Will “GSA Coordinator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Research rates, routings, or modes of transport for shipment of products. Maintain awareness of regulations affecting the international movement of cargo. Make arrangements for additional services, such as storage or inland transportation.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-5011.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Freight Forwarders”.
Also Known As…
- Freight Forwarders
- Special Services Agent
- Route Specialist
- Relocation Coordinator
- Ocean Forwarder
- Ocean Export Coordinator
- Export Coordinator
- Air Export Coordinator
- Air Export Agent
- Account Manager
- Transportation Technician
- Transportation Clerk
- Ocean Transportation Intermediary
- Ocean Freight Manager
- Ocean Freight Forwarder
- Ocean Freight Customer Relation Specialist
- Logistics Technician
- International Freight Forwarder
- Import/Export Freight Forwarder
- Import Export Clerk
- GSA Coordinator
- Freight Router
- Freight Forwarder
- Export Freight Specialist
- Export Freight Manager
- Export Freight Clerk
- Domestic Freight Forwarder
- Air/Ocean Export Clerk
- Air Cargo Agent
Tasks for “GSA Coordinator”
- Arrange for special transport of sensitive cargoes, such as livestock, food, or medical supplies.
- Refer exporters to experts in areas such as trade financing, international marketing, government export requirements, international banking, or marine insurance.
- Obtain or arrange cargo insurance.
- Verify adherence of documentation to customs, insurance, or regulatory requirements.
- Consider environmental sustainability factors when determining merchandise packing methods.
- Provide detailed port information to importers or exporters.
- Complete customs paperwork.
- Prepare shipping documentation, such as including bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, or certificates of origin.
- Negotiate shipping rates with freight carriers.
- Determine efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods from one location to another.
- Prepare invoices or cost quotations for freight transportation.
- Arrange for transport, using a variety of modes, such as rail, short sea shipping, air, or roadways, to minimize carbon emissions or other environmental impacts.
- Verify proper packaging and labeling of exported goods.
- Select shipment routes, based on nature of goods shipped, transit times, or security needs.
- Recommend shipping solutions to minimize cost or environmental impacts.
- Analyze shipping routes to determine how to minimize environmental impact.
- Assist clients in obtaining insurance reimbursements.
- Inform clients of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transfers, or regulations affecting shipments.
- Consolidate loads with a common destination to reduce costs to individual shippers.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations, or other factors that could affect freight shipping.
- Provide shipment status notification to exporters, consignees, or insurers.
- Keep records of goods dispatched or received.
- Recommend or arrange appropriate merchandise packing methods, according to climate, terrain, weight, nature of goods, or costs.
- Review the environmental records of freight carriers to inform shipping decisions.
- Arrange delivery or storage of goods at destinations.
- Reserve necessary space on ships, aircraft, trains, or trucks.
- Arrange for applicable duties, taxes, or paperwork for customs clearance.
- Calculate weight, volume, or cost of goods to be moved.
- Monitor or record locations of goods in transit.
- Make arrangements with customs brokers to facilitate the passage of goods through customs.
- Pay or arrange for payment of freight or insurance fees or other charges.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laser facsimile machines
- Laptop computers
- Kewill Global Trade and Logistics
- Star Tec Software Hercules Export
- CargoWise ediEnterprise
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Office
- CEDAS Gateway
- TMW Enterprise Transportation Management Systems
- Microsoft Word
- RedBerry Logistics
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- QuestaWeb TradeMaster QW
- Riege Software International Procars
- Package tracking software
- Microsoft Excel
- Web browser software
- Email software
- Arcline ArcFreight
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Tailwind Management Systems Tailwind
- IES Ecellerate