Will “Export Freight Clerk” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Research rates, routings, or modes of transport for shipment of products. Maintain awareness of regulations affecting the international movement of cargo. Make arrangements for additional services, such as storage or inland transportation.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-5011.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Freight Forwarders”.
Also Known As…
- Freight Forwarders
- Special Services Agent
- Route Specialist
- Relocation Coordinator
- Ocean Forwarder
- Ocean Export Coordinator
- GSA Coordinator
- Export Coordinator
- Air Export Coordinator
- Air Export Agent
- Account Manager
- Transportation Technician
- Transportation Clerk
- Ocean Transportation Intermediary
- Ocean Freight Manager
- Ocean Freight Forwarder
- Ocean Freight Customer Relation Specialist
- Logistics Technician
- International Freight Forwarder
- Import/Export Freight Forwarder
- Import Export Clerk
- Freight Router
- Freight Forwarder
- Export Freight Specialist
- Export Freight Manager
- Domestic Freight Forwarder
- Air/Ocean Export Clerk
- Air Cargo Agent
Tasks for “Export Freight Clerk”
- Consolidate loads with a common destination to reduce costs to individual shippers.
- Prepare invoices or cost quotations for freight transportation.
- Obtain or arrange cargo insurance.
- Select shipment routes, based on nature of goods shipped, transit times, or security needs.
- Pay or arrange for payment of freight or insurance fees or other charges.
- Verify proper packaging and labeling of exported goods.
- Provide shipment status notification to exporters, consignees, or insurers.
- Calculate weight, volume, or cost of goods to be moved.
- Reserve necessary space on ships, aircraft, trains, or trucks.
- Make arrangements with customs brokers to facilitate the passage of goods through customs.
- Negotiate shipping rates with freight carriers.
- Arrange for special transport of sensitive cargoes, such as livestock, food, or medical supplies.
- Arrange for applicable duties, taxes, or paperwork for customs clearance.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations, or other factors that could affect freight shipping.
- Recommend or arrange appropriate merchandise packing methods, according to climate, terrain, weight, nature of goods, or costs.
- Determine efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods from one location to another.
- Monitor or record locations of goods in transit.
- Analyze shipping routes to determine how to minimize environmental impact.
- Recommend shipping solutions to minimize cost or environmental impacts.
- Provide detailed port information to importers or exporters.
- Complete customs paperwork.
- Keep records of goods dispatched or received.
- Refer exporters to experts in areas such as trade financing, international marketing, government export requirements, international banking, or marine insurance.
- Review the environmental records of freight carriers to inform shipping decisions.
- Assist clients in obtaining insurance reimbursements.
- Inform clients of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transfers, or regulations affecting shipments.
- Arrange for transport, using a variety of modes, such as rail, short sea shipping, air, or roadways, to minimize carbon emissions or other environmental impacts.
- Verify adherence of documentation to customs, insurance, or regulatory requirements.
- Consider environmental sustainability factors when determining merchandise packing methods.
- Arrange delivery or storage of goods at destinations.
- Prepare shipping documentation, such as including bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, or certificates of origin.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Laptop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Desktop computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Arcline ArcFreight
- Email software
- Tailwind Management Systems Tailwind
- Web browser software
- Kewill Global Trade and Logistics
- Microsoft Excel
- Riege Software International Procars
- QuestaWeb TradeMaster QW
- Star Tec Software Hercules Export
- CEDAS Gateway
- RedBerry Logistics
- Microsoft Word
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Microsoft Office
- CargoWise ediEnterprise
- Package tracking software
- IES Ecellerate
- TMW Enterprise Transportation Management Systems
- Microsoft Outlook
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software