Will “Domestic Freight Forwarder” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Research rates, routings, or modes of transport for shipment of products. Maintain awareness of regulations affecting the international movement of cargo. Make arrangements for additional services, such as storage or inland transportation.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-5011.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Freight Forwarders”.
Also Known As…
- Freight Forwarders
- Special Services Agent
- Route Specialist
- Relocation Coordinator
- Ocean Forwarder
- Ocean Export Coordinator
- GSA Coordinator
- Export Coordinator
- Air Export Coordinator
- Air Export Agent
- Account Manager
- Transportation Technician
- Transportation Clerk
- Ocean Transportation Intermediary
- Ocean Freight Manager
- Ocean Freight Forwarder
- Ocean Freight Customer Relation Specialist
- Logistics Technician
- International Freight Forwarder
- Import/Export Freight Forwarder
- Import Export Clerk
- Freight Router
- Freight Forwarder
- Export Freight Specialist
- Export Freight Manager
- Export Freight Clerk
- Air/Ocean Export Clerk
- Air Cargo Agent
Tasks for “Domestic Freight Forwarder”
- Prepare shipping documentation, such as including bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, or certificates of origin.
- Obtain or arrange cargo insurance.
- Complete customs paperwork.
- Inform clients of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transfers, or regulations affecting shipments.
- Keep records of goods dispatched or received.
- Review the environmental records of freight carriers to inform shipping decisions.
- Assist clients in obtaining insurance reimbursements.
- Arrange for special transport of sensitive cargoes, such as livestock, food, or medical supplies.
- Determine efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods from one location to another.
- Negotiate shipping rates with freight carriers.
- Monitor or record locations of goods in transit.
- Calculate weight, volume, or cost of goods to be moved.
- Consider environmental sustainability factors when determining merchandise packing methods.
- Recommend or arrange appropriate merchandise packing methods, according to climate, terrain, weight, nature of goods, or costs.
- Verify proper packaging and labeling of exported goods.
- Analyze shipping routes to determine how to minimize environmental impact.
- Reserve necessary space on ships, aircraft, trains, or trucks.
- Provide shipment status notification to exporters, consignees, or insurers.
- Provide detailed port information to importers or exporters.
- Arrange delivery or storage of goods at destinations.
- Select shipment routes, based on nature of goods shipped, transit times, or security needs.
- Arrange for applicable duties, taxes, or paperwork for customs clearance.
- Refer exporters to experts in areas such as trade financing, international marketing, government export requirements, international banking, or marine insurance.
- Verify adherence of documentation to customs, insurance, or regulatory requirements.
- Prepare invoices or cost quotations for freight transportation.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations, or other factors that could affect freight shipping.
- Arrange for transport, using a variety of modes, such as rail, short sea shipping, air, or roadways, to minimize carbon emissions or other environmental impacts.
- Pay or arrange for payment of freight or insurance fees or other charges.
- Make arrangements with customs brokers to facilitate the passage of goods through customs.
- Consolidate loads with a common destination to reduce costs to individual shippers.
- Recommend shipping solutions to minimize cost or environmental impacts.
Related Technology & Tools
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laptop computers
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Package tracking software
- Microsoft Excel
- Riege Software International Procars
- Microsoft Outlook
- CEDAS Gateway
- Tailwind Management Systems Tailwind
- Star Tec Software Hercules Export
- TMW Enterprise Transportation Management Systems
- Arcline ArcFreight
- Microsoft Word
- RedBerry Logistics
- Kewill Global Trade and Logistics
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Office
- Email software
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- IES Ecellerate
- QuestaWeb TradeMaster QW
- CargoWise ediEnterprise