Will “Border Patrol Agent” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Investigate and inspect persons, common carriers, goods, and merchandise, arriving in or departing from the United States or between states to detect violations of immigration and customs laws and regulations.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-3021.05
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Immigration and Customs Inspectors”.
Also Known As…
- Immigration and Customs Inspectors
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer (US CBPO)
- Supervisory CBP Officer
- Special Agent
- Import Specialist
- Customs Port Director
- Customs Officer
- Customs Inspector
- Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO)
- Canine Enforcement Officer (K-9 Enforcement Officer)
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer CBPO
- US Customs and Border Officer
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer, Port Director
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Supervisor/Port Director
- Senior Patrol Agent
- Senior Officer
- Senior Inspector
- Senior Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Patrol Inspector
- Law Enforcement-Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Immigration Inspector
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement Special Agent (ICE Special Agent)
- Duty Officer
- Drug Inspector
- Drug Enforcement Agent
- Deportation Officer
- Customs Opener-Verifier-Packer
- Customs Import Specialist
- Customs and Immigration Officer
- Customs and Border Protection Supervisor
- Customs and Border Protection Inspector (CBPI)
- Chief, Port Director
- Border Patrol Officer
- Agriculture Specialist
Tasks for “Border Patrol Agent”
- Locate and seize contraband, undeclared merchandise, and vehicles, aircraft, or boats that contain such merchandise.
- Detain persons found to be in violation of customs or immigration laws and arrange for legal action, such as deportation.
- Collect samples of merchandise for examination, appraisal, or testing.
- Investigate applications for duty refunds and petition for remission or mitigation of penalties when warranted.
- Examine immigration applications, visas, and passports and interview persons to determine eligibility for admission, residence, and travel in the U.S.
- Institute civil and criminal prosecutions and cooperate with other law enforcement agencies in the investigation and prosecution of those in violation of immigration or customs laws.
- Inspect cargo, baggage, and personal articles entering or leaving U.S. for compliance with revenue laws and U.S. customs regulations.
- Determine duty and taxes to be paid on goods.
- Testify regarding decisions at immigration appeals or in federal court.
- Interpret and explain laws and regulations to travelers, prospective immigrants, shippers, and manufacturers.
- Record and report job-related activities, findings, transactions, violations, discrepancies, and decisions.
Related Technology & Tools
- Police shotguns
- Security inspection mirrors
- Gamma ray spectrometers
- Tire deflation devices
- Vehicle and Cargo Inspection System VACIS
- Desktop computers
- Laptop computers
- X ray inspection equipment
- Two way radios
- Plastic handcuffs
- Service revolvers
- Identification card scanners
- Fingerprint scanners
- Metal handcuffs
- Radiation portal monitors RPM
- Radiation isotope identifier devices RIID
- Radioisotope detection devices
- Ion mobility spectrometers
- Personal computers
- Personal radiation detectors PRD
- Radiation portal monitor terminals
- Side-handle batons
- Measurement calipers
- Mobile truck X ray units
- Hazardous material detectors
- Compound light microscopes
- Pepper spray
- Mobile data computers
- Barcode scanners
- Digital video cameras
- Microsoft Word
- Treasury Enforcement Communications System TECS
- National Crime Information Center NCIC database
- Law enforcement information databases
- Microsoft Office
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Outlook
- Automated Manifest System AMS
- Microsoft Excel