Will “Senior Patrol Agent” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Investigate and inspect persons, common carriers, goods, and merchandise, arriving in or departing from the United States or between states to detect violations of immigration and customs laws and regulations.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-3021.05
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Immigration and Customs Inspectors”.
Also Known As…
- Immigration and Customs Inspectors
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer (US CBPO)
- Supervisory CBP Officer
- Special Agent
- Import Specialist
- Customs Port Director
- Customs Officer
- Customs Inspector
- Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO)
- Canine Enforcement Officer (K-9 Enforcement Officer)
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer CBPO
- US Customs and Border Officer
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer, Port Director
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Supervisor/Port Director
- Senior Officer
- Senior Inspector
- Senior Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Patrol Inspector
- Law Enforcement-Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Immigration Inspector
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement Special Agent (ICE Special Agent)
- Duty Officer
- Drug Inspector
- Drug Enforcement Agent
- Deportation Officer
- Customs Opener-Verifier-Packer
- Customs Import Specialist
- Customs and Immigration Officer
- Customs and Border Protection Supervisor
- Customs and Border Protection Inspector (CBPI)
- Chief, Port Director
- Border Patrol Officer
- Border Patrol Agent
- Agriculture Specialist
Tasks for “Senior Patrol Agent”
- Investigate applications for duty refunds and petition for remission or mitigation of penalties when warranted.
- Detain persons found to be in violation of customs or immigration laws and arrange for legal action, such as deportation.
- Examine immigration applications, visas, and passports and interview persons to determine eligibility for admission, residence, and travel in the U.S.
- Institute civil and criminal prosecutions and cooperate with other law enforcement agencies in the investigation and prosecution of those in violation of immigration or customs laws.
- Testify regarding decisions at immigration appeals or in federal court.
- Collect samples of merchandise for examination, appraisal, or testing.
- Inspect cargo, baggage, and personal articles entering or leaving U.S. for compliance with revenue laws and U.S. customs regulations.
- Locate and seize contraband, undeclared merchandise, and vehicles, aircraft, or boats that contain such merchandise.
- Record and report job-related activities, findings, transactions, violations, discrepancies, and decisions.
- Interpret and explain laws and regulations to travelers, prospective immigrants, shippers, and manufacturers.
- Determine duty and taxes to be paid on goods.
Related Technology & Tools
- Gamma ray spectrometers
- Mobile truck X ray units
- Metal handcuffs
- Laptop computers
- Side-handle batons
- Service revolvers
- Mobile data computers
- Measurement calipers
- X ray inspection equipment
- Pepper spray
- Radiation portal monitor terminals
- Barcode scanners
- Tire deflation devices
- Police shotguns
- Radiation portal monitors RPM
- Two way radios
- Digital video cameras
- Radioisotope detection devices
- Personal radiation detectors PRD
- Ion mobility spectrometers
- Fingerprint scanners
- Security inspection mirrors
- Compound light microscopes
- Identification card scanners
- Radiation isotope identifier devices RIID
- Personal computers
- Desktop computers
- Vehicle and Cargo Inspection System VACIS
- Hazardous material detectors
- Plastic handcuffs
- Treasury Enforcement Communications System TECS
- Microsoft Word
- Law enforcement information databases
- Microsoft Outlook
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- National Crime Information Center NCIC database
- Microsoft Office
- Automated Manifest System AMS
- Microsoft Excel