Will “Septic Pump Truck Driver” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
83% Chance of Automation
“Septic Pump Truck Driver” will probably be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #468 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Clean and repair septic tanks, sewer lines, or drains. May patch walls and partitions of tank, replace damaged drain tile, or repair breaks in underground piping.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 47-4071.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 38,870.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 18.00
- Currently, there are 26,320 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Septic Tank Servicers and Sewer Pipe Cleaners”.
Also Known As…
- Septic Tank Servicers and Sewer Pipe Cleaners
- Utility Worker
- Sewer and Drain Technician
- Sewer and Drain Cleaner
- Service Technician
- Septic Pump Truck Driver
- Septic Cleaner
- Public Works Technician
- Maintenance Worker
- Drain Cleaner
- Transport Tank Technician
- Sewer Pipe Cleaner
- Sewer Line Repairer
- Sewer Cleaner
- Sewage Screen Operator
- Septic Technician
- Septic Tank Cleaner
- Roto Rooter Operator
- Pipe Cleaning Machine Operator
- Pipe Cleaning and Priming Machine Operator
- High Reach Operator
- Electric Sewer Cleaning Machine Operator
- Drain Technician
Tasks for “Septic Pump Truck Driver”
- Tap mainline sewers to install sewer saddles.
- Inspect manholes to locate sewer line stoppages.
- Measure excavation sites, using plumbers' snakes, tapelines, or lengths of cutting heads within sewers, and mark areas for digging.
- Cut damaged sections of pipe with cutters, remove broken sections from ditches, and replace pipe sections, using pipe sleeves.
- Communicate with supervisors and other workers, using equipment such as wireless phones, pagers, or radio telephones.
- Ensure that repaired sewer line joints are tightly sealed before backfilling begins.
- Locate problems, using specially designed equipment, and mark where digging must occur to reach damaged tanks or pipes.
- Clean and disinfect domestic basements and other areas flooded by sewer stoppages.
- Rotate cleaning rods manually, using turning pins.
- Withdraw cables from pipes and examine them for evidence of mud, roots, grease, and other deposits indicating broken or clogged sewer lines.
- Clean and repair septic tanks, sewer lines, or related structures such as manholes, culverts, and catch basins.
- Service, adjust, and make minor repairs to equipment, machines, and attachments.
- Requisition or order tools and equipment.
- Dig out sewer lines manually, using shovels.
- Cover repaired pipes with dirt, and pack backfilled excavations, using air and gasoline tampers.
- Operate sewer cleaning equipment, including power rodders, high-velocity water jets, sewer flushers, bucket machines, wayne balls, and vac-alls.
- Install rotary knives on flexible cables mounted on machine reels, according to the diameters of pipes to be cleaned.
- Drive trucks to transport crews, materials, and equipment.
- Start machines to feed revolving cables or rods into openings, stopping machines and changing knives to conform to pipe sizes.
- Prepare and keep records of actions taken, including maintenance and repair work.
- Break asphalt and other pavement so that pipes can be accessed, using airhammers, picks, and shovels.
- Update sewer maps and manhole charts.
Related Technology & Tools
- Measuring tapes
- Portable sewer cleaning machines
- Dirt shovels
- Power trowels
- Sewer cleaning rods
- Pipe cutters
- Bucket machines
- End pipe wrenches
- Claw hammers
- Power rodders
- Mobile radios
- Air tampers
- Portable concrete mixers
- Caulk dispensing tools
- Septic pumping trucks
- Sewer surveillance cameras
- Liquid pumps
- Personal computers
- Prying bars
- Mobile tracked excavators
- Portable drills
- Material pumping hoses
- Air hammers
- Global positioning system GPS receivers
- Power screeds
- High velocity water jetters
- Sewer cleaners
- Word processing software
- Data entry software
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Web browser software
- Route mapping software
- Work scheduling software