Will “Deportation Officer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Investigate and inspect persons, common carriers, goods, and merchandise, arriving in or departing from the United States or between states to detect violations of immigration and customs laws and regulations.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-3021.05
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Immigration and Customs Inspectors”.
Also Known As…
- Immigration and Customs Inspectors
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer (US CBPO)
- Supervisory CBP Officer
- Special Agent
- Import Specialist
- Customs Port Director
- Customs Officer
- Customs Inspector
- Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO)
- Canine Enforcement Officer (K-9 Enforcement Officer)
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer CBPO
- US Customs and Border Officer
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer, Port Director
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Supervisor/Port Director
- Senior Patrol Agent
- Senior Officer
- Senior Inspector
- Senior Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Patrol Inspector
- Law Enforcement-Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Immigration Inspector
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement Special Agent (ICE Special Agent)
- Duty Officer
- Drug Inspector
- Drug Enforcement Agent
- Customs Opener-Verifier-Packer
- Customs Import Specialist
- Customs and Immigration Officer
- Customs and Border Protection Supervisor
- Customs and Border Protection Inspector (CBPI)
- Chief, Port Director
- Border Patrol Officer
- Border Patrol Agent
- Agriculture Specialist
Tasks for “Deportation Officer”
- Examine immigration applications, visas, and passports and interview persons to determine eligibility for admission, residence, and travel in the U.S.
- Determine duty and taxes to be paid on goods.
- Locate and seize contraband, undeclared merchandise, and vehicles, aircraft, or boats that contain such merchandise.
- Detain persons found to be in violation of customs or immigration laws and arrange for legal action, such as deportation.
- Inspect cargo, baggage, and personal articles entering or leaving U.S. for compliance with revenue laws and U.S. customs regulations.
- Testify regarding decisions at immigration appeals or in federal court.
- Institute civil and criminal prosecutions and cooperate with other law enforcement agencies in the investigation and prosecution of those in violation of immigration or customs laws.
- Collect samples of merchandise for examination, appraisal, or testing.
- Interpret and explain laws and regulations to travelers, prospective immigrants, shippers, and manufacturers.
- Investigate applications for duty refunds and petition for remission or mitigation of penalties when warranted.
- Record and report job-related activities, findings, transactions, violations, discrepancies, and decisions.
Related Technology & Tools
- Ion mobility spectrometers
- Fingerprint scanners
- Vehicle and Cargo Inspection System VACIS
- Two way radios
- Laptop computers
- Measurement calipers
- Compound light microscopes
- Barcode scanners
- Personal computers
- Personal radiation detectors PRD
- Radioisotope detection devices
- Gamma ray spectrometers
- X ray inspection equipment
- Hazardous material detectors
- Mobile data computers
- Desktop computers
- Digital video cameras
- Radiation portal monitor terminals
- Plastic handcuffs
- Police shotguns
- Service revolvers
- Radiation isotope identifier devices RIID
- Security inspection mirrors
- Pepper spray
- Tire deflation devices
- Identification card scanners
- Radiation portal monitors RPM
- Side-handle batons
- Metal handcuffs
- Mobile truck X ray units
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- National Crime Information Center NCIC database
- Law enforcement information databases
- Automated Manifest System AMS
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Treasury Enforcement Communications System TECS
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite