Will “Manufacturing Engineering Manager” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Design, integrate, or improve manufacturing systems or related processes. May work with commercial or industrial designers to refine product designs to increase producibility and decrease costs.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 17-2199.04
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Manufacturing Engineers”.
Also Known As…
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Process Engineer
- Plant Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Manufacturing Director
- Facility Engineer
- Process Manufacturing Engineer
- Methods Engineer
- Manufacturing Systems Engineer
- Manufacturing Process Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Manufacturing Applications Engineer
- Lean Manufacturing Engineer
- Foundry Process Engineer
- Engineer, Process
- Engineer, Methods
- Engineer, Foundry Process
- Continuous Improvement Manager
- Automation Engineer
- Applications Engineer, Manufacturing
Tasks for “Manufacturing Engineering Manager”
- Develop sustainable manufacturing technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, minimize raw material use, replace toxic materials with non-toxic materials, replace non-renewable materials with renewable materials, or reduce waste.
- Design layout of equipment or workspaces to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Evaluate current or proposed manufacturing processes or practices for environmental sustainability, considering factors such as greenhouse gas emissions, air pollution, water pollution, energy use, or waste creation.
- Redesign packaging for manufactured products to minimize raw material use or waste.
- Train production personnel in new or existing methods.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, participate in educational programs, attend meetings, attend workshops, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in the manufacturing field.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes.
- Evaluate manufactured products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Purchase equipment, materials, or parts.
- Supervise technicians, technologists, analysts, administrative staff, or other engineers.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Design, install, or troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
- Design testing methods and test finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Analyze the financial impacts of sustainable manufacturing processes or sustainable product manufacturing.
- Prepare reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
Related Technology & Tools
- Scientific calculators
- Digital calipers
- Digital micrometers
- Optical compound microscopes
- Desktop computers
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Programmable logic controller PLC software
- Personal computers
- Laptop computers
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- Microsoft Office
- SolidWorks Enterprise PDM
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Siemens NX for Manufacturing
- Geometric CAMWorks
- Dassault Systems SOLIDWORKS
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- CNC Mastercam
- Computer aided manufacturing CAM software
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Project
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Word
- Dassault Systemes CATIA
- Product lifecycle management PLM software
- IBM Notes
- PTC Creo Parametric
- Microsoft Visio
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Computer numerical control CNC software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel