Will “Engineer, Foundry Process” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Design, integrate, or improve manufacturing systems or related processes. May work with commercial or industrial designers to refine product designs to increase producibility and decrease costs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-2199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Manufacturing Engineers”.
Also Known As…
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Process Engineer
- Plant Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Manufacturing Director
- Facility Engineer
- Process Manufacturing Engineer
- Methods Engineer
- Manufacturing Systems Engineer
- Manufacturing Process Engineer
- Manufacturing Applications Engineer
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer
- Foundry Process Engineer
- Engineer, Process
- Engineer, Methods
- Continuous Improvement Manager
- Automation Engineer
- Applications Engineer, Manufacturing
Tasks for “Engineer, Foundry Process”
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Prepare reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs.
- Train production personnel in new or existing methods.
- Design testing methods and test finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, participate in educational programs, attend meetings, attend workshops, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in the manufacturing field.
- Purchase equipment, materials, or parts.
- Analyze the financial impacts of sustainable manufacturing processes or sustainable product manufacturing.
- Develop sustainable manufacturing technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, minimize raw material use, replace toxic materials with non-toxic materials, replace non-renewable materials with renewable materials, or reduce waste.
- Design, install, or troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
- Evaluate manufactured products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Evaluate current or proposed manufacturing processes or practices for environmental sustainability, considering factors such as greenhouse gas emissions, air pollution, water pollution, energy use, or waste creation.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Design layout of equipment or workspaces to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Supervise technicians, technologists, analysts, administrative staff, or other engineers.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Redesign packaging for manufactured products to minimize raw material use or waste.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laptop computers
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Programmable logic controller PLC software
- Digital micrometers
- Personal computers
- Optical compound microscopes
- Digital calipers
- Scientific calculators
- Desktop computers
- SolidWorks Enterprise PDM
- Web browser software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Visio
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Outlook
- IBM Notes
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Siemens NX for Manufacturing
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Project
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- CNC Mastercam
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- Product lifecycle management PLM software
- Computer numerical control CNC software
- Microsoft Access
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- Microsoft Office
- Geometric CAMWorks
- Computer aided manufacturing CAM software