Will “Hotel Concierge” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
0 % Chance of Automation
“Hotel Concierge” will never be replaced by robots.
This job is ranked #211 out of #702, where higher means less likely to be replaced.
Assist patrons at hotel, apartment, or office building with personal services. May take messages, arrange or give advice on transportation, business services or entertainment, or monitor guest requests for housekeeping and maintenance.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 39-6012.00
- The Mean Annual Wage in the U.S. is $ 31,440.00
- The Mean Hourly Wage is $ 15.00
- Currently, there are 32,020 people on this job
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Concierges”.
Also Known As…
- Lobby Concierge
- Guest Service Supervisor
- Guest Service Agent
- Conference Concierge
- Club Concierge
- Chief Concierge
- Chef Concierge
- Activities Concierge
- Personal Assistant
- NCA Certified Concierge
- Hotel Lobby Concierge
- Hotel Guest Service Agent
- Hotel Concierge
- Hospitality Aide
- Head Concierge
- Chief Lifestyle Officer
- Chief Concierge (Head Concierge)
- Chef Concierge/Director of Guest Relations
Tasks for “Hotel Concierge”
- Clean and tidy hotel lounge.
- Provide business services for guests, such as sending or receiving faxes or shipping packages.
- Receive, store, or deliver luggage or mail.
- Provide food and beverage services to guests.
- Make travel arrangements for sightseeing or other tours.
- Provide directions to guests.
- Make reservations for patrons, such as for dinner, spa treatments, or golf tee times, and obtain tickets to special events.
- Arrange for the replacement of items lost by travelers.
- Provide information about local features, such as shopping, dining, nightlife, or recreational destinations.
- Plan special events, parties, or meetings, which may include booking musicians or celebrities.
- Perform office duties on a temporary basis when needed.
- Pick up and deliver items or run errands for guests.
- Arrange childcare services for guests.
- Carry out unusual requests, such as searching for hard-to-find items or arranging for exotic services, such as hot-air balloon rides.
- Arrange for interpreters or translators when patrons require such services.
Related Technology & Tools
- Smart phones
- Laptop computers
- Desktop computers
- Multiline telephone systems
- Copy machines
- Tablet computers
- Laser facsimile machines
- Mobile radios
- Computer laser printers
- Microsoft Outlook
- Billing software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Publisher
- Work scheduling software
- Budgeting software
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser software
- Data entry software
- Mapping software
- Delphi Technology
- Microsoft Excel