Will “Lean Manufacturing Engineer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Design, integrate, or improve manufacturing systems or related processes. May work with commercial or industrial designers to refine product designs to increase producibility and decrease costs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-2199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Manufacturing Engineers”.
Also Known As…
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Process Engineer
- Plant Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Manufacturing Director
- Facility Engineer
- Process Manufacturing Engineer
- Methods Engineer
- Manufacturing Systems Engineer
- Manufacturing Process Engineer
- Manufacturing Applications Engineer
- Foundry Process Engineer
- Engineer, Process
- Engineer, Methods
- Engineer, Foundry Process
- Continuous Improvement Manager
- Automation Engineer
- Applications Engineer, Manufacturing
Tasks for “Lean Manufacturing Engineer”
- Estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Purchase equipment, materials, or parts.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Prepare reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, participate in educational programs, attend meetings, attend workshops, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in the manufacturing field.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Evaluate manufactured products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Analyze the financial impacts of sustainable manufacturing processes or sustainable product manufacturing.
- Develop sustainable manufacturing technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, minimize raw material use, replace toxic materials with non-toxic materials, replace non-renewable materials with renewable materials, or reduce waste.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Train production personnel in new or existing methods.
- Design layout of equipment or workspaces to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Design testing methods and test finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
- Design, install, or troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
- Supervise technicians, technologists, analysts, administrative staff, or other engineers.
- Evaluate current or proposed manufacturing processes or practices for environmental sustainability, considering factors such as greenhouse gas emissions, air pollution, water pollution, energy use, or waste creation.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Redesign packaging for manufactured products to minimize raw material use or waste.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Laptop computers
- Personal computers
- Optical compound microscopes
- Digital calipers
- Programmable logic controller PLC software
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Scientific calculators
- Digital micrometers
- Computer numerical control CNC software
- Computer aided manufacturing CAM software
- Siemens NX for Manufacturing
- Microsoft Word
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Product lifecycle management PLM software
- Web browser software
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- IBM Notes
- CNC Mastercam
- SolidWorks Enterprise PDM
- Geometric CAMWorks
- Microsoft Outlook
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- Microsoft Access