Will “Travel Service Consultant” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
9.9% Chance of Automation
“Travel Service Consultant” will almost certainly not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #168 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Plan and sell transportation and accommodations for travel agency customers. Determine destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations required. May also describe, plan, and arrange itineraries and sell tour packages. May assist in resolving clients' travel problems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 68,680 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Travel Agents”.
Also Known As…
- Travel Agents
- Travel Counselor
- Travel Consultant
- Travel Agent
- Tour Counselor
- Tour Coordinator
- International Travel Consultant
- Destination Specialist
- Corporate Travel Consultant
- Beach Expert
- Auto Travel Counselor
- Travel Professional
- Travel Coordinator
- Tour Agent
- Corporate Travel Expert
- Corporate Travel Counselor
- Corporate Travel Agent
- Certified Travel Counselor
- Certified Corporate Travel Executive
Tasks for “Travel Service Consultant”
- Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
- Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
- Collect payment for transportation and accommodations from customer.
- Record and maintain information on clients, vendors, and travel packages.
- Provide customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations.
- Print or request transportation carrier tickets, using computer printer system or system link to travel carrier.
- Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laser facsimile machines
- Printing calculators
- Computer inkjet printers
- Ticket printing machines
- Card readers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Computer laser printers
- Copy machines
- Personal computers
- Public address systems
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Intuit QuickBooks
- IMS Travel Agent Reservation Software System
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Office
- Travel Agent CMS
- Microsoft Word
- Global distribution system GDS software
- Globekey Agentkey
- Sabre Airline Solutions SabreSonic Customer Sales & Service
- Microsoft Access
- Colibripms Software Colibri
- Apollo Reservation System
- Galor Travel Booster
- Sabre Central Command
- Orbitz Worldwide Orbitz for Agents
- Illusions Online Illusions OnDemand
- MGHworld Travel Agents
- Microsoft Excel