Will “Border Patrol Agent” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Investigate and inspect persons, common carriers, goods, and merchandise, arriving in or departing from the United States or between states to detect violations of immigration and customs laws and regulations.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-3021.05
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Immigration and Customs Inspectors”.
Also Known As…
- Immigration and Customs Inspectors
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer (US CBPO)
- Supervisory CBP Officer
- Special Agent
- Import Specialist
- Customs Port Director
- Customs Officer
- Customs Inspector
- Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO)
- Canine Enforcement Officer (K-9 Enforcement Officer)
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer CBPO
- US Customs and Border Officer
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer, Port Director
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Supervisor/Port Director
- Senior Patrol Agent
- Senior Officer
- Senior Inspector
- Senior Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Patrol Inspector
- Law Enforcement-Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Immigration Inspector
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement Special Agent (ICE Special Agent)
- Duty Officer
- Drug Inspector
- Drug Enforcement Agent
- Deportation Officer
- Customs Opener-Verifier-Packer
- Customs Import Specialist
- Customs and Immigration Officer
- Customs and Border Protection Supervisor
- Customs and Border Protection Inspector (CBPI)
- Chief, Port Director
- Border Patrol Officer
- Agriculture Specialist
Tasks for “Border Patrol Agent”
- Investigate applications for duty refunds and petition for remission or mitigation of penalties when warranted.
- Examine immigration applications, visas, and passports and interview persons to determine eligibility for admission, residence, and travel in the U.S.
- Testify regarding decisions at immigration appeals or in federal court.
- Inspect cargo, baggage, and personal articles entering or leaving U.S. for compliance with revenue laws and U.S. customs regulations.
- Institute civil and criminal prosecutions and cooperate with other law enforcement agencies in the investigation and prosecution of those in violation of immigration or customs laws.
- Locate and seize contraband, undeclared merchandise, and vehicles, aircraft, or boats that contain such merchandise.
- Determine duty and taxes to be paid on goods.
- Detain persons found to be in violation of customs or immigration laws and arrange for legal action, such as deportation.
- Collect samples of merchandise for examination, appraisal, or testing.
- Interpret and explain laws and regulations to travelers, prospective immigrants, shippers, and manufacturers.
- Record and report job-related activities, findings, transactions, violations, discrepancies, and decisions.
Related Technology & Tools
- Mobile data computers
- Desktop computers
- Tire deflation devices
- Ion mobility spectrometers
- Radiation isotope identifier devices RIID
- Metal handcuffs
- Fingerprint scanners
- Hazardous material detectors
- Two way radios
- Digital video cameras
- Radioisotope detection devices
- Pepper spray
- Security inspection mirrors
- Mobile truck X ray units
- Plastic handcuffs
- Side-handle batons
- Service revolvers
- Measurement calipers
- Compound light microscopes
- Personal radiation detectors PRD
- X ray inspection equipment
- Laptop computers
- Vehicle and Cargo Inspection System VACIS
- Radiation portal monitors RPM
- Personal computers
- Radiation portal monitor terminals
- Barcode scanners
- Police shotguns
- Gamma ray spectrometers
- Identification card scanners
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Automated Manifest System AMS
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Law enforcement information databases
- National Crime Information Center NCIC database
- Treasury Enforcement Communications System TECS
- Microsoft Office