Will “International Freight Forwarder” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Research rates, routings, or modes of transport for shipment of products. Maintain awareness of regulations affecting the international movement of cargo. Make arrangements for additional services, such as storage or inland transportation.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-5011.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Freight Forwarders”.
Also Known As…
- Freight Forwarders
- Special Services Agent
- Route Specialist
- Relocation Coordinator
- Ocean Forwarder
- Ocean Export Coordinator
- GSA Coordinator
- Export Coordinator
- Air Export Coordinator
- Air Export Agent
- Account Manager
- Transportation Technician
- Transportation Clerk
- Ocean Transportation Intermediary
- Ocean Freight Manager
- Ocean Freight Forwarder
- Ocean Freight Customer Relation Specialist
- Logistics Technician
- Import/Export Freight Forwarder
- Import Export Clerk
- Freight Router
- Freight Forwarder
- Export Freight Specialist
- Export Freight Manager
- Export Freight Clerk
- Domestic Freight Forwarder
- Air/Ocean Export Clerk
- Air Cargo Agent
Tasks for “International Freight Forwarder”
- Prepare invoices or cost quotations for freight transportation.
- Arrange for transport, using a variety of modes, such as rail, short sea shipping, air, or roadways, to minimize carbon emissions or other environmental impacts.
- Arrange for applicable duties, taxes, or paperwork for customs clearance.
- Assist clients in obtaining insurance reimbursements.
- Determine efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods from one location to another.
- Consolidate loads with a common destination to reduce costs to individual shippers.
- Analyze shipping routes to determine how to minimize environmental impact.
- Prepare shipping documentation, such as including bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, or certificates of origin.
- Provide detailed port information to importers or exporters.
- Negotiate shipping rates with freight carriers.
- Keep records of goods dispatched or received.
- Pay or arrange for payment of freight or insurance fees or other charges.
- Consider environmental sustainability factors when determining merchandise packing methods.
- Refer exporters to experts in areas such as trade financing, international marketing, government export requirements, international banking, or marine insurance.
- Verify adherence of documentation to customs, insurance, or regulatory requirements.
- Arrange for special transport of sensitive cargoes, such as livestock, food, or medical supplies.
- Arrange delivery or storage of goods at destinations.
- Recommend shipping solutions to minimize cost or environmental impacts.
- Complete customs paperwork.
- Monitor or record locations of goods in transit.
- Provide shipment status notification to exporters, consignees, or insurers.
- Verify proper packaging and labeling of exported goods.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations, or other factors that could affect freight shipping.
- Reserve necessary space on ships, aircraft, trains, or trucks.
- Recommend or arrange appropriate merchandise packing methods, according to climate, terrain, weight, nature of goods, or costs.
- Select shipment routes, based on nature of goods shipped, transit times, or security needs.
- Review the environmental records of freight carriers to inform shipping decisions.
- Make arrangements with customs brokers to facilitate the passage of goods through customs.
- Calculate weight, volume, or cost of goods to be moved.
- Inform clients of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transfers, or regulations affecting shipments.
- Obtain or arrange cargo insurance.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Laptop computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Personal computers
- TMW Enterprise Transportation Management Systems
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- IES Ecellerate
- Email software
- Riege Software International Procars
- Web browser software
- Kewill Global Trade and Logistics
- Microsoft Office
- CEDAS Gateway
- CargoWise ediEnterprise
- Arcline ArcFreight
- Star Tec Software Hercules Export
- RedBerry Logistics
- QuestaWeb TradeMaster QW
- Tailwind Management Systems Tailwind
- Microsoft Word
- Package tracking software