Will “Drug Inspector” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Investigate and inspect persons, common carriers, goods, and merchandise, arriving in or departing from the United States or between states to detect violations of immigration and customs laws and regulations.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-3021.05
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Immigration and Customs Inspectors”.
Also Known As…
- Immigration and Customs Inspectors
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer (US CBPO)
- Supervisory CBP Officer
- Special Agent
- Import Specialist
- Customs Port Director
- Customs Officer
- Customs Inspector
- Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO)
- Canine Enforcement Officer (K-9 Enforcement Officer)
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer CBPO
- US Customs and Border Officer
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer, Port Director
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Supervisor/Port Director
- Senior Patrol Agent
- Senior Officer
- Senior Inspector
- Senior Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Patrol Inspector
- Law Enforcement-Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Immigration Inspector
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement Special Agent (ICE Special Agent)
- Duty Officer
- Drug Enforcement Agent
- Deportation Officer
- Customs Opener-Verifier-Packer
- Customs Import Specialist
- Customs and Immigration Officer
- Customs and Border Protection Supervisor
- Customs and Border Protection Inspector (CBPI)
- Chief, Port Director
- Border Patrol Officer
- Border Patrol Agent
- Agriculture Specialist
Tasks for “Drug Inspector”
- Inspect cargo, baggage, and personal articles entering or leaving U.S. for compliance with revenue laws and U.S. customs regulations.
- Determine duty and taxes to be paid on goods.
- Interpret and explain laws and regulations to travelers, prospective immigrants, shippers, and manufacturers.
- Detain persons found to be in violation of customs or immigration laws and arrange for legal action, such as deportation.
- Record and report job-related activities, findings, transactions, violations, discrepancies, and decisions.
- Collect samples of merchandise for examination, appraisal, or testing.
- Locate and seize contraband, undeclared merchandise, and vehicles, aircraft, or boats that contain such merchandise.
- Institute civil and criminal prosecutions and cooperate with other law enforcement agencies in the investigation and prosecution of those in violation of immigration or customs laws.
- Examine immigration applications, visas, and passports and interview persons to determine eligibility for admission, residence, and travel in the U.S.
- Investigate applications for duty refunds and petition for remission or mitigation of penalties when warranted.
- Testify regarding decisions at immigration appeals or in federal court.
Related Technology & Tools
- Plastic handcuffs
- Security inspection mirrors
- Measurement calipers
- Laptop computers
- Fingerprint scanners
- Ion mobility spectrometers
- Mobile truck X ray units
- Radiation isotope identifier devices RIID
- Vehicle and Cargo Inspection System VACIS
- Mobile data computers
- Pepper spray
- Side-handle batons
- Police shotguns
- Personal computers
- Metal handcuffs
- Desktop computers
- Hazardous material detectors
- Digital video cameras
- Barcode scanners
- Two way radios
- Radiation portal monitor terminals
- Tire deflation devices
- Identification card scanners
- Service revolvers
- Compound light microscopes
- Radiation portal monitors RPM
- Personal radiation detectors PRD
- X ray inspection equipment
- Gamma ray spectrometers
- Radioisotope detection devices
- Automated Manifest System AMS
- Treasury Enforcement Communications System TECS
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Word
- National Crime Information Center NCIC database
- Law enforcement information databases
- Microsoft Outlook