Will “Process Manufacturing Engineer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Design, integrate, or improve manufacturing systems or related processes. May work with commercial or industrial designers to refine product designs to increase producibility and decrease costs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-2199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Manufacturing Engineers”.
Also Known As…
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Process Engineer
- Plant Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Manufacturing Director
- Facility Engineer
- Methods Engineer
- Manufacturing Systems Engineer
- Manufacturing Process Engineer
- Manufacturing Applications Engineer
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer
- Foundry Process Engineer
- Engineer, Process
- Engineer, Methods
- Engineer, Foundry Process
- Continuous Improvement Manager
- Automation Engineer
- Applications Engineer, Manufacturing
Tasks for “Process Manufacturing Engineer”
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes.
- Evaluate current or proposed manufacturing processes or practices for environmental sustainability, considering factors such as greenhouse gas emissions, air pollution, water pollution, energy use, or waste creation.
- Train production personnel in new or existing methods.
- Evaluate manufactured products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Develop sustainable manufacturing technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, minimize raw material use, replace toxic materials with non-toxic materials, replace non-renewable materials with renewable materials, or reduce waste.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- Design layout of equipment or workspaces to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Design, install, or troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
- Design testing methods and test finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, participate in educational programs, attend meetings, attend workshops, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in the manufacturing field.
- Purchase equipment, materials, or parts.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Analyze the financial impacts of sustainable manufacturing processes or sustainable product manufacturing.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Redesign packaging for manufactured products to minimize raw material use or waste.
- Supervise technicians, technologists, analysts, administrative staff, or other engineers.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs.
- Prepare reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Desktop computers
- Digital calipers
- Personal computers
- Digital micrometers
- Laptop computers
- Scientific calculators
- Optical compound microscopes
- Programmable logic controller PLC software
- SolidWorks Enterprise PDM
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser software
- CNC Mastercam
- Microsoft Excel
- IBM Notes
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Microsoft Access
- Product lifecycle management PLM software
- Microsoft Word
- Geometric CAMWorks
- Microsoft Visio
- Computer aided manufacturing CAM software
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- Siemens NX for Manufacturing
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Project
- Computer numerical control CNC software
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS
- Microsoft PowerPoint