Will “Export Coordinator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Research rates, routings, or modes of transport for shipment of products. Maintain awareness of regulations affecting the international movement of cargo. Make arrangements for additional services, such as storage or inland transportation.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-5011.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Freight Forwarders”.
Also Known As…
- Freight Forwarders
- Special Services Agent
- Route Specialist
- Relocation Coordinator
- Ocean Forwarder
- Ocean Export Coordinator
- GSA Coordinator
- Air Export Coordinator
- Air Export Agent
- Account Manager
- Transportation Technician
- Transportation Clerk
- Ocean Transportation Intermediary
- Ocean Freight Manager
- Ocean Freight Forwarder
- Ocean Freight Customer Relation Specialist
- Logistics Technician
- International Freight Forwarder
- Import/Export Freight Forwarder
- Import Export Clerk
- Freight Router
- Freight Forwarder
- Export Freight Specialist
- Export Freight Manager
- Export Freight Clerk
- Export Coordinator
- Domestic Freight Forwarder
- Air/Ocean Export Clerk
- Air Cargo Agent
Tasks for “Export Coordinator”
- Calculate weight, volume, or cost of goods to be moved.
- Arrange for transport, using a variety of modes, such as rail, short sea shipping, air, or roadways, to minimize carbon emissions or other environmental impacts.
- Consider environmental sustainability factors when determining merchandise packing methods.
- Determine efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods from one location to another.
- Negotiate shipping rates with freight carriers.
- Consolidate loads with a common destination to reduce costs to individual shippers.
- Provide detailed port information to importers or exporters.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations, or other factors that could affect freight shipping.
- Arrange delivery or storage of goods at destinations.
- Arrange for special transport of sensitive cargoes, such as livestock, food, or medical supplies.
- Analyze shipping routes to determine how to minimize environmental impact.
- Reserve necessary space on ships, aircraft, trains, or trucks.
- Pay or arrange for payment of freight or insurance fees or other charges.
- Verify adherence of documentation to customs, insurance, or regulatory requirements.
- Verify proper packaging and labeling of exported goods.
- Review the environmental records of freight carriers to inform shipping decisions.
- Keep records of goods dispatched or received.
- Recommend or arrange appropriate merchandise packing methods, according to climate, terrain, weight, nature of goods, or costs.
- Arrange for applicable duties, taxes, or paperwork for customs clearance.
- Prepare invoices or cost quotations for freight transportation.
- Assist clients in obtaining insurance reimbursements.
- Recommend shipping solutions to minimize cost or environmental impacts.
- Monitor or record locations of goods in transit.
- Complete customs paperwork.
- Inform clients of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transfers, or regulations affecting shipments.
- Provide shipment status notification to exporters, consignees, or insurers.
- Select shipment routes, based on nature of goods shipped, transit times, or security needs.
- Refer exporters to experts in areas such as trade financing, international marketing, government export requirements, international banking, or marine insurance.
- Obtain or arrange cargo insurance.
- Prepare shipping documentation, such as including bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, or certificates of origin.
- Make arrangements with customs brokers to facilitate the passage of goods through customs.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laptop computers
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laser facsimile machines
- Package tracking software
- Microsoft Office
- Tailwind Management Systems Tailwind
- TMW Enterprise Transportation Management Systems
- Microsoft Outlook
- QuestaWeb TradeMaster QW
- Riege Software International Procars
- Kewill Global Trade and Logistics
- CEDAS Gateway
- RedBerry Logistics
- Email software
- IES Ecellerate
- Star Tec Software Hercules Export
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- CargoWise ediEnterprise
- Microsoft Word
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Arcline ArcFreight
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Excel