Will “Lean Manufacturing Engineer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Design, integrate, or improve manufacturing systems or related processes. May work with commercial or industrial designers to refine product designs to increase producibility and decrease costs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-2199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Manufacturing Engineers”.
Also Known As…
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Process Engineer
- Plant Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Manufacturing Director
- Facility Engineer
- Process Manufacturing Engineer
- Methods Engineer
- Manufacturing Systems Engineer
- Manufacturing Process Engineer
- Manufacturing Applications Engineer
- Foundry Process Engineer
- Engineer, Process
- Engineer, Methods
- Engineer, Foundry Process
- Continuous Improvement Manager
- Automation Engineer
- Applications Engineer, Manufacturing
Tasks for “Lean Manufacturing Engineer”
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Analyze the financial impacts of sustainable manufacturing processes or sustainable product manufacturing.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Purchase equipment, materials, or parts.
- Design testing methods and test finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
- Design, install, or troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Redesign packaging for manufactured products to minimize raw material use or waste.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Train production personnel in new or existing methods.
- Supervise technicians, technologists, analysts, administrative staff, or other engineers.
- Prepare reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, participate in educational programs, attend meetings, attend workshops, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in the manufacturing field.
- Develop sustainable manufacturing technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, minimize raw material use, replace toxic materials with non-toxic materials, replace non-renewable materials with renewable materials, or reduce waste.
- Evaluate current or proposed manufacturing processes or practices for environmental sustainability, considering factors such as greenhouse gas emissions, air pollution, water pollution, energy use, or waste creation.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs.
- Design layout of equipment or workspaces to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Evaluate manufactured products according to specifications and quality standards.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Scientific calculators
- Personal computers
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Digital calipers
- Laptop computers
- Optical compound microscopes
- Digital micrometers
- Programmable logic controller PLC software
- SolidWorks Enterprise PDM
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS
- Computer numerical control CNC software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Geometric CAMWorks
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- Microsoft Excel
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Access
- IBM Notes
- Product lifecycle management PLM software
- Web browser software
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Computer aided manufacturing CAM software
- Microsoft Word
- CNC Mastercam
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Office
- Siemens NX for Manufacturing