Will “Senior Inspector” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Investigate and inspect persons, common carriers, goods, and merchandise, arriving in or departing from the United States or between states to detect violations of immigration and customs laws and regulations.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 33-3021.05
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Immigration and Customs Inspectors”.
Also Known As…
- Immigration and Customs Inspectors
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer (US CBPO)
- Supervisory CBP Officer
- Special Agent
- Import Specialist
- Customs Port Director
- Customs Officer
- Customs Inspector
- Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO)
- Canine Enforcement Officer (K-9 Enforcement Officer)
- US Customs and Border Protection Officer CBPO
- US Customs and Border Officer
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer, Port Director
- Supervisory Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Supervisor/Port Director
- Senior Patrol Agent
- Senior Officer
- Senior Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Patrol Inspector
- Law Enforcement-Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Immigration Inspector
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement Special Agent (ICE Special Agent)
- Duty Officer
- Drug Inspector
- Drug Enforcement Agent
- Deportation Officer
- Customs Opener-Verifier-Packer
- Customs Import Specialist
- Customs and Immigration Officer
- Customs and Border Protection Supervisor
- Customs and Border Protection Inspector (CBPI)
- Chief, Port Director
- Border Patrol Officer
- Border Patrol Agent
- Agriculture Specialist
Tasks for “Senior Inspector”
- Inspect cargo, baggage, and personal articles entering or leaving U.S. for compliance with revenue laws and U.S. customs regulations.
- Institute civil and criminal prosecutions and cooperate with other law enforcement agencies in the investigation and prosecution of those in violation of immigration or customs laws.
- Record and report job-related activities, findings, transactions, violations, discrepancies, and decisions.
- Locate and seize contraband, undeclared merchandise, and vehicles, aircraft, or boats that contain such merchandise.
- Determine duty and taxes to be paid on goods.
- Testify regarding decisions at immigration appeals or in federal court.
- Examine immigration applications, visas, and passports and interview persons to determine eligibility for admission, residence, and travel in the U.S.
- Detain persons found to be in violation of customs or immigration laws and arrange for legal action, such as deportation.
- Interpret and explain laws and regulations to travelers, prospective immigrants, shippers, and manufacturers.
- Collect samples of merchandise for examination, appraisal, or testing.
- Investigate applications for duty refunds and petition for remission or mitigation of penalties when warranted.
Related Technology & Tools
- Pepper spray
- Vehicle and Cargo Inspection System VACIS
- Mobile data computers
- Hazardous material detectors
- Personal radiation detectors PRD
- Police shotguns
- Gamma ray spectrometers
- Side-handle batons
- Plastic handcuffs
- Mobile truck X ray units
- Radioisotope detection devices
- Metal handcuffs
- Desktop computers
- X ray inspection equipment
- Security inspection mirrors
- Radiation portal monitors RPM
- Personal computers
- Fingerprint scanners
- Radiation portal monitor terminals
- Digital video cameras
- Ion mobility spectrometers
- Barcode scanners
- Laptop computers
- Two way radios
- Radiation isotope identifier devices RIID
- Service revolvers
- Identification card scanners
- Tire deflation devices
- Measurement calipers
- Compound light microscopes
- Microsoft Excel
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Word
- Treasury Enforcement Communications System TECS
- National Crime Information Center NCIC database
- Microsoft Outlook
- Automated Manifest System AMS
- Microsoft Office
- Law enforcement information databases