Will “Export Freight Specialist” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Research rates, routings, or modes of transport for shipment of products. Maintain awareness of regulations affecting the international movement of cargo. Make arrangements for additional services, such as storage or inland transportation.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-5011.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Freight Forwarders”.
Also Known As…
- Freight Forwarders
- Special Services Agent
- Route Specialist
- Relocation Coordinator
- Ocean Forwarder
- Ocean Export Coordinator
- GSA Coordinator
- Export Coordinator
- Air Export Coordinator
- Air Export Agent
- Account Manager
- Transportation Technician
- Transportation Clerk
- Ocean Transportation Intermediary
- Ocean Freight Manager
- Ocean Freight Forwarder
- Ocean Freight Customer Relation Specialist
- Logistics Technician
- International Freight Forwarder
- Import/Export Freight Forwarder
- Import Export Clerk
- Freight Router
- Freight Forwarder
- Export Freight Manager
- Export Freight Clerk
- Domestic Freight Forwarder
- Air/Ocean Export Clerk
- Air Cargo Agent
Tasks for “Export Freight Specialist”
- Recommend shipping solutions to minimize cost or environmental impacts.
- Inform clients of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transfers, or regulations affecting shipments.
- Assist clients in obtaining insurance reimbursements.
- Keep records of goods dispatched or received.
- Review the environmental records of freight carriers to inform shipping decisions.
- Prepare invoices or cost quotations for freight transportation.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations, or other factors that could affect freight shipping.
- Make arrangements with customs brokers to facilitate the passage of goods through customs.
- Prepare shipping documentation, such as including bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, or certificates of origin.
- Reserve necessary space on ships, aircraft, trains, or trucks.
- Monitor or record locations of goods in transit.
- Consolidate loads with a common destination to reduce costs to individual shippers.
- Arrange delivery or storage of goods at destinations.
- Verify proper packaging and labeling of exported goods.
- Consider environmental sustainability factors when determining merchandise packing methods.
- Select shipment routes, based on nature of goods shipped, transit times, or security needs.
- Negotiate shipping rates with freight carriers.
- Complete customs paperwork.
- Provide shipment status notification to exporters, consignees, or insurers.
- Refer exporters to experts in areas such as trade financing, international marketing, government export requirements, international banking, or marine insurance.
- Arrange for special transport of sensitive cargoes, such as livestock, food, or medical supplies.
- Determine efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods from one location to another.
- Analyze shipping routes to determine how to minimize environmental impact.
- Pay or arrange for payment of freight or insurance fees or other charges.
- Recommend or arrange appropriate merchandise packing methods, according to climate, terrain, weight, nature of goods, or costs.
- Verify adherence of documentation to customs, insurance, or regulatory requirements.
- Arrange for transport, using a variety of modes, such as rail, short sea shipping, air, or roadways, to minimize carbon emissions or other environmental impacts.
- Provide detailed port information to importers or exporters.
- Obtain or arrange cargo insurance.
- Calculate weight, volume, or cost of goods to be moved.
- Arrange for applicable duties, taxes, or paperwork for customs clearance.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Laptop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laser facsimile machines
- Kewill Global Trade and Logistics
- TMW Enterprise Transportation Management Systems
- CargoWise ediEnterprise
- Tailwind Management Systems Tailwind
- IES Ecellerate
- Package tracking software
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Web browser software
- Email software
- RedBerry Logistics
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Word
- Star Tec Software Hercules Export
- QuestaWeb TradeMaster QW
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Riege Software International Procars
- Arcline ArcFreight
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- CEDAS Gateway