Will “Hotel Concierge” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
0 % Chance of Automation
“Hotel Concierge” will never be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #211 out of #702. A higher ranking (i.e., a lower number) means the job is less likely to be replaced.
Assist patrons at hotel, apartment, or office building with personal services. May take messages, arrange or give advice on transportation, business services or entertainment, or monitor guest requests for housekeeping and maintenance.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 39-6012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 31,440.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 15.00
- Currently, there are 32,020 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Concierges”.
Also Known As…
- Lobby Concierge
- Guest Service Supervisor
- Guest Service Agent
- Conference Concierge
- Club Concierge
- Chief Concierge
- Chef Concierge
- Activities Concierge
- Personal Assistant
- NCA Certified Concierge
- Hotel Lobby Concierge
- Hotel Guest Service Agent
- Hotel Concierge
- Hospitality Aide
- Head Concierge
- Chief Lifestyle Officer
- Chief Concierge (Head Concierge)
- Chef Concierge/Director of Guest Relations
Tasks for “Hotel Concierge”
- Arrange for interpreters or translators when patrons require such services.
- Arrange for the replacement of items lost by travelers.
- Provide information about local features, such as shopping, dining, nightlife, or recreational destinations.
- Provide directions to guests.
- Plan special events, parties, or meetings, which may include booking musicians or celebrities.
- Pick up and deliver items or run errands for guests.
- Provide business services for guests, such as sending or receiving faxes or shipping packages.
- Perform office duties on a temporary basis when needed.
- Clean and tidy hotel lounge.
- Receive, store, or deliver luggage or mail.
- Carry out unusual requests, such as searching for hard-to-find items or arranging for exotic services, such as hot-air balloon rides.
- Make travel arrangements for sightseeing or other tours.
- Arrange childcare services for guests.
- Provide food and beverage services to guests.
- Make reservations for patrons, such as for dinner, spa treatments, or golf tee times, and obtain tickets to special events.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laser facsimile machines
- Multiline telephone systems
- Copy machines
- Mobile radios
- Desktop computers
- Laptop computers
- Smart phones
- Tablet computers
- Computer laser printers
- Web browser software
- Mapping software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Publisher
- Billing software
- Delphi Technology
- Microsoft Excel
- Work scheduling software
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Office
- Budgeting software