Will “GSA Coordinator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Research rates, routings, or modes of transport for shipment of products. Maintain awareness of regulations affecting the international movement of cargo. Make arrangements for additional services, such as storage or inland transportation.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-5011.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Freight Forwarders”.
Also Known As…
- Freight Forwarders
- Special Services Agent
- Route Specialist
- Relocation Coordinator
- Ocean Forwarder
- Ocean Export Coordinator
- Export Coordinator
- Air Export Coordinator
- Air Export Agent
- Account Manager
- Transportation Technician
- Transportation Clerk
- Ocean Transportation Intermediary
- Ocean Freight Manager
- Ocean Freight Forwarder
- Ocean Freight Customer Relation Specialist
- Logistics Technician
- International Freight Forwarder
- Import/Export Freight Forwarder
- Import Export Clerk
- GSA Coordinator
- Freight Router
- Freight Forwarder
- Export Freight Specialist
- Export Freight Manager
- Export Freight Clerk
- Domestic Freight Forwarder
- Air/Ocean Export Clerk
- Air Cargo Agent
Tasks for “GSA Coordinator”
- Provide detailed port information to importers or exporters.
- Prepare invoices or cost quotations for freight transportation.
- Determine efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods from one location to another.
- Consider environmental sustainability factors when determining merchandise packing methods.
- Make arrangements with customs brokers to facilitate the passage of goods through customs.
- Arrange for special transport of sensitive cargoes, such as livestock, food, or medical supplies.
- Recommend or arrange appropriate merchandise packing methods, according to climate, terrain, weight, nature of goods, or costs.
- Arrange for transport, using a variety of modes, such as rail, short sea shipping, air, or roadways, to minimize carbon emissions or other environmental impacts.
- Monitor or record locations of goods in transit.
- Obtain or arrange cargo insurance.
- Prepare shipping documentation, such as including bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, or certificates of origin.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations, or other factors that could affect freight shipping.
- Provide shipment status notification to exporters, consignees, or insurers.
- Pay or arrange for payment of freight or insurance fees or other charges.
- Keep records of goods dispatched or received.
- Reserve necessary space on ships, aircraft, trains, or trucks.
- Assist clients in obtaining insurance reimbursements.
- Analyze shipping routes to determine how to minimize environmental impact.
- Negotiate shipping rates with freight carriers.
- Select shipment routes, based on nature of goods shipped, transit times, or security needs.
- Consolidate loads with a common destination to reduce costs to individual shippers.
- Recommend shipping solutions to minimize cost or environmental impacts.
- Verify adherence of documentation to customs, insurance, or regulatory requirements.
- Complete customs paperwork.
- Calculate weight, volume, or cost of goods to be moved.
- Arrange delivery or storage of goods at destinations.
- Inform clients of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transfers, or regulations affecting shipments.
- Review the environmental records of freight carriers to inform shipping decisions.
- Verify proper packaging and labeling of exported goods.
- Arrange for applicable duties, taxes, or paperwork for customs clearance.
- Refer exporters to experts in areas such as trade financing, international marketing, government export requirements, international banking, or marine insurance.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Laptop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laser facsimile machines
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- CargoWise ediEnterprise
- Microsoft Word
- Star Tec Software Hercules Export
- Riege Software International Procars
- Email software
- Tailwind Management Systems Tailwind
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- RedBerry Logistics
- CEDAS Gateway
- Arcline ArcFreight
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- IES Ecellerate
- TMW Enterprise Transportation Management Systems
- QuestaWeb TradeMaster QW
- Kewill Global Trade and Logistics
- Microsoft Outlook
- Web browser software
- Package tracking software