Will “Manufacturing Systems Engineer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Design, integrate, or improve manufacturing systems or related processes. May work with commercial or industrial designers to refine product designs to increase producibility and decrease costs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-2199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Manufacturing Engineers”.
Also Known As…
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Process Engineer
- Plant Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Manufacturing Director
- Facility Engineer
- Process Manufacturing Engineer
- Methods Engineer
- Manufacturing Process Engineer
- Manufacturing Applications Engineer
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer
- Foundry Process Engineer
- Engineer, Process
- Engineer, Methods
- Engineer, Foundry Process
- Continuous Improvement Manager
- Automation Engineer
- Applications Engineer, Manufacturing
Tasks for “Manufacturing Systems Engineer”
- Evaluate manufactured products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Evaluate current or proposed manufacturing processes or practices for environmental sustainability, considering factors such as greenhouse gas emissions, air pollution, water pollution, energy use, or waste creation.
- Purchase equipment, materials, or parts.
- Prepare reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Train production personnel in new or existing methods.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Design, install, or troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Redesign packaging for manufactured products to minimize raw material use or waste.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Analyze the financial impacts of sustainable manufacturing processes or sustainable product manufacturing.
- Design layout of equipment or workspaces to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes.
- Estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Design testing methods and test finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, participate in educational programs, attend meetings, attend workshops, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in the manufacturing field.
- Supervise technicians, technologists, analysts, administrative staff, or other engineers.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- Develop sustainable manufacturing technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, minimize raw material use, replace toxic materials with non-toxic materials, replace non-renewable materials with renewable materials, or reduce waste.
Related Technology & Tools
- Digital calipers
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Programmable logic controller PLC software
- Desktop computers
- Optical compound microscopes
- Scientific calculators
- Personal computers
- Laptop computers
- Digital micrometers
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Siemens NX for Manufacturing
- Microsoft Visio
- CNC Mastercam
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Web browser software
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS
- IBM Notes
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Project
- Geometric CAMWorks
- Microsoft Excel
- Computer numerical control CNC software
- SolidWorks Enterprise PDM
- Microsoft Outlook
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Computer aided manufacturing CAM software
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Microsoft Office
- Product lifecycle management PLM software