Will “US Customs and Border Officer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Investigate and inspect persons, common carriers, goods, and merchandise, arriving in or departing from the United States or between states to detect violations of immigration and customs laws and regulations.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-3021.05
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Immigration and Customs Inspectors”.
Also Known As…
- Immigration and Customs Inspectors
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer (US CBPO)
- Supervisory CBP Officer
- Special Agent
- Import Specialist
- Customs Port Director
- Customs Officer
- Customs Inspector
- Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO)
- Canine Enforcement Officer (K-9 Enforcement Officer)
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer CBPO
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer, Port Director
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Supervisor/Port Director
- Senior Patrol Agent
- Senior Officer
- Senior Inspector
- Senior Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Patrol Inspector
- Law Enforcement-Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Immigration Inspector
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement Special Agent (ICE Special Agent)
- Duty Officer
- Drug Inspector
- Drug Enforcement Agent
- Deportation Officer
- Customs Opener-Verifier-Packer
- Customs Import Specialist
- Customs and Immigration Officer
- Customs and Border Protection Supervisor
- Customs and Border Protection Inspector (CBPI)
- Chief, Port Director
- Border Patrol Officer
- Border Patrol Agent
- Agriculture Specialist
Tasks for “US Customs and Border Officer”
- Testify regarding decisions at immigration appeals or in federal court.
- Locate and seize contraband, undeclared merchandise, and vehicles, aircraft, or boats that contain such merchandise.
- Interpret and explain laws and regulations to travelers, prospective immigrants, shippers, and manufacturers.
- Inspect cargo, baggage, and personal articles entering or leaving U.S. for compliance with revenue laws and U.S. customs regulations.
- Detain persons found to be in violation of customs or immigration laws and arrange for legal action, such as deportation.
- Determine duty and taxes to be paid on goods.
- Collect samples of merchandise for examination, appraisal, or testing.
- Examine immigration applications, visas, and passports and interview persons to determine eligibility for admission, residence, and travel in the U.S.
- Investigate applications for duty refunds and petition for remission or mitigation of penalties when warranted.
- Institute civil and criminal prosecutions and cooperate with other law enforcement agencies in the investigation and prosecution of those in violation of immigration or customs laws.
- Record and report job-related activities, findings, transactions, violations, discrepancies, and decisions.
Related Technology & Tools
- Hazardous material detectors
- Barcode scanners
- Police shotguns
- Identification card scanners
- Measurement calipers
- Vehicle and Cargo Inspection System VACIS
- Radioisotope detection devices
- Side-handle batons
- Tire deflation devices
- Ion mobility spectrometers
- Desktop computers
- Service revolvers
- Digital video cameras
- Two way radios
- Radiation portal monitors RPM
- Personal computers
- Laptop computers
- Radiation portal monitor terminals
- Security inspection mirrors
- Personal radiation detectors PRD
- Metal handcuffs
- Mobile truck X ray units
- Compound light microscopes
- Fingerprint scanners
- Radiation isotope identifier devices RIID
- Plastic handcuffs
- Pepper spray
- Mobile data computers
- Gamma ray spectrometers
- X ray inspection equipment
- Automated Manifest System AMS
- Law enforcement information databases
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Treasury Enforcement Communications System TECS
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- National Crime Information Center NCIC database
- Microsoft Excel