Will “Manufacturing Engineering Manager” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Design, integrate, or improve manufacturing systems or related processes. May work with commercial or industrial designers to refine product designs to increase producibility and decrease costs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-2199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Manufacturing Engineers”.
Also Known As…
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Process Engineer
- Plant Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Manufacturing Director
- Facility Engineer
- Process Manufacturing Engineer
- Methods Engineer
- Manufacturing Systems Engineer
- Manufacturing Process Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing Applications Engineer
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer
- Foundry Process Engineer
- Engineer, Process
- Engineer, Methods
- Engineer, Foundry Process
- Continuous Improvement Manager
- Automation Engineer
- Applications Engineer, Manufacturing
Tasks for “Manufacturing Engineering Manager”
- Train production personnel in new or existing methods.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Evaluate current or proposed manufacturing processes or practices for environmental sustainability, considering factors such as greenhouse gas emissions, air pollution, water pollution, energy use, or waste creation.
- Estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs.
- Purchase equipment, materials, or parts.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Supervise technicians, technologists, analysts, administrative staff, or other engineers.
- Prepare reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance.
- Design testing methods and test finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
- Design, install, or troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, participate in educational programs, attend meetings, attend workshops, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in the manufacturing field.
- Evaluate manufactured products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- Analyze the financial impacts of sustainable manufacturing processes or sustainable product manufacturing.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes.
- Develop sustainable manufacturing technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, minimize raw material use, replace toxic materials with non-toxic materials, replace non-renewable materials with renewable materials, or reduce waste.
- Redesign packaging for manufactured products to minimize raw material use or waste.
- Design layout of equipment or workspaces to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
Related Technology & Tools
- Personal computers
- Digital calipers
- Optical compound microscopes
- Desktop computers
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Digital micrometers
- Laptop computers
- Programmable logic controller PLC software
- Scientific calculators
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- Web browser software
- IBM Notes
- Computer aided manufacturing CAM software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Microsoft Outlook
- SolidWorks Enterprise PDM
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Product lifecycle management PLM software
- Computer numerical control CNC software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Microsoft Office
- Geometric CAMWorks
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Access
- Siemens NX for Manufacturing
- Microsoft Excel
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- Microsoft Word
- CNC Mastercam
- Microsoft Project