Will “Senior Officer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Investigate and inspect persons, common carriers, goods, and merchandise, arriving in or departing from the United States or between states to detect violations of immigration and customs laws and regulations.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-3021.05
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Immigration and Customs Inspectors”.
Also Known As…
- Immigration and Customs Inspectors
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer (US CBPO)
- Supervisory CBP Officer
- Special Agent
- Import Specialist
- Customs Port Director
- Customs Officer
- Customs Inspector
- Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO)
- Canine Enforcement Officer (K-9 Enforcement Officer)
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer CBPO
- US Customs and Border Officer
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer, Port Director
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Supervisor/Port Director
- Senior Patrol Agent
- Senior Inspector
- Senior Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Patrol Inspector
- Law Enforcement-Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Immigration Inspector
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement Special Agent (ICE Special Agent)
- Duty Officer
- Drug Inspector
- Drug Enforcement Agent
- Deportation Officer
- Customs Opener-Verifier-Packer
- Customs Import Specialist
- Customs and Immigration Officer
- Customs and Border Protection Supervisor
- Customs and Border Protection Inspector (CBPI)
- Chief, Port Director
- Border Patrol Officer
- Border Patrol Agent
- Agriculture Specialist
Tasks for “Senior Officer”
- Record and report job-related activities, findings, transactions, violations, discrepancies, and decisions.
- Investigate applications for duty refunds and petition for remission or mitigation of penalties when warranted.
- Collect samples of merchandise for examination, appraisal, or testing.
- Examine immigration applications, visas, and passports and interview persons to determine eligibility for admission, residence, and travel in the U.S.
- Inspect cargo, baggage, and personal articles entering or leaving U.S. for compliance with revenue laws and U.S. customs regulations.
- Locate and seize contraband, undeclared merchandise, and vehicles, aircraft, or boats that contain such merchandise.
- Testify regarding decisions at immigration appeals or in federal court.
- Detain persons found to be in violation of customs or immigration laws and arrange for legal action, such as deportation.
- Institute civil and criminal prosecutions and cooperate with other law enforcement agencies in the investigation and prosecution of those in violation of immigration or customs laws.
- Interpret and explain laws and regulations to travelers, prospective immigrants, shippers, and manufacturers.
- Determine duty and taxes to be paid on goods.
Related Technology & Tools
- Mobile truck X ray units
- Two way radios
- Laptop computers
- Mobile data computers
- Vehicle and Cargo Inspection System VACIS
- Digital video cameras
- Measurement calipers
- Security inspection mirrors
- Side-handle batons
- Personal computers
- Metal handcuffs
- Radiation portal monitors RPM
- Personal radiation detectors PRD
- Police shotguns
- Desktop computers
- Fingerprint scanners
- Plastic handcuffs
- Hazardous material detectors
- Service revolvers
- Radiation portal monitor terminals
- Barcode scanners
- Radiation isotope identifier devices RIID
- Tire deflation devices
- Ion mobility spectrometers
- Radioisotope detection devices
- Gamma ray spectrometers
- Compound light microscopes
- Pepper spray
- Identification card scanners
- X ray inspection equipment
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Treasury Enforcement Communications System TECS
- National Crime Information Center NCIC database
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Automated Manifest System AMS
- Law enforcement information databases
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite