Will “Domestic Freight Forwarder” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Research rates, routings, or modes of transport for shipment of products. Maintain awareness of regulations affecting the international movement of cargo. Make arrangements for additional services, such as storage or inland transportation.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-5011.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Freight Forwarders”.
Also Known As…
- Freight Forwarders
- Special Services Agent
- Route Specialist
- Relocation Coordinator
- Ocean Forwarder
- Ocean Export Coordinator
- GSA Coordinator
- Export Coordinator
- Air Export Coordinator
- Air Export Agent
- Account Manager
- Transportation Technician
- Transportation Clerk
- Ocean Transportation Intermediary
- Ocean Freight Manager
- Ocean Freight Forwarder
- Ocean Freight Customer Relation Specialist
- Logistics Technician
- International Freight Forwarder
- Import/Export Freight Forwarder
- Import Export Clerk
- Freight Router
- Freight Forwarder
- Export Freight Specialist
- Export Freight Manager
- Export Freight Clerk
- Air/Ocean Export Clerk
- Air Cargo Agent
Tasks for “Domestic Freight Forwarder”
- Recommend or arrange appropriate merchandise packing methods, according to climate, terrain, weight, nature of goods, or costs.
- Prepare invoices or cost quotations for freight transportation.
- Calculate weight, volume, or cost of goods to be moved.
- Verify adherence of documentation to customs, insurance, or regulatory requirements.
- Arrange for applicable duties, taxes, or paperwork for customs clearance.
- Inform clients of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transfers, or regulations affecting shipments.
- Keep records of goods dispatched or received.
- Make arrangements with customs brokers to facilitate the passage of goods through customs.
- Arrange for transport, using a variety of modes, such as rail, short sea shipping, air, or roadways, to minimize carbon emissions or other environmental impacts.
- Prepare shipping documentation, such as including bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, or certificates of origin.
- Reserve necessary space on ships, aircraft, trains, or trucks.
- Provide detailed port information to importers or exporters.
- Monitor or record locations of goods in transit.
- Select shipment routes, based on nature of goods shipped, transit times, or security needs.
- Recommend shipping solutions to minimize cost or environmental impacts.
- Determine efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods from one location to another.
- Negotiate shipping rates with freight carriers.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations, or other factors that could affect freight shipping.
- Arrange for special transport of sensitive cargoes, such as livestock, food, or medical supplies.
- Pay or arrange for payment of freight or insurance fees or other charges.
- Refer exporters to experts in areas such as trade financing, international marketing, government export requirements, international banking, or marine insurance.
- Arrange delivery or storage of goods at destinations.
- Obtain or arrange cargo insurance.
- Verify proper packaging and labeling of exported goods.
- Complete customs paperwork.
- Analyze shipping routes to determine how to minimize environmental impact.
- Review the environmental records of freight carriers to inform shipping decisions.
- Consolidate loads with a common destination to reduce costs to individual shippers.
- Consider environmental sustainability factors when determining merchandise packing methods.
- Provide shipment status notification to exporters, consignees, or insurers.
- Assist clients in obtaining insurance reimbursements.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laptop computers
- Desktop computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- CEDAS Gateway
- Riege Software International Procars
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Kewill Global Trade and Logistics
- Web browser software
- Email software
- Package tracking software
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Microsoft Office
- TMW Enterprise Transportation Management Systems
- IES Ecellerate
- Arcline ArcFreight
- Tailwind Management Systems Tailwind
- QuestaWeb TradeMaster QW
- Microsoft Word
- RedBerry Logistics
- CargoWise ediEnterprise
- Microsoft Excel
- Star Tec Software Hercules Export