Will “Manufacturing Applications Engineer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Design, integrate, or improve manufacturing systems or related processes. May work with commercial or industrial designers to refine product designs to increase producibility and decrease costs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-2199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Manufacturing Engineers”.
Also Known As…
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Process Engineer
- Plant Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Manufacturing Director
- Facility Engineer
- Process Manufacturing Engineer
- Methods Engineer
- Manufacturing Systems Engineer
- Manufacturing Process Engineer
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer
- Foundry Process Engineer
- Engineer, Process
- Engineer, Methods
- Engineer, Foundry Process
- Continuous Improvement Manager
- Automation Engineer
- Applications Engineer, Manufacturing
Tasks for “Manufacturing Applications Engineer”
- Purchase equipment, materials, or parts.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Design, install, or troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, participate in educational programs, attend meetings, attend workshops, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in the manufacturing field.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes.
- Evaluate current or proposed manufacturing processes or practices for environmental sustainability, considering factors such as greenhouse gas emissions, air pollution, water pollution, energy use, or waste creation.
- Evaluate manufactured products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Analyze the financial impacts of sustainable manufacturing processes or sustainable product manufacturing.
- Redesign packaging for manufactured products to minimize raw material use or waste.
- Supervise technicians, technologists, analysts, administrative staff, or other engineers.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Design layout of equipment or workspaces to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Design testing methods and test finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
- Prepare reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance.
- Develop sustainable manufacturing technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, minimize raw material use, replace toxic materials with non-toxic materials, replace non-renewable materials with renewable materials, or reduce waste.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Train production personnel in new or existing methods.
- Estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs.
Related Technology & Tools
- Programmable logic controller PLC software
- Scientific calculators
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Laptop computers
- Optical compound microscopes
- Digital calipers
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Digital micrometers
- IBM Notes
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Geometric CAMWorks
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Product lifecycle management PLM software
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Project
- SolidWorks Enterprise PDM
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Computer numerical control CNC software
- Siemens NX for Manufacturing
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- CNC Mastercam
- Microsoft Access
- Computer aided manufacturing CAM software
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- PTC Creo Parametric