Will “Immigration Inspector” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Investigate and inspect persons, common carriers, goods, and merchandise, arriving in or departing from the United States or between states to detect violations of immigration and customs laws and regulations.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-3021.05
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Immigration and Customs Inspectors”.
Also Known As…
- Immigration and Customs Inspectors
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer (US CBPO)
- Supervisory CBP Officer
- Special Agent
- Import Specialist
- Customs Port Director
- Customs Officer
- Customs Inspector
- Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO)
- Canine Enforcement Officer (K-9 Enforcement Officer)
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer CBPO
- US Customs and Border Officer
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer, Port Director
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Supervisor/Port Director
- Senior Patrol Agent
- Senior Officer
- Senior Inspector
- Senior Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Patrol Inspector
- Law Enforcement-Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement Special Agent (ICE Special Agent)
- Duty Officer
- Drug Inspector
- Drug Enforcement Agent
- Deportation Officer
- Customs Opener-Verifier-Packer
- Customs Import Specialist
- Customs and Immigration Officer
- Customs and Border Protection Supervisor
- Customs and Border Protection Inspector (CBPI)
- Chief, Port Director
- Border Patrol Officer
- Border Patrol Agent
- Agriculture Specialist
Tasks for “Immigration Inspector”
- Investigate applications for duty refunds and petition for remission or mitigation of penalties when warranted.
- Detain persons found to be in violation of customs or immigration laws and arrange for legal action, such as deportation.
- Inspect cargo, baggage, and personal articles entering or leaving U.S. for compliance with revenue laws and U.S. customs regulations.
- Testify regarding decisions at immigration appeals or in federal court.
- Interpret and explain laws and regulations to travelers, prospective immigrants, shippers, and manufacturers.
- Determine duty and taxes to be paid on goods.
- Locate and seize contraband, undeclared merchandise, and vehicles, aircraft, or boats that contain such merchandise.
- Institute civil and criminal prosecutions and cooperate with other law enforcement agencies in the investigation and prosecution of those in violation of immigration or customs laws.
- Record and report job-related activities, findings, transactions, violations, discrepancies, and decisions.
- Examine immigration applications, visas, and passports and interview persons to determine eligibility for admission, residence, and travel in the U.S.
- Collect samples of merchandise for examination, appraisal, or testing.
Related Technology & Tools
- Measurement calipers
- Personal radiation detectors PRD
- Side-handle batons
- Personal computers
- Radiation portal monitor terminals
- Compound light microscopes
- Police shotguns
- Laptop computers
- Tire deflation devices
- Two way radios
- Mobile truck X ray units
- Desktop computers
- Ion mobility spectrometers
- Security inspection mirrors
- Radiation portal monitors RPM
- Vehicle and Cargo Inspection System VACIS
- X ray inspection equipment
- Fingerprint scanners
- Hazardous material detectors
- Pepper spray
- Mobile data computers
- Metal handcuffs
- Barcode scanners
- Plastic handcuffs
- Identification card scanners
- Service revolvers
- Radiation isotope identifier devices RIID
- Gamma ray spectrometers
- Digital video cameras
- Radioisotope detection devices
- Treasury Enforcement Communications System TECS
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Automated Manifest System AMS
- Microsoft Outlook
- Law enforcement information databases
- National Crime Information Center NCIC database
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Word