Will “Senior Customs and Border Protection Officer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Investigate and inspect persons, common carriers, goods, and merchandise, arriving in or departing from the United States or between states to detect violations of immigration and customs laws and regulations.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-3021.05
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Immigration and Customs Inspectors”.
Also Known As…
- Immigration and Customs Inspectors
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer (US CBPO)
- Supervisory CBP Officer
- Special Agent
- Import Specialist
- Customs Port Director
- Customs Officer
- Customs Inspector
- Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO)
- Canine Enforcement Officer (K-9 Enforcement Officer)
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer CBPO
- US Customs and Border Officer
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer, Port Director
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Supervisor/Port Director
- Senior Patrol Agent
- Senior Officer
- Senior Inspector
- Patrol Inspector
- Law Enforcement-Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Immigration Inspector
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement Special Agent (ICE Special Agent)
- Duty Officer
- Drug Inspector
- Drug Enforcement Agent
- Deportation Officer
- Customs Opener-Verifier-Packer
- Customs Import Specialist
- Customs and Immigration Officer
- Customs and Border Protection Supervisor
- Customs and Border Protection Inspector (CBPI)
- Chief, Port Director
- Border Patrol Officer
- Border Patrol Agent
- Agriculture Specialist
Tasks for “Senior Customs and Border Protection Officer”
- Detain persons found to be in violation of customs or immigration laws and arrange for legal action, such as deportation.
- Determine duty and taxes to be paid on goods.
- Collect samples of merchandise for examination, appraisal, or testing.
- Examine immigration applications, visas, and passports and interview persons to determine eligibility for admission, residence, and travel in the U.S.
- Inspect cargo, baggage, and personal articles entering or leaving U.S. for compliance with revenue laws and U.S. customs regulations.
- Record and report job-related activities, findings, transactions, violations, discrepancies, and decisions.
- Investigate applications for duty refunds and petition for remission or mitigation of penalties when warranted.
- Institute civil and criminal prosecutions and cooperate with other law enforcement agencies in the investigation and prosecution of those in violation of immigration or customs laws.
- Testify regarding decisions at immigration appeals or in federal court.
- Interpret and explain laws and regulations to travelers, prospective immigrants, shippers, and manufacturers.
- Locate and seize contraband, undeclared merchandise, and vehicles, aircraft, or boats that contain such merchandise.
Related Technology & Tools
- Digital video cameras
- Ion mobility spectrometers
- Fingerprint scanners
- Service revolvers
- Hazardous material detectors
- Metal handcuffs
- Security inspection mirrors
- Compound light microscopes
- Pepper spray
- Plastic handcuffs
- Radiation portal monitors RPM
- Personal radiation detectors PRD
- Two way radios
- Identification card scanners
- Measurement calipers
- Desktop computers
- Mobile truck X ray units
- X ray inspection equipment
- Radioisotope detection devices
- Radiation portal monitor terminals
- Police shotguns
- Side-handle batons
- Radiation isotope identifier devices RIID
- Mobile data computers
- Barcode scanners
- Personal computers
- Vehicle and Cargo Inspection System VACIS
- Tire deflation devices
- Laptop computers
- Gamma ray spectrometers
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Office
- National Crime Information Center NCIC database
- Automated Manifest System AMS
- Treasury Enforcement Communications System TECS
- Microsoft Outlook
- Law enforcement information databases
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word