Will “Law Enforcement-Customs and Border Protection Officer” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Investigate and inspect persons, common carriers, goods, and merchandise, arriving in or departing from the United States or between states to detect violations of immigration and customs laws and regulations.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-3021.05
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Immigration and Customs Inspectors”.
Also Known As…
- Immigration and Customs Inspectors
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer (US CBPO)
- Supervisory CBP Officer
- Special Agent
- Import Specialist
- Customs Port Director
- Customs Officer
- Customs Inspector
- Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO)
- Canine Enforcement Officer (K-9 Enforcement Officer)
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer CBPO
- US Customs and Border Officer
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer, Port Director
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Supervisor/Port Director
- Senior Patrol Agent
- Senior Officer
- Senior Inspector
- Senior Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Patrol Inspector
- Immigration Inspector
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement Special Agent (ICE Special Agent)
- Duty Officer
- Drug Inspector
- Drug Enforcement Agent
- Deportation Officer
- Customs Opener-Verifier-Packer
- Customs Import Specialist
- Customs and Immigration Officer
- Customs and Border Protection Supervisor
- Customs and Border Protection Inspector (CBPI)
- Chief, Port Director
- Border Patrol Officer
- Border Patrol Agent
- Agriculture Specialist
Tasks for “Law Enforcement-Customs and Border Protection Officer”
- Examine immigration applications, visas, and passports and interview persons to determine eligibility for admission, residence, and travel in the U.S.
- Locate and seize contraband, undeclared merchandise, and vehicles, aircraft, or boats that contain such merchandise.
- Institute civil and criminal prosecutions and cooperate with other law enforcement agencies in the investigation and prosecution of those in violation of immigration or customs laws.
- Inspect cargo, baggage, and personal articles entering or leaving U.S. for compliance with revenue laws and U.S. customs regulations.
- Detain persons found to be in violation of customs or immigration laws and arrange for legal action, such as deportation.
- Record and report job-related activities, findings, transactions, violations, discrepancies, and decisions.
- Interpret and explain laws and regulations to travelers, prospective immigrants, shippers, and manufacturers.
- Collect samples of merchandise for examination, appraisal, or testing.
- Testify regarding decisions at immigration appeals or in federal court.
- Investigate applications for duty refunds and petition for remission or mitigation of penalties when warranted.
- Determine duty and taxes to be paid on goods.
Related Technology & Tools
- Two way radios
- Gamma ray spectrometers
- Service revolvers
- Hazardous material detectors
- Measurement calipers
- Plastic handcuffs
- Barcode scanners
- Identification card scanners
- Vehicle and Cargo Inspection System VACIS
- Radiation portal monitor terminals
- Tire deflation devices
- Metal handcuffs
- Radioisotope detection devices
- Police shotguns
- X ray inspection equipment
- Security inspection mirrors
- Digital video cameras
- Fingerprint scanners
- Pepper spray
- Laptop computers
- Desktop computers
- Mobile truck X ray units
- Personal computers
- Compound light microscopes
- Mobile data computers
- Personal radiation detectors PRD
- Ion mobility spectrometers
- Side-handle batons
- Radiation portal monitors RPM
- Radiation isotope identifier devices RIID
- Treasury Enforcement Communications System TECS
- Microsoft Excel
- Law enforcement information databases
- National Crime Information Center NCIC database
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Office
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Automated Manifest System AMS