Will “Border Patrol Officer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Investigate and inspect persons, common carriers, goods, and merchandise, arriving in or departing from the United States or between states to detect violations of immigration and customs laws and regulations.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-3021.05
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Immigration and Customs Inspectors”.
Also Known As…
- Immigration and Customs Inspectors
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer (US CBPO)
- Supervisory CBP Officer
- Special Agent
- Import Specialist
- Customs Port Director
- Customs Officer
- Customs Inspector
- Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO)
- Canine Enforcement Officer (K-9 Enforcement Officer)
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer CBPO
- US Customs and Border Officer
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer, Port Director
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Supervisor/Port Director
- Senior Patrol Agent
- Senior Officer
- Senior Inspector
- Senior Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Patrol Inspector
- Law Enforcement-Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Immigration Inspector
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement Special Agent (ICE Special Agent)
- Duty Officer
- Drug Inspector
- Drug Enforcement Agent
- Deportation Officer
- Customs Opener-Verifier-Packer
- Customs Import Specialist
- Customs and Immigration Officer
- Customs and Border Protection Supervisor
- Customs and Border Protection Inspector (CBPI)
- Chief, Port Director
- Border Patrol Agent
- Agriculture Specialist
Tasks for “Border Patrol Officer”
- Testify regarding decisions at immigration appeals or in federal court.
- Examine immigration applications, visas, and passports and interview persons to determine eligibility for admission, residence, and travel in the U.S.
- Investigate applications for duty refunds and petition for remission or mitigation of penalties when warranted.
- Institute civil and criminal prosecutions and cooperate with other law enforcement agencies in the investigation and prosecution of those in violation of immigration or customs laws.
- Interpret and explain laws and regulations to travelers, prospective immigrants, shippers, and manufacturers.
- Inspect cargo, baggage, and personal articles entering or leaving U.S. for compliance with revenue laws and U.S. customs regulations.
- Detain persons found to be in violation of customs or immigration laws and arrange for legal action, such as deportation.
- Collect samples of merchandise for examination, appraisal, or testing.
- Locate and seize contraband, undeclared merchandise, and vehicles, aircraft, or boats that contain such merchandise.
- Determine duty and taxes to be paid on goods.
- Record and report job-related activities, findings, transactions, violations, discrepancies, and decisions.
Related Technology & Tools
- Radioisotope detection devices
- Metal handcuffs
- Identification card scanners
- Two way radios
- Gamma ray spectrometers
- Compound light microscopes
- Vehicle and Cargo Inspection System VACIS
- Fingerprint scanners
- Radiation isotope identifier devices RIID
- Hazardous material detectors
- Mobile truck X ray units
- Side-handle batons
- Plastic handcuffs
- Laptop computers
- Police shotguns
- Mobile data computers
- Desktop computers
- Security inspection mirrors
- Service revolvers
- Digital video cameras
- Ion mobility spectrometers
- Radiation portal monitor terminals
- Measurement calipers
- Radiation portal monitors RPM
- Personal radiation detectors PRD
- Pepper spray
- Personal computers
- Tire deflation devices
- X ray inspection equipment
- Barcode scanners
- Microsoft Office
- Treasury Enforcement Communications System TECS
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Automated Manifest System AMS
- Microsoft Word
- National Crime Information Center NCIC database
- Microsoft Excel
- Law enforcement information databases
- Microsoft Outlook