Will “Manufacturing Director” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Design, integrate, or improve manufacturing systems or related processes. May work with commercial or industrial designers to refine product designs to increase producibility and decrease costs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-2199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Manufacturing Engineers”.
Also Known As…
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Process Engineer
- Plant Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Facility Engineer
- Process Manufacturing Engineer
- Methods Engineer
- Manufacturing Systems Engineer
- Manufacturing Process Engineer
- Manufacturing Director
- Manufacturing Applications Engineer
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer
- Foundry Process Engineer
- Engineer, Process
- Engineer, Methods
- Engineer, Foundry Process
- Continuous Improvement Manager
- Automation Engineer
- Applications Engineer, Manufacturing
Tasks for “Manufacturing Director”
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Supervise technicians, technologists, analysts, administrative staff, or other engineers.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, participate in educational programs, attend meetings, attend workshops, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in the manufacturing field.
- Design layout of equipment or workspaces to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Train production personnel in new or existing methods.
- Prepare reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Evaluate manufactured products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Redesign packaging for manufactured products to minimize raw material use or waste.
- Design, install, or troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Evaluate current or proposed manufacturing processes or practices for environmental sustainability, considering factors such as greenhouse gas emissions, air pollution, water pollution, energy use, or waste creation.
- Purchase equipment, materials, or parts.
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- Analyze the financial impacts of sustainable manufacturing processes or sustainable product manufacturing.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Design testing methods and test finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Develop sustainable manufacturing technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, minimize raw material use, replace toxic materials with non-toxic materials, replace non-renewable materials with renewable materials, or reduce waste.
Related Technology & Tools
- Digital micrometers
- Optical compound microscopes
- Digital calipers
- Programmable logic controller PLC software
- Laptop computers
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Scientific calculators
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- SolidWorks Enterprise PDM
- Computer numerical control CNC software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Outlook
- CNC Mastercam
- Microsoft Visio
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Computer aided manufacturing CAM software
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- Siemens NX for Manufacturing
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS
- Microsoft Office
- Product lifecycle management PLM software
- Microsoft Project
- IBM Notes
- Geometric CAMWorks
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Web browser software