Will “Chief, Port Director” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Investigate and inspect persons, common carriers, goods, and merchandise, arriving in or departing from the United States or between states to detect violations of immigration and customs laws and regulations.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-3021.05
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Immigration and Customs Inspectors”.
Also Known As…
- Immigration and Customs Inspectors
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer (US CBPO)
- Supervisory CBP Officer
- Special Agent
- Import Specialist
- Customs Port Director
- Customs Officer
- Customs Inspector
- Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO)
- Canine Enforcement Officer (K-9 Enforcement Officer)
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer CBPO
- US Customs and Border Officer
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer, Port Director
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Supervisor/Port Director
- Senior Patrol Agent
- Senior Officer
- Senior Inspector
- Senior Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Patrol Inspector
- Law Enforcement-Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Immigration Inspector
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement Special Agent (ICE Special Agent)
- Duty Officer
- Drug Inspector
- Drug Enforcement Agent
- Deportation Officer
- Customs Opener-Verifier-Packer
- Customs Import Specialist
- Customs and Immigration Officer
- Customs and Border Protection Supervisor
- Customs and Border Protection Inspector (CBPI)
- Border Patrol Officer
- Border Patrol Agent
- Agriculture Specialist
Tasks for “Chief, Port Director”
- Investigate applications for duty refunds and petition for remission or mitigation of penalties when warranted.
- Detain persons found to be in violation of customs or immigration laws and arrange for legal action, such as deportation.
- Examine immigration applications, visas, and passports and interview persons to determine eligibility for admission, residence, and travel in the U.S.
- Institute civil and criminal prosecutions and cooperate with other law enforcement agencies in the investigation and prosecution of those in violation of immigration or customs laws.
- Interpret and explain laws and regulations to travelers, prospective immigrants, shippers, and manufacturers.
- Inspect cargo, baggage, and personal articles entering or leaving U.S. for compliance with revenue laws and U.S. customs regulations.
- Collect samples of merchandise for examination, appraisal, or testing.
- Determine duty and taxes to be paid on goods.
- Testify regarding decisions at immigration appeals or in federal court.
- Record and report job-related activities, findings, transactions, violations, discrepancies, and decisions.
- Locate and seize contraband, undeclared merchandise, and vehicles, aircraft, or boats that contain such merchandise.
Related Technology & Tools
- Gamma ray spectrometers
- Plastic handcuffs
- Compound light microscopes
- Fingerprint scanners
- Hazardous material detectors
- Vehicle and Cargo Inspection System VACIS
- Radioisotope detection devices
- Personal computers
- Security inspection mirrors
- Side-handle batons
- Pepper spray
- X ray inspection equipment
- Barcode scanners
- Mobile truck X ray units
- Two way radios
- Measurement calipers
- Radiation portal monitors RPM
- Metal handcuffs
- Laptop computers
- Ion mobility spectrometers
- Mobile data computers
- Desktop computers
- Police shotguns
- Radiation isotope identifier devices RIID
- Service revolvers
- Digital video cameras
- Radiation portal monitor terminals
- Identification card scanners
- Personal radiation detectors PRD
- Tire deflation devices
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Law enforcement information databases
- Treasury Enforcement Communications System TECS
- Microsoft Word
- Automated Manifest System AMS
- National Crime Information Center NCIC database