Will “Travel Coordinator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
9.9% Chance of Automation
“Travel Coordinator” will almost certainly not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #168 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Plan and sell transportation and accommodations for travel agency customers. Determine destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations required. May also describe, plan, and arrange itineraries and sell tour packages. May assist in resolving clients' travel problems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 68,680 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Travel Agents”.
Also Known As…
- Travel Agents
- Travel Counselor
- Travel Consultant
- Travel Agent
- Tour Counselor
- Tour Coordinator
- International Travel Consultant
- Destination Specialist
- Corporate Travel Consultant
- Beach Expert
- Auto Travel Counselor
- Travel Service Consultant
- Travel Professional
- Tour Agent
- Corporate Travel Expert
- Corporate Travel Counselor
- Corporate Travel Agent
- Certified Travel Counselor
- Certified Corporate Travel Executive
Tasks for “Travel Coordinator”
- Record and maintain information on clients, vendors, and travel packages.
- Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
- Collect payment for transportation and accommodations from customer.
- Print or request transportation carrier tickets, using computer printer system or system link to travel carrier.
- Provide customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations.
- Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
- Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
Related Technology & Tools
- Printing calculators
- Multiline telephone systems
- Laser facsimile machines
- Copy machines
- Public address systems
- Computer inkjet printers
- Computer laser printers
- Card readers
- Personal computers
- Ticket printing machines
- Microsoft Excel
- Travel Agent CMS
- Apollo Reservation System
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Sabre Central Command
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Sabre Airline Solutions SabreSonic Customer Sales & Service
- Orbitz Worldwide Orbitz for Agents
- Illusions Online Illusions OnDemand
- Galor Travel Booster
- Global distribution system GDS software
- Globekey Agentkey
- Microsoft Outlook
- MGHworld Travel Agents
- Colibripms Software Colibri
- IMS Travel Agent Reservation Software System
- Microsoft Access