Will “Engineer, Foundry Process” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Design, integrate, or improve manufacturing systems or related processes. May work with commercial or industrial designers to refine product designs to increase producibility and decrease costs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-2199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Manufacturing Engineers”.
Also Known As…
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Process Engineer
- Plant Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Manufacturing Director
- Facility Engineer
- Process Manufacturing Engineer
- Methods Engineer
- Manufacturing Systems Engineer
- Manufacturing Process Engineer
- Manufacturing Applications Engineer
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer
- Foundry Process Engineer
- Engineer, Process
- Engineer, Methods
- Continuous Improvement Manager
- Automation Engineer
- Applications Engineer, Manufacturing
Tasks for “Engineer, Foundry Process”
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Evaluate manufactured products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Design, install, or troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
- Design testing methods and test finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Design layout of equipment or workspaces to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Analyze the financial impacts of sustainable manufacturing processes or sustainable product manufacturing.
- Evaluate current or proposed manufacturing processes or practices for environmental sustainability, considering factors such as greenhouse gas emissions, air pollution, water pollution, energy use, or waste creation.
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Redesign packaging for manufactured products to minimize raw material use or waste.
- Supervise technicians, technologists, analysts, administrative staff, or other engineers.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, participate in educational programs, attend meetings, attend workshops, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in the manufacturing field.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Purchase equipment, materials, or parts.
- Prepare reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Develop sustainable manufacturing technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, minimize raw material use, replace toxic materials with non-toxic materials, replace non-renewable materials with renewable materials, or reduce waste.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Train production personnel in new or existing methods.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Laptop computers
- Optical compound microscopes
- Desktop computers
- Digital calipers
- Programmable logic controller PLC software
- Personal computers
- Digital micrometers
- Scientific calculators
- Product lifecycle management PLM software
- Microsoft Access
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS
- IBM Notes
- Web browser software
- CNC Mastercam
- SolidWorks Enterprise PDM
- Computer numerical control CNC software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Project
- Computer aided manufacturing CAM software
- Microsoft Office
- Geometric CAMWorks
- Siemens NX for Manufacturing