Will “Travel Coordinator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
9.9% Chance of Automation
“Travel Coordinator” will almost certainly not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #168 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Plan and sell transportation and accommodations for travel agency customers. Determine destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations required. May also describe, plan, and arrange itineraries and sell tour packages. May assist in resolving clients' travel problems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 68,680 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Travel Agents”.
Also Known As…
- Travel Agents
- Travel Counselor
- Travel Consultant
- Travel Agent
- Tour Counselor
- Tour Coordinator
- International Travel Consultant
- Destination Specialist
- Corporate Travel Consultant
- Beach Expert
- Auto Travel Counselor
- Travel Service Consultant
- Travel Professional
- Tour Agent
- Corporate Travel Expert
- Corporate Travel Counselor
- Corporate Travel Agent
- Certified Travel Counselor
- Certified Corporate Travel Executive
Tasks for “Travel Coordinator”
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
- Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
- Collect payment for transportation and accommodations from customer.
- Record and maintain information on clients, vendors, and travel packages.
- Print or request transportation carrier tickets, using computer printer system or system link to travel carrier.
- Provide customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations.
- Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
- Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
Related Technology & Tools
- Printing calculators
- Computer laser printers
- Public address systems
- Laser facsimile machines
- Ticket printing machines
- Card readers
- Copy machines
- Multiline telephone systems
- Computer inkjet printers
- Personal computers
- MGHworld Travel Agents
- IMS Travel Agent Reservation Software System
- Travel Agent CMS
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Global distribution system GDS software
- Apollo Reservation System
- Microsoft Office
- Sabre Airline Solutions SabreSonic Customer Sales & Service
- Galor Travel Booster
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Orbitz Worldwide Orbitz for Agents
- Globekey Agentkey
- Illusions Online Illusions OnDemand
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Sabre Central Command
- Microsoft Outlook
- Colibripms Software Colibri