Will “US Customs and Border Officer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Investigate and inspect persons, common carriers, goods, and merchandise, arriving in or departing from the United States or between states to detect violations of immigration and customs laws and regulations.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-3021.05
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Immigration and Customs Inspectors”.
Also Known As…
- Immigration and Customs Inspectors
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer (US CBPO)
- Supervisory CBP Officer
- Special Agent
- Import Specialist
- Customs Port Director
- Customs Officer
- Customs Inspector
- Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO)
- Canine Enforcement Officer (K-9 Enforcement Officer)
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer CBPO
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer, Port Director
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Supervisor/Port Director
- Senior Patrol Agent
- Senior Officer
- Senior Inspector
- Senior Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Patrol Inspector
- Law Enforcement-Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Immigration Inspector
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement Special Agent (ICE Special Agent)
- Duty Officer
- Drug Inspector
- Drug Enforcement Agent
- Deportation Officer
- Customs Opener-Verifier-Packer
- Customs Import Specialist
- Customs and Immigration Officer
- Customs and Border Protection Supervisor
- Customs and Border Protection Inspector (CBPI)
- Chief, Port Director
- Border Patrol Officer
- Border Patrol Agent
- Agriculture Specialist
Tasks for “US Customs and Border Officer”
- Collect samples of merchandise for examination, appraisal, or testing.
- Locate and seize contraband, undeclared merchandise, and vehicles, aircraft, or boats that contain such merchandise.
- Determine duty and taxes to be paid on goods.
- Examine immigration applications, visas, and passports and interview persons to determine eligibility for admission, residence, and travel in the U.S.
- Record and report job-related activities, findings, transactions, violations, discrepancies, and decisions.
- Testify regarding decisions at immigration appeals or in federal court.
- Investigate applications for duty refunds and petition for remission or mitigation of penalties when warranted.
- Detain persons found to be in violation of customs or immigration laws and arrange for legal action, such as deportation.
- Interpret and explain laws and regulations to travelers, prospective immigrants, shippers, and manufacturers.
- Inspect cargo, baggage, and personal articles entering or leaving U.S. for compliance with revenue laws and U.S. customs regulations.
- Institute civil and criminal prosecutions and cooperate with other law enforcement agencies in the investigation and prosecution of those in violation of immigration or customs laws.
Related Technology & Tools
- Digital video cameras
- Service revolvers
- Tire deflation devices
- Radiation portal monitor terminals
- Ion mobility spectrometers
- Radiation portal monitors RPM
- Two way radios
- Metal handcuffs
- Pepper spray
- Barcode scanners
- Personal radiation detectors PRD
- Fingerprint scanners
- Plastic handcuffs
- Mobile truck X ray units
- Mobile data computers
- Compound light microscopes
- Police shotguns
- Hazardous material detectors
- X ray inspection equipment
- Radiation isotope identifier devices RIID
- Personal computers
- Laptop computers
- Vehicle and Cargo Inspection System VACIS
- Identification card scanners
- Radioisotope detection devices
- Desktop computers
- Measurement calipers
- Gamma ray spectrometers
- Security inspection mirrors
- Side-handle batons
- Law enforcement information databases
- Microsoft Office
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- National Crime Information Center NCIC database
- Treasury Enforcement Communications System TECS
- Microsoft Outlook
- Automated Manifest System AMS