Will “Hotel Guest Service Agent” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
0 % Chance of Automation
“Hotel Guest Service Agent” will never be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #211 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Assist patrons at hotel, apartment, or office building with personal services. May take messages, arrange or give advice on transportation, business services or entertainment, or monitor guest requests for housekeeping and maintenance.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 39-6012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 31,440.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 15.00
- Currently, there are 32,020 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Concierges”.
Also Known As…
- Lobby Concierge
- Hotel Concierge
- Guest Service Supervisor
- Guest Service Agent
- Conference Concierge
- Club Concierge
- Chief Concierge
- Chef Concierge
- Activities Concierge
- Personal Assistant
- NCA Certified Concierge
- Hotel Lobby Concierge
- Hospitality Aide
- Head Concierge
- Chief Lifestyle Officer
- Chief Concierge (Head Concierge)
- Chef Concierge/Director of Guest Relations
Tasks for “Hotel Guest Service Agent”
- Provide business services for guests, such as sending or receiving faxes or shipping packages.
- Arrange for the replacement of items lost by travelers.
- Receive, store, or deliver luggage or mail.
- Make reservations for patrons, such as for dinner, spa treatments, or golf tee times, and obtain tickets to special events.
- Arrange for interpreters or translators when patrons require such services.
- Carry out unusual requests, such as searching for hard-to-find items or arranging for exotic services, such as hot-air balloon rides.
- Perform office duties on a temporary basis when needed.
- Make travel arrangements for sightseeing or other tours.
- Provide information about local features, such as shopping, dining, nightlife, or recreational destinations.
- Plan special events, parties, or meetings, which may include booking musicians or celebrities.
- Provide directions to guests.
- Arrange childcare services for guests.
- Provide food and beverage services to guests.
- Pick up and deliver items or run errands for guests.
- Clean and tidy hotel lounge.
Related Technology & Tools
- Smart phones
- Laptop computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Desktop computers
- Copy machines
- Multiline telephone systems
- Mobile radios
- Tablet computers
- Computer laser printers
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Budgeting software
- Delphi Technology
- Work scheduling software
- Mapping software
- Microsoft Publisher
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Outlook
- Data entry software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Billing software