Will “Special Services Agent” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Research rates, routings, or modes of transport for shipment of products. Maintain awareness of regulations affecting the international movement of cargo. Make arrangements for additional services, such as storage or inland transportation.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-5011.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Freight Forwarders”.
Also Known As…
- Freight Forwarders
- Route Specialist
- Relocation Coordinator
- Ocean Forwarder
- Ocean Export Coordinator
- GSA Coordinator
- Export Coordinator
- Air Export Coordinator
- Air Export Agent
- Account Manager
- Transportation Technician
- Transportation Clerk
- Special Services Agent
- Ocean Transportation Intermediary
- Ocean Freight Manager
- Ocean Freight Forwarder
- Ocean Freight Customer Relation Specialist
- Logistics Technician
- International Freight Forwarder
- Import/Export Freight Forwarder
- Import Export Clerk
- Freight Router
- Freight Forwarder
- Export Freight Specialist
- Export Freight Manager
- Export Freight Clerk
- Domestic Freight Forwarder
- Air/Ocean Export Clerk
- Air Cargo Agent
Tasks for “Special Services Agent”
- Reserve necessary space on ships, aircraft, trains, or trucks.
- Consider environmental sustainability factors when determining merchandise packing methods.
- Obtain or arrange cargo insurance.
- Recommend or arrange appropriate merchandise packing methods, according to climate, terrain, weight, nature of goods, or costs.
- Make arrangements with customs brokers to facilitate the passage of goods through customs.
- Verify adherence of documentation to customs, insurance, or regulatory requirements.
- Inform clients of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transfers, or regulations affecting shipments.
- Pay or arrange for payment of freight or insurance fees or other charges.
- Monitor or record locations of goods in transit.
- Verify proper packaging and labeling of exported goods.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations, or other factors that could affect freight shipping.
- Complete customs paperwork.
- Select shipment routes, based on nature of goods shipped, transit times, or security needs.
- Negotiate shipping rates with freight carriers.
- Arrange for applicable duties, taxes, or paperwork for customs clearance.
- Arrange for special transport of sensitive cargoes, such as livestock, food, or medical supplies.
- Calculate weight, volume, or cost of goods to be moved.
- Analyze shipping routes to determine how to minimize environmental impact.
- Review the environmental records of freight carriers to inform shipping decisions.
- Provide shipment status notification to exporters, consignees, or insurers.
- Consolidate loads with a common destination to reduce costs to individual shippers.
- Provide detailed port information to importers or exporters.
- Arrange for transport, using a variety of modes, such as rail, short sea shipping, air, or roadways, to minimize carbon emissions or other environmental impacts.
- Keep records of goods dispatched or received.
- Recommend shipping solutions to minimize cost or environmental impacts.
- Prepare invoices or cost quotations for freight transportation.
- Prepare shipping documentation, such as including bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, or certificates of origin.
- Assist clients in obtaining insurance reimbursements.
- Arrange delivery or storage of goods at destinations.
- Refer exporters to experts in areas such as trade financing, international marketing, government export requirements, international banking, or marine insurance.
- Determine efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods from one location to another.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Laptop computers
- Personal computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laser facsimile machines
- Kewill Global Trade and Logistics
- Microsoft Outlook
- Arcline ArcFreight
- TMW Enterprise Transportation Management Systems
- QuestaWeb TradeMaster QW
- Tailwind Management Systems Tailwind
- Package tracking software
- Star Tec Software Hercules Export
- Microsoft Excel
- IES Ecellerate
- RedBerry Logistics
- CargoWise ediEnterprise
- CEDAS Gateway
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Riege Software International Procars
- Web browser software
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Microsoft Office
- Email software
- Microsoft Word