Will “US Customs and Border Protection Officer CBPO” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Investigate and inspect persons, common carriers, goods, and merchandise, arriving in or departing from the United States or between states to detect violations of immigration and customs laws and regulations.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-3021.05
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Immigration and Customs Inspectors”.
Also Known As…
- Immigration and Customs Inspectors
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer (US CBPO)
- Supervisory CBP Officer
- Special Agent
- Import Specialist
- Customs Port Director
- Customs Officer
- Customs Inspector
- Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO)
- Canine Enforcement Officer (K-9 Enforcement Officer)
- US Customs and Border Officer
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer, Port Director
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Supervisor/Port Director
- Senior Patrol Agent
- Senior Officer
- Senior Inspector
- Senior Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Patrol Inspector
- Law Enforcement-Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Immigration Inspector
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement Special Agent (ICE Special Agent)
- Duty Officer
- Drug Inspector
- Drug Enforcement Agent
- Deportation Officer
- Customs Opener-Verifier-Packer
- Customs Import Specialist
- Customs and Immigration Officer
- Customs and Border Protection Supervisor
- Customs and Border Protection Inspector (CBPI)
- Chief, Port Director
- Border Patrol Officer
- Border Patrol Agent
- Agriculture Specialist
Tasks for “US Customs and Border Protection Officer CBPO”
- Locate and seize contraband, undeclared merchandise, and vehicles, aircraft, or boats that contain such merchandise.
- Collect samples of merchandise for examination, appraisal, or testing.
- Record and report job-related activities, findings, transactions, violations, discrepancies, and decisions.
- Investigate applications for duty refunds and petition for remission or mitigation of penalties when warranted.
- Detain persons found to be in violation of customs or immigration laws and arrange for legal action, such as deportation.
- Inspect cargo, baggage, and personal articles entering or leaving U.S. for compliance with revenue laws and U.S. customs regulations.
- Interpret and explain laws and regulations to travelers, prospective immigrants, shippers, and manufacturers.
- Institute civil and criminal prosecutions and cooperate with other law enforcement agencies in the investigation and prosecution of those in violation of immigration or customs laws.
- Examine immigration applications, visas, and passports and interview persons to determine eligibility for admission, residence, and travel in the U.S.
- Determine duty and taxes to be paid on goods.
- Testify regarding decisions at immigration appeals or in federal court.
Related Technology & Tools
- Plastic handcuffs
- Personal radiation detectors PRD
- Radiation isotope identifier devices RIID
- Measurement calipers
- Digital video cameras
- Side-handle batons
- Hazardous material detectors
- Desktop computers
- Radioisotope detection devices
- Laptop computers
- Personal computers
- Police shotguns
- Tire deflation devices
- Service revolvers
- Compound light microscopes
- Mobile data computers
- Radiation portal monitor terminals
- Gamma ray spectrometers
- Radiation portal monitors RPM
- Mobile truck X ray units
- Identification card scanners
- Barcode scanners
- Security inspection mirrors
- Ion mobility spectrometers
- Fingerprint scanners
- Metal handcuffs
- Vehicle and Cargo Inspection System VACIS
- Pepper spray
- X ray inspection equipment
- Two way radios
- Microsoft Excel
- Treasury Enforcement Communications System TECS
- Microsoft Outlook
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Automated Manifest System AMS
- Law enforcement information databases
- Microsoft Office
- National Crime Information Center NCIC database
- Microsoft Word