Will “Lean Manufacturing Engineer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Design, integrate, or improve manufacturing systems or related processes. May work with commercial or industrial designers to refine product designs to increase producibility and decrease costs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-2199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Manufacturing Engineers”.
Also Known As…
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Process Engineer
- Plant Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Manufacturing Director
- Facility Engineer
- Process Manufacturing Engineer
- Methods Engineer
- Manufacturing Systems Engineer
- Manufacturing Process Engineer
- Manufacturing Applications Engineer
- Foundry Process Engineer
- Engineer, Process
- Engineer, Methods
- Engineer, Foundry Process
- Continuous Improvement Manager
- Automation Engineer
- Applications Engineer, Manufacturing
Tasks for “Lean Manufacturing Engineer”
- Design, install, or troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Design testing methods and test finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes.
- Evaluate manufactured products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Purchase equipment, materials, or parts.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Supervise technicians, technologists, analysts, administrative staff, or other engineers.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Train production personnel in new or existing methods.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- Redesign packaging for manufactured products to minimize raw material use or waste.
- Evaluate current or proposed manufacturing processes or practices for environmental sustainability, considering factors such as greenhouse gas emissions, air pollution, water pollution, energy use, or waste creation.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, participate in educational programs, attend meetings, attend workshops, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in the manufacturing field.
- Analyze the financial impacts of sustainable manufacturing processes or sustainable product manufacturing.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Prepare reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance.
- Develop sustainable manufacturing technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, minimize raw material use, replace toxic materials with non-toxic materials, replace non-renewable materials with renewable materials, or reduce waste.
- Design layout of equipment or workspaces to achieve maximum efficiency.
Related Technology & Tools
- Optical compound microscopes
- Scientific calculators
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Digital calipers
- Laptop computers
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Digital micrometers
- Programmable logic controller PLC software
- Microsoft Access
- CNC Mastercam
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Excel
- Geometric CAMWorks
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Computer numerical control CNC software
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- SolidWorks Enterprise PDM
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- Siemens NX for Manufacturing
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Office
- IBM Notes
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Visio
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS
- Product lifecycle management PLM software
- Computer aided manufacturing CAM software
- PTC Creo Parametric