Will “Export Freight Clerk” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Research rates, routings, or modes of transport for shipment of products. Maintain awareness of regulations affecting the international movement of cargo. Make arrangements for additional services, such as storage or inland transportation.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-5011.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Freight Forwarders”.
Also Known As…
- Freight Forwarders
- Special Services Agent
- Route Specialist
- Relocation Coordinator
- Ocean Forwarder
- Ocean Export Coordinator
- GSA Coordinator
- Export Coordinator
- Air Export Coordinator
- Air Export Agent
- Account Manager
- Transportation Technician
- Transportation Clerk
- Ocean Transportation Intermediary
- Ocean Freight Manager
- Ocean Freight Forwarder
- Ocean Freight Customer Relation Specialist
- Logistics Technician
- International Freight Forwarder
- Import/Export Freight Forwarder
- Import Export Clerk
- Freight Router
- Freight Forwarder
- Export Freight Specialist
- Export Freight Manager
- Domestic Freight Forwarder
- Air/Ocean Export Clerk
- Air Cargo Agent
Tasks for “Export Freight Clerk”
- Provide shipment status notification to exporters, consignees, or insurers.
- Monitor or record locations of goods in transit.
- Verify proper packaging and labeling of exported goods.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations, or other factors that could affect freight shipping.
- Obtain or arrange cargo insurance.
- Verify adherence of documentation to customs, insurance, or regulatory requirements.
- Prepare invoices or cost quotations for freight transportation.
- Negotiate shipping rates with freight carriers.
- Arrange for applicable duties, taxes, or paperwork for customs clearance.
- Assist clients in obtaining insurance reimbursements.
- Make arrangements with customs brokers to facilitate the passage of goods through customs.
- Inform clients of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transfers, or regulations affecting shipments.
- Pay or arrange for payment of freight or insurance fees or other charges.
- Arrange for transport, using a variety of modes, such as rail, short sea shipping, air, or roadways, to minimize carbon emissions or other environmental impacts.
- Determine efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods from one location to another.
- Consolidate loads with a common destination to reduce costs to individual shippers.
- Refer exporters to experts in areas such as trade financing, international marketing, government export requirements, international banking, or marine insurance.
- Select shipment routes, based on nature of goods shipped, transit times, or security needs.
- Reserve necessary space on ships, aircraft, trains, or trucks.
- Analyze shipping routes to determine how to minimize environmental impact.
- Consider environmental sustainability factors when determining merchandise packing methods.
- Arrange for special transport of sensitive cargoes, such as livestock, food, or medical supplies.
- Calculate weight, volume, or cost of goods to be moved.
- Arrange delivery or storage of goods at destinations.
- Keep records of goods dispatched or received.
- Recommend shipping solutions to minimize cost or environmental impacts.
- Review the environmental records of freight carriers to inform shipping decisions.
- Complete customs paperwork.
- Recommend or arrange appropriate merchandise packing methods, according to climate, terrain, weight, nature of goods, or costs.
- Prepare shipping documentation, such as including bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, or certificates of origin.
- Provide detailed port information to importers or exporters.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laser facsimile machines
- Laptop computers
- RedBerry Logistics
- QuestaWeb TradeMaster QW
- Microsoft Excel
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Package tracking software
- Microsoft Office
- CargoWise ediEnterprise
- Arcline ArcFreight
- CEDAS Gateway
- Web browser software
- Tailwind Management Systems Tailwind
- Microsoft Word
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Star Tec Software Hercules Export
- TMW Enterprise Transportation Management Systems
- Kewill Global Trade and Logistics
- IES Ecellerate
- Riege Software International Procars