Will “Drug Inspector” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Investigate and inspect persons, common carriers, goods, and merchandise, arriving in or departing from the United States or between states to detect violations of immigration and customs laws and regulations.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-3021.05
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Immigration and Customs Inspectors”.
Also Known As…
- Immigration and Customs Inspectors
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer (US CBPO)
- Supervisory CBP Officer
- Special Agent
- Import Specialist
- Customs Port Director
- Customs Officer
- Customs Inspector
- Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO)
- Canine Enforcement Officer (K-9 Enforcement Officer)
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer CBPO
- US Customs and Border Officer
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer, Port Director
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Supervisor/Port Director
- Senior Patrol Agent
- Senior Officer
- Senior Inspector
- Senior Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Patrol Inspector
- Law Enforcement-Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Immigration Inspector
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement Special Agent (ICE Special Agent)
- Duty Officer
- Drug Enforcement Agent
- Deportation Officer
- Customs Opener-Verifier-Packer
- Customs Import Specialist
- Customs and Immigration Officer
- Customs and Border Protection Supervisor
- Customs and Border Protection Inspector (CBPI)
- Chief, Port Director
- Border Patrol Officer
- Border Patrol Agent
- Agriculture Specialist
Tasks for “Drug Inspector”
- Collect samples of merchandise for examination, appraisal, or testing.
- Testify regarding decisions at immigration appeals or in federal court.
- Determine duty and taxes to be paid on goods.
- Record and report job-related activities, findings, transactions, violations, discrepancies, and decisions.
- Examine immigration applications, visas, and passports and interview persons to determine eligibility for admission, residence, and travel in the U.S.
- Institute civil and criminal prosecutions and cooperate with other law enforcement agencies in the investigation and prosecution of those in violation of immigration or customs laws.
- Inspect cargo, baggage, and personal articles entering or leaving U.S. for compliance with revenue laws and U.S. customs regulations.
- Interpret and explain laws and regulations to travelers, prospective immigrants, shippers, and manufacturers.
- Investigate applications for duty refunds and petition for remission or mitigation of penalties when warranted.
- Locate and seize contraband, undeclared merchandise, and vehicles, aircraft, or boats that contain such merchandise.
- Detain persons found to be in violation of customs or immigration laws and arrange for legal action, such as deportation.
Related Technology & Tools
- Compound light microscopes
- Radiation portal monitors RPM
- Tire deflation devices
- Security inspection mirrors
- Personal radiation detectors PRD
- Two way radios
- Radioisotope detection devices
- Gamma ray spectrometers
- Pepper spray
- Vehicle and Cargo Inspection System VACIS
- Barcode scanners
- Side-handle batons
- Mobile data computers
- Mobile truck X ray units
- Hazardous material detectors
- Identification card scanners
- X ray inspection equipment
- Metal handcuffs
- Measurement calipers
- Radiation portal monitor terminals
- Digital video cameras
- Laptop computers
- Ion mobility spectrometers
- Plastic handcuffs
- Police shotguns
- Radiation isotope identifier devices RIID
- Desktop computers
- Service revolvers
- Fingerprint scanners
- Personal computers
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Office
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Treasury Enforcement Communications System TECS
- Law enforcement information databases
- Microsoft Excel
- National Crime Information Center NCIC database
- Automated Manifest System AMS