Will “Export Freight Manager” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Research rates, routings, or modes of transport for shipment of products. Maintain awareness of regulations affecting the international movement of cargo. Make arrangements for additional services, such as storage or inland transportation.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-5011.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Freight Forwarders”.
Also Known As…
- Freight Forwarders
- Special Services Agent
- Route Specialist
- Relocation Coordinator
- Ocean Forwarder
- Ocean Export Coordinator
- GSA Coordinator
- Export Coordinator
- Air Export Coordinator
- Air Export Agent
- Account Manager
- Transportation Technician
- Transportation Clerk
- Ocean Transportation Intermediary
- Ocean Freight Manager
- Ocean Freight Forwarder
- Ocean Freight Customer Relation Specialist
- Logistics Technician
- International Freight Forwarder
- Import/Export Freight Forwarder
- Import Export Clerk
- Freight Router
- Freight Forwarder
- Export Freight Specialist
- Export Freight Clerk
- Domestic Freight Forwarder
- Air/Ocean Export Clerk
- Air Cargo Agent
Tasks for “Export Freight Manager”
- Review the environmental records of freight carriers to inform shipping decisions.
- Determine efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods from one location to another.
- Complete customs paperwork.
- Provide detailed port information to importers or exporters.
- Arrange for special transport of sensitive cargoes, such as livestock, food, or medical supplies.
- Obtain or arrange cargo insurance.
- Monitor or record locations of goods in transit.
- Recommend or arrange appropriate merchandise packing methods, according to climate, terrain, weight, nature of goods, or costs.
- Verify adherence of documentation to customs, insurance, or regulatory requirements.
- Select shipment routes, based on nature of goods shipped, transit times, or security needs.
- Prepare shipping documentation, such as including bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, or certificates of origin.
- Analyze shipping routes to determine how to minimize environmental impact.
- Refer exporters to experts in areas such as trade financing, international marketing, government export requirements, international banking, or marine insurance.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations, or other factors that could affect freight shipping.
- Recommend shipping solutions to minimize cost or environmental impacts.
- Assist clients in obtaining insurance reimbursements.
- Inform clients of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transfers, or regulations affecting shipments.
- Make arrangements with customs brokers to facilitate the passage of goods through customs.
- Consider environmental sustainability factors when determining merchandise packing methods.
- Arrange delivery or storage of goods at destinations.
- Prepare invoices or cost quotations for freight transportation.
- Verify proper packaging and labeling of exported goods.
- Arrange for transport, using a variety of modes, such as rail, short sea shipping, air, or roadways, to minimize carbon emissions or other environmental impacts.
- Keep records of goods dispatched or received.
- Consolidate loads with a common destination to reduce costs to individual shippers.
- Calculate weight, volume, or cost of goods to be moved.
- Arrange for applicable duties, taxes, or paperwork for customs clearance.
- Pay or arrange for payment of freight or insurance fees or other charges.
- Provide shipment status notification to exporters, consignees, or insurers.
- Negotiate shipping rates with freight carriers.
- Reserve necessary space on ships, aircraft, trains, or trucks.
Related Technology & Tools
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laser facsimile machines
- Laptop computers
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Arcline ArcFreight
- Microsoft Word
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- TMW Enterprise Transportation Management Systems
- QuestaWeb TradeMaster QW
- IES Ecellerate
- Star Tec Software Hercules Export
- Email software
- RedBerry Logistics
- CargoWise ediEnterprise
- Kewill Global Trade and Logistics
- Tailwind Management Systems Tailwind
- Package tracking software
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser software
- CEDAS Gateway
- Microsoft Excel
- Riege Software International Procars
- Microsoft Outlook
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software