Will “Senior Customs and Border Protection Officer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Investigate and inspect persons, common carriers, goods, and merchandise, arriving in or departing from the United States or between states to detect violations of immigration and customs laws and regulations.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-3021.05
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Immigration and Customs Inspectors”.
Also Known As…
- Immigration and Customs Inspectors
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer (US CBPO)
- Supervisory CBP Officer
- Special Agent
- Import Specialist
- Customs Port Director
- Customs Officer
- Customs Inspector
- Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO)
- Canine Enforcement Officer (K-9 Enforcement Officer)
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer CBPO
- US Customs and Border Officer
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer, Port Director
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Supervisor/Port Director
- Senior Patrol Agent
- Senior Officer
- Senior Inspector
- Patrol Inspector
- Law Enforcement-Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Immigration Inspector
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement Special Agent (ICE Special Agent)
- Duty Officer
- Drug Inspector
- Drug Enforcement Agent
- Deportation Officer
- Customs Opener-Verifier-Packer
- Customs Import Specialist
- Customs and Immigration Officer
- Customs and Border Protection Supervisor
- Customs and Border Protection Inspector (CBPI)
- Chief, Port Director
- Border Patrol Officer
- Border Patrol Agent
- Agriculture Specialist
Tasks for “Senior Customs and Border Protection Officer”
- Testify regarding decisions at immigration appeals or in federal court.
- Determine duty and taxes to be paid on goods.
- Inspect cargo, baggage, and personal articles entering or leaving U.S. for compliance with revenue laws and U.S. customs regulations.
- Collect samples of merchandise for examination, appraisal, or testing.
- Investigate applications for duty refunds and petition for remission or mitigation of penalties when warranted.
- Institute civil and criminal prosecutions and cooperate with other law enforcement agencies in the investigation and prosecution of those in violation of immigration or customs laws.
- Locate and seize contraband, undeclared merchandise, and vehicles, aircraft, or boats that contain such merchandise.
- Detain persons found to be in violation of customs or immigration laws and arrange for legal action, such as deportation.
- Record and report job-related activities, findings, transactions, violations, discrepancies, and decisions.
- Interpret and explain laws and regulations to travelers, prospective immigrants, shippers, and manufacturers.
- Examine immigration applications, visas, and passports and interview persons to determine eligibility for admission, residence, and travel in the U.S.
Related Technology & Tools
- Laptop computers
- Hazardous material detectors
- Compound light microscopes
- Barcode scanners
- Metal handcuffs
- Radiation isotope identifier devices RIID
- Tire deflation devices
- Police shotguns
- Identification card scanners
- Gamma ray spectrometers
- Measurement calipers
- Service revolvers
- Mobile truck X ray units
- X ray inspection equipment
- Radiation portal monitors RPM
- Pepper spray
- Desktop computers
- Side-handle batons
- Radioisotope detection devices
- Fingerprint scanners
- Plastic handcuffs
- Two way radios
- Security inspection mirrors
- Radiation portal monitor terminals
- Personal radiation detectors PRD
- Ion mobility spectrometers
- Digital video cameras
- Vehicle and Cargo Inspection System VACIS
- Personal computers
- Mobile data computers
- Law enforcement information databases
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Automated Manifest System AMS
- Treasury Enforcement Communications System TECS
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Word
- National Crime Information Center NCIC database