Will “Import/Export Freight Forwarder” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Research rates, routings, or modes of transport for shipment of products. Maintain awareness of regulations affecting the international movement of cargo. Make arrangements for additional services, such as storage or inland transportation.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 43-5011.01
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Freight Forwarders”.
Also Known As…
- Freight Forwarders
- Special Services Agent
- Route Specialist
- Relocation Coordinator
- Ocean Forwarder
- Ocean Export Coordinator
- GSA Coordinator
- Export Coordinator
- Air Export Coordinator
- Air Export Agent
- Account Manager
- Transportation Technician
- Transportation Clerk
- Ocean Transportation Intermediary
- Ocean Freight Manager
- Ocean Freight Forwarder
- Ocean Freight Customer Relation Specialist
- Logistics Technician
- International Freight Forwarder
- Import Export Clerk
- Freight Router
- Freight Forwarder
- Export Freight Specialist
- Export Freight Manager
- Export Freight Clerk
- Domestic Freight Forwarder
- Air/Ocean Export Clerk
- Air Cargo Agent
Tasks for “Import/Export Freight Forwarder”
- Keep records of goods dispatched or received.
- Consider environmental sustainability factors when determining merchandise packing methods.
- Review the environmental records of freight carriers to inform shipping decisions.
- Make arrangements with customs brokers to facilitate the passage of goods through customs.
- Recommend or arrange appropriate merchandise packing methods, according to climate, terrain, weight, nature of goods, or costs.
- Monitor or record locations of goods in transit.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations, or other factors that could affect freight shipping.
- Analyze shipping routes to determine how to minimize environmental impact.
- Prepare invoices or cost quotations for freight transportation.
- Arrange for transport, using a variety of modes, such as rail, short sea shipping, air, or roadways, to minimize carbon emissions or other environmental impacts.
- Verify adherence of documentation to customs, insurance, or regulatory requirements.
- Arrange delivery or storage of goods at destinations.
- Determine efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods from one location to another.
- Consolidate loads with a common destination to reduce costs to individual shippers.
- Verify proper packaging and labeling of exported goods.
- Pay or arrange for payment of freight or insurance fees or other charges.
- Reserve necessary space on ships, aircraft, trains, or trucks.
- Provide detailed port information to importers or exporters.
- Obtain or arrange cargo insurance.
- Complete customs paperwork.
- Prepare shipping documentation, such as including bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, or certificates of origin.
- Recommend shipping solutions to minimize cost or environmental impacts.
- Inform clients of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transfers, or regulations affecting shipments.
- Calculate weight, volume, or cost of goods to be moved.
- Select shipment routes, based on nature of goods shipped, transit times, or security needs.
- Refer exporters to experts in areas such as trade financing, international marketing, government export requirements, international banking, or marine insurance.
- Arrange for special transport of sensitive cargoes, such as livestock, food, or medical supplies.
- Assist clients in obtaining insurance reimbursements.
- Arrange for applicable duties, taxes, or paperwork for customs clearance.
- Negotiate shipping rates with freight carriers.
- Provide shipment status notification to exporters, consignees, or insurers.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laptop computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Desktop computers
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Personal computers
- Microsoft Word
- Manufacturing resource planning MRP software
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- Package tracking software
- QuestaWeb TradeMaster QW
- Riege Software International Procars
- TMW Enterprise Transportation Management Systems
- Kewill Global Trade and Logistics
- IES Ecellerate
- Arcline ArcFreight
- Microsoft Office
- Email software
- CargoWise ediEnterprise
- Web browser software
- Star Tec Software Hercules Export
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- CEDAS Gateway
- Tailwind Management Systems Tailwind
- RedBerry Logistics