Will “Beach Expert” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
9.9% Chance of Automation
“Beach Expert” will almost certainly not be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #168 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Plan and sell transportation and accommodations for travel agency customers. Determine destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations required. May also describe, plan, and arrange itineraries and sell tour packages. May assist in resolving clients' travel problems.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 41-3041.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 39,900.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 19.00
- Currently, there are 68,680 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Travel Agents”.
Also Known As…
- Travel Agents
- Travel Counselor
- Travel Consultant
- Travel Agent
- Tour Counselor
- Tour Coordinator
- International Travel Consultant
- Destination Specialist
- Corporate Travel Consultant
- Auto Travel Counselor
- Travel Service Consultant
- Travel Professional
- Travel Coordinator
- Tour Agent
- Corporate Travel Expert
- Corporate Travel Counselor
- Corporate Travel Agent
- Certified Travel Counselor
- Certified Corporate Travel Executive
- Beach Expert
Tasks for “Beach Expert”
- Print or request transportation carrier tickets, using computer printer system or system link to travel carrier.
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs.
- Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
- Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone.
- Record and maintain information on clients, vendors, and travel packages.
- Collect payment for transportation and accommodations from customer.
- Provide customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations.
- Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers.
Related Technology & Tools
- Computer laser printers
- Printing calculators
- Laser facsimile machines
- Public address systems
- Multiline telephone systems
- Computer inkjet printers
- Personal computers
- Ticket printing machines
- Card readers
- Copy machines
- Globekey Agentkey
- Microsoft Office
- Apollo Reservation System
- Microsoft Word
- MGHworld Travel Agents
- Galor Travel Booster
- Sabre Central Command
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- IMS Travel Agent Reservation Software System
- Travel Agent CMS
- Sabre Airline Solutions SabreSonic Customer Sales & Service
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Microsoft Outlook
- Global distribution system GDS software
- Orbitz Worldwide Orbitz for Agents
- Microsoft Access
- Colibripms Software Colibri
- Microsoft Excel
- Illusions Online Illusions OnDemand