Will “Export Freight Manager” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Research rates, routings, or modes of transport for shipment of products. Maintain awareness of regulations affecting the international movement of cargo. Make arrangements for additional services, such as storage or inland transportation.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-5011.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Freight Forwarders”.
Also Known As…
- Freight Forwarders
- Special Services Agent
- Route Specialist
- Relocation Coordinator
- Ocean Forwarder
- Ocean Export Coordinator
- GSA Coordinator
- Export Coordinator
- Air Export Coordinator
- Air Export Agent
- Account Manager
- Transportation Technician
- Transportation Clerk
- Ocean Transportation Intermediary
- Ocean Freight Manager
- Ocean Freight Forwarder
- Ocean Freight Customer Relation Specialist
- Logistics Technician
- International Freight Forwarder
- Import/Export Freight Forwarder
- Import Export Clerk
- Freight Router
- Freight Forwarder
- Export Freight Specialist
- Export Freight Clerk
- Domestic Freight Forwarder
- Air/Ocean Export Clerk
- Air Cargo Agent
Tasks for “Export Freight Manager”
- Determine efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods from one location to another.
- Calculate weight, volume, or cost of goods to be moved.
- Obtain or arrange cargo insurance.
- Select shipment routes, based on nature of goods shipped, transit times, or security needs.
- Reserve necessary space on ships, aircraft, trains, or trucks.
- Prepare shipping documentation, such as including bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, or certificates of origin.
- Provide detailed port information to importers or exporters.
- Recommend or arrange appropriate merchandise packing methods, according to climate, terrain, weight, nature of goods, or costs.
- Refer exporters to experts in areas such as trade financing, international marketing, government export requirements, international banking, or marine insurance.
- Arrange for transport, using a variety of modes, such as rail, short sea shipping, air, or roadways, to minimize carbon emissions or other environmental impacts.
- Review the environmental records of freight carriers to inform shipping decisions.
- Verify proper packaging and labeling of exported goods.
- Keep records of goods dispatched or received.
- Arrange delivery or storage of goods at destinations.
- Assist clients in obtaining insurance reimbursements.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations, or other factors that could affect freight shipping.
- Consider environmental sustainability factors when determining merchandise packing methods.
- Recommend shipping solutions to minimize cost or environmental impacts.
- Consolidate loads with a common destination to reduce costs to individual shippers.
- Analyze shipping routes to determine how to minimize environmental impact.
- Complete customs paperwork.
- Prepare invoices or cost quotations for freight transportation.
- Inform clients of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transfers, or regulations affecting shipments.
- Arrange for applicable duties, taxes, or paperwork for customs clearance.
- Monitor or record locations of goods in transit.
- Negotiate shipping rates with freight carriers.
- Arrange for special transport of sensitive cargoes, such as livestock, food, or medical supplies.
- Make arrangements with customs brokers to facilitate the passage of goods through customs.
- Verify adherence of documentation to customs, insurance, or regulatory requirements.
- Provide shipment status notification to exporters, consignees, or insurers.
- Pay or arrange for payment of freight or insurance fees or other charges.
Related Technology & Tools
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Laptop computers
- TMW Enterprise Transportation Management Systems
- Tailwind Management Systems Tailwind
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- RedBerry Logistics
- Microsoft Outlook
- CargoWise ediEnterprise
- Arcline ArcFreight
- Email software
- CEDAS Gateway
- Star Tec Software Hercules Export
- Web browser software
- Kewill Global Trade and Logistics
- Microsoft Excel
- Package tracking software
- Riege Software International Procars
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Microsoft Word
- IES Ecellerate
- QuestaWeb TradeMaster QW
- Microsoft Office