Will “Import/Export Freight Forwarder” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Research rates, routings, or modes of transport for shipment of products. Maintain awareness of regulations affecting the international movement of cargo. Make arrangements for additional services, such as storage or inland transportation.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-5011.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Freight Forwarders”.
Also Known As…
- Freight Forwarders
- Special Services Agent
- Route Specialist
- Relocation Coordinator
- Ocean Forwarder
- Ocean Export Coordinator
- GSA Coordinator
- Export Coordinator
- Air Export Coordinator
- Air Export Agent
- Account Manager
- Transportation Technician
- Transportation Clerk
- Ocean Transportation Intermediary
- Ocean Freight Manager
- Ocean Freight Forwarder
- Ocean Freight Customer Relation Specialist
- Logistics Technician
- International Freight Forwarder
- Import Export Clerk
- Freight Router
- Freight Forwarder
- Export Freight Specialist
- Export Freight Manager
- Export Freight Clerk
- Domestic Freight Forwarder
- Air/Ocean Export Clerk
- Air Cargo Agent
Tasks for “Import/Export Freight Forwarder”
- Arrange for applicable duties, taxes, or paperwork for customs clearance.
- Analyze shipping routes to determine how to minimize environmental impact.
- Reserve necessary space on ships, aircraft, trains, or trucks.
- Prepare invoices or cost quotations for freight transportation.
- Pay or arrange for payment of freight or insurance fees or other charges.
- Arrange delivery or storage of goods at destinations.
- Provide detailed port information to importers or exporters.
- Obtain or arrange cargo insurance.
- Verify proper packaging and labeling of exported goods.
- Arrange for transport, using a variety of modes, such as rail, short sea shipping, air, or roadways, to minimize carbon emissions or other environmental impacts.
- Monitor or record locations of goods in transit.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations, or other factors that could affect freight shipping.
- Determine efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods from one location to another.
- Refer exporters to experts in areas such as trade financing, international marketing, government export requirements, international banking, or marine insurance.
- Keep records of goods dispatched or received.
- Consider environmental sustainability factors when determining merchandise packing methods.
- Complete customs paperwork.
- Recommend shipping solutions to minimize cost or environmental impacts.
- Inform clients of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transfers, or regulations affecting shipments.
- Arrange for special transport of sensitive cargoes, such as livestock, food, or medical supplies.
- Review the environmental records of freight carriers to inform shipping decisions.
- Consolidate loads with a common destination to reduce costs to individual shippers.
- Recommend or arrange appropriate merchandise packing methods, according to climate, terrain, weight, nature of goods, or costs.
- Provide shipment status notification to exporters, consignees, or insurers.
- Prepare shipping documentation, such as including bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, or certificates of origin.
- Calculate weight, volume, or cost of goods to be moved.
- Make arrangements with customs brokers to facilitate the passage of goods through customs.
- Select shipment routes, based on nature of goods shipped, transit times, or security needs.
- Verify adherence of documentation to customs, insurance, or regulatory requirements.
- Assist clients in obtaining insurance reimbursements.
- Negotiate shipping rates with freight carriers.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laptop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- RedBerry Logistics
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Email software
- CEDAS Gateway
- Kewill Global Trade and Logistics
- Riege Software International Procars
- IES Ecellerate
- Web browser software
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Tailwind Management Systems Tailwind
- TMW Enterprise Transportation Management Systems
- Microsoft Word
- Star Tec Software Hercules Export
- Microsoft Office
- CargoWise ediEnterprise
- Arcline ArcFreight
- Package tracking software
- QuestaWeb TradeMaster QW