service Consultant” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
9.9% Chance of Automation
“Travel Service Consultant” will almost certainly not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #168 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Plan and sell transportation and accommodations for travel agency customers. Determine destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations required. May also describe, plan, and arrange itineraries and sell tour packages. May assist in resolving clients' travel problems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 68,680 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Travel Agents”.
Also Known As…
- Travel Agents
- Travel Counselor
- Travel Consultant
- Travel Agent
- Tour Counselor
- Tour Coordinator
- International Travel Consultant
- Destination Specialist
- Corporate Travel Consultant
- Beach Expert
- Auto Travel Counselor
- Travel Professional
- Travel Coordinator
- Tour Agent
- Corporate Travel Expert
- Corporate Travel Counselor
- Corporate Travel Agent
- Certified Travel Counselor
- Certified Corporate Travel Executive
Tasks for “Travel Service Consultant”
- Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
- Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
- Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
- Collect payment for transportation and accommodations from customer.
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
- Provide customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations.
- Print or request transportation carrier tickets, using computer printer system or system link to travel carrier.
- Record and maintain information on clients, vendors, and travel packages.
Related Technology & Tools
- Printing calculators
- Computer laser printers
- Computer inkjet printers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Personal computers
- Public address systems
- Copy machines
- Ticket printing machines
- Card readers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Sabre Central Command
- IMS Travel Agent Reservation Software System
- Orbitz Worldwide Orbitz for Agents
- Illusions Online Illusions OnDemand
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Globekey Agentkey
- Global distribution system GDS software
- Travel Agent CMS
- Sabre Airline Solutions SabreSonic Customer Sales & Service
- Galor Travel Booster
- Microsoft Word
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Outlook
- MGHworld Travel Agents
- Colibripms Software Colibri
- Apollo Reservation System