Will “Export Coordinator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Research rates, routings, or modes of transport for shipment of products. Maintain awareness of regulations affecting the international movement of cargo. Make arrangements for additional services, such as storage or inland transportation.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-5011.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Freight Forwarders”.
Also Known As…
- Freight Forwarders
- Special Services Agent
- Route Specialist
- Relocation Coordinator
- Ocean Forwarder
- Ocean Export Coordinator
- GSA Coordinator
- Air Export Coordinator
- Air Export Agent
- Account Manager
- Transportation Technician
- Transportation Clerk
- Ocean Transportation Intermediary
- Ocean Freight Manager
- Ocean Freight Forwarder
- Ocean Freight Customer Relation Specialist
- Logistics Technician
- International Freight Forwarder
- Import/Export Freight Forwarder
- Import Export Clerk
- Freight Router
- Freight Forwarder
- Export Freight Specialist
- Export Freight Manager
- Export Freight Clerk
- Export Coordinator
- Domestic Freight Forwarder
- Air/Ocean Export Clerk
- Air Cargo Agent
Tasks for “Export Coordinator”
- Prepare shipping documentation, such as including bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, or certificates of origin.
- Arrange for transport, using a variety of modes, such as rail, short sea shipping, air, or roadways, to minimize carbon emissions or other environmental impacts.
- Prepare invoices or cost quotations for freight transportation.
- Determine efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods from one location to another.
- Calculate weight, volume, or cost of goods to be moved.
- Arrange for applicable duties, taxes, or paperwork for customs clearance.
- Analyze shipping routes to determine how to minimize environmental impact.
- Obtain or arrange cargo insurance.
- Reserve necessary space on ships, aircraft, trains, or trucks.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations, or other factors that could affect freight shipping.
- Inform clients of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transfers, or regulations affecting shipments.
- Refer exporters to experts in areas such as trade financing, international marketing, government export requirements, international banking, or marine insurance.
- Consider environmental sustainability factors when determining merchandise packing methods.
- Assist clients in obtaining insurance reimbursements.
- Make arrangements with customs brokers to facilitate the passage of goods through customs.
- Pay or arrange for payment of freight or insurance fees or other charges.
- Provide shipment status notification to exporters, consignees, or insurers.
- Negotiate shipping rates with freight carriers.
- Arrange for special transport of sensitive cargoes, such as livestock, food, or medical supplies.
- Recommend or arrange appropriate merchandise packing methods, according to climate, terrain, weight, nature of goods, or costs.
- Select shipment routes, based on nature of goods shipped, transit times, or security needs.
- Verify adherence of documentation to customs, insurance, or regulatory requirements.
- Monitor or record locations of goods in transit.
- Complete customs paperwork.
- Arrange delivery or storage of goods at destinations.
- Review the environmental records of freight carriers to inform shipping decisions.
- Consolidate loads with a common destination to reduce costs to individual shippers.
- Verify proper packaging and labeling of exported goods.
- Keep records of goods dispatched or received.
- Recommend shipping solutions to minimize cost or environmental impacts.
- Provide detailed port information to importers or exporters.
Related Technology & Tools
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laptop computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- CEDAS Gateway
- TMW Enterprise Transportation Management Systems
- Microsoft Excel
- Riege Software International Procars
- Arcline ArcFreight
- CargoWise ediEnterprise
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Word
- QuestaWeb TradeMaster QW
- Tailwind Management Systems Tailwind
- Star Tec Software Hercules Export
- Web browser software
- IES Ecellerate
- Package tracking software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Email software
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- RedBerry Logistics
- Kewill Global Trade and Logistics