Will “Export Freight Specialist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Research rates, routings, or modes of transport for shipment of products. Maintain awareness of regulations affecting the international movement of cargo. Make arrangements for additional services, such as storage or inland transportation.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-5011.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Freight Forwarders”.
Also Known As…
- Freight Forwarders
- Special Services Agent
- Route Specialist
- Relocation Coordinator
- Ocean Forwarder
- Ocean Export Coordinator
- GSA Coordinator
- Export Coordinator
- Air Export Coordinator
- Air Export Agent
- Account Manager
- Transportation Technician
- Transportation Clerk
- Ocean Transportation Intermediary
- Ocean Freight Manager
- Ocean Freight Forwarder
- Ocean Freight Customer Relation Specialist
- Logistics Technician
- International Freight Forwarder
- Import/Export Freight Forwarder
- Import Export Clerk
- Freight Router
- Freight Forwarder
- Export Freight Manager
- Export Freight Clerk
- Domestic Freight Forwarder
- Air/Ocean Export Clerk
- Air Cargo Agent
Tasks for “Export Freight Specialist”
- Arrange for special transport of sensitive cargoes, such as livestock, food, or medical supplies.
- Assist clients in obtaining insurance reimbursements.
- Analyze shipping routes to determine how to minimize environmental impact.
- Arrange delivery or storage of goods at destinations.
- Determine efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods from one location to another.
- Arrange for transport, using a variety of modes, such as rail, short sea shipping, air, or roadways, to minimize carbon emissions or other environmental impacts.
- Obtain or arrange cargo insurance.
- Negotiate shipping rates with freight carriers.
- Provide detailed port information to importers or exporters.
- Verify proper packaging and labeling of exported goods.
- Make arrangements with customs brokers to facilitate the passage of goods through customs.
- Complete customs paperwork.
- Review the environmental records of freight carriers to inform shipping decisions.
- Provide shipment status notification to exporters, consignees, or insurers.
- Keep records of goods dispatched or received.
- Prepare shipping documentation, such as including bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, or certificates of origin.
- Consider environmental sustainability factors when determining merchandise packing methods.
- Calculate weight, volume, or cost of goods to be moved.
- Monitor or record locations of goods in transit.
- Verify adherence of documentation to customs, insurance, or regulatory requirements.
- Prepare invoices or cost quotations for freight transportation.
- Recommend or arrange appropriate merchandise packing methods, according to climate, terrain, weight, nature of goods, or costs.
- Refer exporters to experts in areas such as trade financing, international marketing, government export requirements, international banking, or marine insurance.
- Reserve necessary space on ships, aircraft, trains, or trucks.
- Inform clients of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transfers, or regulations affecting shipments.
- Consolidate loads with a common destination to reduce costs to individual shippers.
- Recommend shipping solutions to minimize cost or environmental impacts.
- Arrange for applicable duties, taxes, or paperwork for customs clearance.
- Select shipment routes, based on nature of goods shipped, transit times, or security needs.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations, or other factors that could affect freight shipping.
- Pay or arrange for payment of freight or insurance fees or other charges.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laser facsimile machines
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laptop computers
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Microsoft Word
- Riege Software International Procars
- Arcline ArcFreight
- Tailwind Management Systems Tailwind
- Package tracking software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser software
- Star Tec Software Hercules Export
- IES Ecellerate
- Microsoft Excel
- Email software
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- CEDAS Gateway
- TMW Enterprise Transportation Management Systems
- RedBerry Logistics
- Kewill Global Trade and Logistics
- CargoWise ediEnterprise
- QuestaWeb TradeMaster QW