Will “Manufacturing Applications Engineer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Design, integrate, or improve manufacturing systems or related processes. May work with commercial or industrial designers to refine product designs to increase producibility and decrease costs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-2199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Manufacturing Engineers”.
Also Known As…
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Process Engineer
- Plant Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Manufacturing Director
- Facility Engineer
- Process Manufacturing Engineer
- Methods Engineer
- Manufacturing Systems Engineer
- Manufacturing Process Engineer
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer
- Foundry Process Engineer
- Engineer, Process
- Engineer, Methods
- Engineer, Foundry Process
- Continuous Improvement Manager
- Automation Engineer
- Applications Engineer, Manufacturing
Tasks for “Manufacturing Applications Engineer”
- Design layout of equipment or workspaces to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Redesign packaging for manufactured products to minimize raw material use or waste.
- Train production personnel in new or existing methods.
- Develop sustainable manufacturing technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, minimize raw material use, replace toxic materials with non-toxic materials, replace non-renewable materials with renewable materials, or reduce waste.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Design, install, or troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes.
- Design testing methods and test finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs.
- Evaluate manufactured products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Evaluate current or proposed manufacturing processes or practices for environmental sustainability, considering factors such as greenhouse gas emissions, air pollution, water pollution, energy use, or waste creation.
- Supervise technicians, technologists, analysts, administrative staff, or other engineers.
- Purchase equipment, materials, or parts.
- Prepare reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, participate in educational programs, attend meetings, attend workshops, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in the manufacturing field.
- Analyze the financial impacts of sustainable manufacturing processes or sustainable product manufacturing.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Digital micrometers
- Digital calipers
- Optical compound microscopes
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Personal computers
- Laptop computers
- Scientific calculators
- Programmable logic controller PLC software
- Siemens NX for Manufacturing
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- Web browser software
- Computer numerical control CNC software
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Computer aided manufacturing CAM software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- IBM Notes
- Microsoft Word
- CNC Mastercam
- Microsoft Project
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS
- Microsoft Outlook
- Geometric CAMWorks
- Product lifecycle management PLM software
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- SolidWorks Enterprise PDM
- Microsoft Visio