Will “Process Manufacturing Engineer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Design, integrate, or improve manufacturing systems or related processes. May work with commercial or industrial designers to refine product designs to increase producibility and decrease costs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-2199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Manufacturing Engineers”.
Also Known As…
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Process Engineer
- Plant Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Manufacturing Director
- Facility Engineer
- Methods Engineer
- Manufacturing Systems Engineer
- Manufacturing Process Engineer
- Manufacturing Applications Engineer
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer
- Foundry Process Engineer
- Engineer, Process
- Engineer, Methods
- Engineer, Foundry Process
- Continuous Improvement Manager
- Automation Engineer
- Applications Engineer, Manufacturing
Tasks for “Process Manufacturing Engineer”
- Design testing methods and test finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
- Evaluate manufactured products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Evaluate current or proposed manufacturing processes or practices for environmental sustainability, considering factors such as greenhouse gas emissions, air pollution, water pollution, energy use, or waste creation.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Design layout of equipment or workspaces to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Analyze the financial impacts of sustainable manufacturing processes or sustainable product manufacturing.
- Purchase equipment, materials, or parts.
- Redesign packaging for manufactured products to minimize raw material use or waste.
- Prepare reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Design, install, or troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Train production personnel in new or existing methods.
- Develop sustainable manufacturing technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, minimize raw material use, replace toxic materials with non-toxic materials, replace non-renewable materials with renewable materials, or reduce waste.
- Supervise technicians, technologists, analysts, administrative staff, or other engineers.
- Estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, participate in educational programs, attend meetings, attend workshops, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in the manufacturing field.
Related Technology & Tools
- Scientific calculators
- Digital calipers
- Desktop computers
- Digital micrometers
- Personal computers
- Laptop computers
- Optical compound microscopes
- Programmable logic controller PLC software
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Microsoft Project
- Computer aided manufacturing CAM software
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- IBM Notes
- CNC Mastercam
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- Microsoft Outlook
- Siemens NX for Manufacturing
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Word
- SolidWorks Enterprise PDM
- Microsoft Excel
- Geometric CAMWorks
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS
- Microsoft Visio
- Computer numerical control CNC software
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser software
- Product lifecycle management PLM software
- Microsoft Visual Basic