Will “Immigration and Customs Enforcement Special Agent (ICE Special Agent)” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Investigate and inspect persons, common carriers, goods, and merchandise, arriving in or departing from the United States or between states to detect violations of immigration and customs laws and regulations.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-3021.05
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Immigration and Customs Inspectors”.
Also Known As…
- Immigration and Customs Inspectors
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer (US CBPO)
- Supervisory CBP Officer
- Special Agent
- Import Specialist
- Customs Port Director
- Customs Officer
- Customs Inspector
- Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO)
- Canine Enforcement Officer (K-9 Enforcement Officer)
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer CBPO
- US Customs and Border Officer
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer, Port Director
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Supervisor/Port Director
- Senior Patrol Agent
- Senior Officer
- Senior Inspector
- Senior Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Patrol Inspector
- Law Enforcement-Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Immigration Inspector
- Duty Officer
- Drug Inspector
- Drug Enforcement Agent
- Deportation Officer
- Customs Opener-Verifier-Packer
- Customs Import Specialist
- Customs and Immigration Officer
- Customs and Border Protection Supervisor
- Customs and Border Protection Inspector (CBPI)
- Chief, Port Director
- Border Patrol Officer
- Border Patrol Agent
- Agriculture Specialist
Tasks for “Immigration and Customs Enforcement Special Agent (ICE Special Agent)”
- Examine immigration applications, visas, and passports and interview persons to determine eligibility for admission, residence, and travel in the U.S.
- Inspect cargo, baggage, and personal articles entering or leaving U.S. for compliance with revenue laws and U.S. customs regulations.
- Interpret and explain laws and regulations to travelers, prospective immigrants, shippers, and manufacturers.
- Detain persons found to be in violation of customs or immigration laws and arrange for legal action, such as deportation.
- Testify regarding decisions at immigration appeals or in federal court.
- Locate and seize contraband, undeclared merchandise, and vehicles, aircraft, or boats that contain such merchandise.
- Investigate applications for duty refunds and petition for remission or mitigation of penalties when warranted.
- Institute civil and criminal prosecutions and cooperate with other law enforcement agencies in the investigation and prosecution of those in violation of immigration or customs laws.
- Collect samples of merchandise for examination, appraisal, or testing.
- Record and report job-related activities, findings, transactions, violations, discrepancies, and decisions.
- Determine duty and taxes to be paid on goods.
Related Technology & Tools
- Radiation portal monitors RPM
- Police shotguns
- Security inspection mirrors
- Mobile truck X ray units
- Measurement calipers
- Desktop computers
- Radiation isotope identifier devices RIID
- Tire deflation devices
- Radioisotope detection devices
- Vehicle and Cargo Inspection System VACIS
- X ray inspection equipment
- Mobile data computers
- Laptop computers
- Fingerprint scanners
- Personal radiation detectors PRD
- Hazardous material detectors
- Metal handcuffs
- Pepper spray
- Side-handle batons
- Digital video cameras
- Identification card scanners
- Personal computers
- Service revolvers
- Gamma ray spectrometers
- Plastic handcuffs
- Ion mobility spectrometers
- Barcode scanners
- Two way radios
- Radiation portal monitor terminals
- Compound light microscopes
- Microsoft Word
- National Crime Information Center NCIC database
- Law enforcement information databases
- Automated Manifest System AMS
- Microsoft Outlook
- Treasury Enforcement Communications System TECS
- Microsoft Excel
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Office