Will “Travel Service Consultant” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
9.9% Chance of Automation
“Travel Service Consultant” will almost certainly not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #168 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Plan and sell transportation and accommodations for travel agency customers. Determine destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations required. May also describe, plan, and arrange itineraries and sell tour packages. May assist in resolving clients' travel problems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 68,680 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Travel Agents”.
Also Known As…
- Travel Agents
- Travel Counselor
- Travel Consultant
- Travel Agent
- Tour Counselor
- Tour Coordinator
- International Travel Consultant
- Destination Specialist
- Corporate Travel Consultant
- Beach Expert
- Auto Travel Counselor
- Travel Professional
- Travel Coordinator
- Tour Agent
- Corporate Travel Expert
- Corporate Travel Counselor
- Corporate Travel Agent
- Certified Travel Counselor
- Certified Corporate Travel Executive
Tasks for “Travel Service Consultant”
- Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
- Print or request transportation carrier tickets, using computer printer system or system link to travel carrier.
- Collect payment for transportation and accommodations from customer.
- Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
- Record and maintain information on clients, vendors, and travel packages.
- Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
- Provide customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations.
Related Technology & Tools
- Computer laser printers
- Computer inkjet printers
- Personal computers
- Printing calculators
- Ticket printing machines
- Copy machines
- Multiline telephone systems
- Card readers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Public address systems
- MGHworld Travel Agents
- Apollo Reservation System
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Access
- Colibripms Software Colibri
- Microsoft Outlook
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Galor Travel Booster
- IMS Travel Agent Reservation Software System
- Microsoft Word
- Travel Agent CMS
- Global distribution system GDS software
- Illusions Online Illusions OnDemand
- Orbitz Worldwide Orbitz for Agents
- Sabre Airline Solutions SabreSonic Customer Sales & Service
- Sabre Central Command
- Globekey Agentkey
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint