Will “Manufacturing Director” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Design, integrate, or improve manufacturing systems or related processes. May work with commercial or industrial designers to refine product designs to increase producibility and decrease costs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-2199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Manufacturing Engineers”.
Also Known As…
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Process Engineer
- Plant Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Facility Engineer
- Process Manufacturing Engineer
- Methods Engineer
- Manufacturing Systems Engineer
- Manufacturing Process Engineer
- Manufacturing Director
- Manufacturing Applications Engineer
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer
- Foundry Process Engineer
- Engineer, Process
- Engineer, Methods
- Engineer, Foundry Process
- Continuous Improvement Manager
- Automation Engineer
- Applications Engineer, Manufacturing
Tasks for “Manufacturing Director”
- Redesign packaging for manufactured products to minimize raw material use or waste.
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Evaluate current or proposed manufacturing processes or practices for environmental sustainability, considering factors such as greenhouse gas emissions, air pollution, water pollution, energy use, or waste creation.
- Train production personnel in new or existing methods.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Purchase equipment, materials, or parts.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Design testing methods and test finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- Analyze the financial impacts of sustainable manufacturing processes or sustainable product manufacturing.
- Evaluate manufactured products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Prepare reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance.
- Estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, participate in educational programs, attend meetings, attend workshops, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in the manufacturing field.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Design, install, or troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
- Develop sustainable manufacturing technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, minimize raw material use, replace toxic materials with non-toxic materials, replace non-renewable materials with renewable materials, or reduce waste.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Supervise technicians, technologists, analysts, administrative staff, or other engineers.
- Design layout of equipment or workspaces to achieve maximum efficiency.
Related Technology & Tools
- Programmable logic controller PLC software
- Digital calipers
- Optical compound microscopes
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Digital micrometers
- Laptop computers
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Scientific calculators
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
- Product lifecycle management PLM software
- Computer aided manufacturing CAM software
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Visio
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Microsoft Project
- Computer numerical control CNC software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- CNC Mastercam
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Geometric CAMWorks
- IBM Notes
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- Siemens NX for Manufacturing
- SolidWorks Enterprise PDM
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software