Will “GSA Coordinator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Research rates, routings, or modes of transport for shipment of products. Maintain awareness of regulations affecting the international movement of cargo. Make arrangements for additional services, such as storage or inland transportation.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-5011.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Freight Forwarders”.
Also Known As…
- Freight Forwarders
- Special Services Agent
- Route Specialist
- Relocation Coordinator
- Ocean Forwarder
- Ocean Export Coordinator
- Export Coordinator
- Air Export Coordinator
- Air Export Agent
- Account Manager
- Transportation Technician
- Transportation Clerk
- Ocean Transportation Intermediary
- Ocean Freight Manager
- Ocean Freight Forwarder
- Ocean Freight Customer Relation Specialist
- Logistics Technician
- International Freight Forwarder
- Import/Export Freight Forwarder
- Import Export Clerk
- GSA Coordinator
- Freight Router
- Freight Forwarder
- Export Freight Specialist
- Export Freight Manager
- Export Freight Clerk
- Domestic Freight Forwarder
- Air/Ocean Export Clerk
- Air Cargo Agent
Tasks for “GSA Coordinator”
- Prepare shipping documentation, such as including bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, or certificates of origin.
- Complete customs paperwork.
- Verify adherence of documentation to customs, insurance, or regulatory requirements.
- Arrange delivery or storage of goods at destinations.
- Make arrangements with customs brokers to facilitate the passage of goods through customs.
- Pay or arrange for payment of freight or insurance fees or other charges.
- Provide detailed port information to importers or exporters.
- Recommend or arrange appropriate merchandise packing methods, according to climate, terrain, weight, nature of goods, or costs.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations, or other factors that could affect freight shipping.
- Recommend shipping solutions to minimize cost or environmental impacts.
- Calculate weight, volume, or cost of goods to be moved.
- Prepare invoices or cost quotations for freight transportation.
- Obtain or arrange cargo insurance.
- Arrange for transport, using a variety of modes, such as rail, short sea shipping, air, or roadways, to minimize carbon emissions or other environmental impacts.
- Provide shipment status notification to exporters, consignees, or insurers.
- Determine efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods from one location to another.
- Refer exporters to experts in areas such as trade financing, international marketing, government export requirements, international banking, or marine insurance.
- Monitor or record locations of goods in transit.
- Assist clients in obtaining insurance reimbursements.
- Review the environmental records of freight carriers to inform shipping decisions.
- Reserve necessary space on ships, aircraft, trains, or trucks.
- Keep records of goods dispatched or received.
- Select shipment routes, based on nature of goods shipped, transit times, or security needs.
- Consider environmental sustainability factors when determining merchandise packing methods.
- Analyze shipping routes to determine how to minimize environmental impact.
- Arrange for applicable duties, taxes, or paperwork for customs clearance.
- Negotiate shipping rates with freight carriers.
- Consolidate loads with a common destination to reduce costs to individual shippers.
- Inform clients of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transfers, or regulations affecting shipments.
- Verify proper packaging and labeling of exported goods.
- Arrange for special transport of sensitive cargoes, such as livestock, food, or medical supplies.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laser facsimile machines
- Laptop computers
- Desktop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Personal computers
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Package tracking software
- RedBerry Logistics
- Kewill Global Trade and Logistics
- Star Tec Software Hercules Export
- Microsoft Outlook
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Office
- CargoWise ediEnterprise
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- TMW Enterprise Transportation Management Systems
- Arcline ArcFreight
- Tailwind Management Systems Tailwind
- Email software
- CEDAS Gateway
- Riege Software International Procars
- IES Ecellerate
- QuestaWeb TradeMaster QW