Will “Chief, Port Director” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Investigate and inspect persons, common carriers, goods, and merchandise, arriving in or departing from the United States or between states to detect violations of immigration and customs laws and regulations.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-3021.05
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Immigration and Customs Inspectors”.
Also Known As…
- Immigration and Customs Inspectors
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer (US CBPO)
- Supervisory CBP Officer
- Special Agent
- Import Specialist
- Customs Port Director
- Customs Officer
- Customs Inspector
- Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO)
- Canine Enforcement Officer (K-9 Enforcement Officer)
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer CBPO
- US Customs and Border Officer
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer, Port Director
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Supervisor/Port Director
- Senior Patrol Agent
- Senior Officer
- Senior Inspector
- Senior Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Patrol Inspector
- Law Enforcement-Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Immigration Inspector
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement Special Agent (ICE Special Agent)
- Duty Officer
- Drug Inspector
- Drug Enforcement Agent
- Deportation Officer
- Customs Opener-Verifier-Packer
- Customs Import Specialist
- Customs and Immigration Officer
- Customs and Border Protection Supervisor
- Customs and Border Protection Inspector (CBPI)
- Border Patrol Officer
- Border Patrol Agent
- Agriculture Specialist
Tasks for “Chief, Port Director”
- Investigate applications for duty refunds and petition for remission or mitigation of penalties when warranted.
- Institute civil and criminal prosecutions and cooperate with other law enforcement agencies in the investigation and prosecution of those in violation of immigration or customs laws.
- Collect samples of merchandise for examination, appraisal, or testing.
- Testify regarding decisions at immigration appeals or in federal court.
- Determine duty and taxes to be paid on goods.
- Record and report job-related activities, findings, transactions, violations, discrepancies, and decisions.
- Locate and seize contraband, undeclared merchandise, and vehicles, aircraft, or boats that contain such merchandise.
- Interpret and explain laws and regulations to travelers, prospective immigrants, shippers, and manufacturers.
- Detain persons found to be in violation of customs or immigration laws and arrange for legal action, such as deportation.
- Inspect cargo, baggage, and personal articles entering or leaving U.S. for compliance with revenue laws and U.S. customs regulations.
- Examine immigration applications, visas, and passports and interview persons to determine eligibility for admission, residence, and travel in the U.S.
Related Technology & Tools
- Gamma ray spectrometers
- Police shotguns
- Two way radios
- Plastic handcuffs
- Hazardous material detectors
- Personal computers
- Radioisotope detection devices
- Personal radiation detectors PRD
- Desktop computers
- Ion mobility spectrometers
- Mobile data computers
- Radiation isotope identifier devices RIID
- X ray inspection equipment
- Identification card scanners
- Radiation portal monitors RPM
- Vehicle and Cargo Inspection System VACIS
- Measurement calipers
- Tire deflation devices
- Metal handcuffs
- Security inspection mirrors
- Radiation portal monitor terminals
- Mobile truck X ray units
- Fingerprint scanners
- Pepper spray
- Compound light microscopes
- Barcode scanners
- Service revolvers
- Side-handle batons
- Laptop computers
- Digital video cameras
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Automated Manifest System AMS
- Microsoft Office
- Treasury Enforcement Communications System TECS
- Microsoft Word
- National Crime Information Center NCIC database
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Law enforcement information databases