Will “Civil Rights Investigator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Monitor and evaluate compliance with equal opportunity laws, guidelines, and policies to ensure that employment practices and contracting arrangements give equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1041.03
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers”.
Also Known As…
- Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers
- Field Representative
- Equal Opportunity Specialist
- Equal Opportunity Director
- Equal Opportunity Commission Investigator (EOC Investigator)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Representative (EEO Representative)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Officer (EEO Officer)
- Complaint Investigations Officer
- Civil Rights Representative
- Affirmative Action Officer (AA Officer)
- Grievance Coordinator
- Grievance and Appeals Coordinator
- Equal Opportunity Counselor
- Equal Opportunity Assistant
- Compliance Coordinator
- Compliance Analyst
- Civil Rights Investigator
Tasks for “Civil Rights Investigator”
- Coordinate, monitor, or revise complaint procedures to ensure timely processing and review of complaints.
- Meet with persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to arbitrate and settle disputes.
- Investigate employment practices or alleged violations of laws to document and correct discriminatory factors.
- Prepare reports of selection, survey, or other statistics and recommendations for corrective action.
- Develop guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
- Interview persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to verify case information.
- Study equal opportunity complaints to clarify issues.
- Monitor the implementation and impact of guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
- Verify that all job descriptions are submitted for review and approval and that descriptions meet regulatory standards.
- Conduct surveys and evaluate findings to determine if systematic discrimination exists.
- Prepare reports related to investigations of equal opportunity complaints.
- Review company contracts to determine actions required to meet governmental equal opportunity provisions.
- Counsel newly hired members of minority or disadvantaged groups, informing them about details of civil rights laws.
- Consult with community representatives to develop technical assistance agreements in accordance with governmental regulations.
- Provide information, technical assistance, or training to supervisors, managers, or employees on topics such as employee supervision, hiring, grievance procedures, or staff development.
- Meet with job search committees or coordinators to explain the role of the equal opportunity coordinator, to provide resources for advertising, or to explain expectations for future contacts.
- Act as liaisons between minority placement agencies and employers or between job search committees and other equal opportunity administrators.
- Interpret civil rights laws and equal opportunity regulations for individuals or employers.
- Participate in the recruitment of employees through job fairs, career days, or advertising plans.
Related Technology & Tools
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Personal computers
- 10-key calculators
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- Desktop computers
- Laptop computers
- Peopleclick AAPlanner
- Microsoft Word
- Speediware SpeedEEO
- Microsoft Office
- Biddle AutoAAP
- IBM Lotus 1-2-3
- Bashen EEOSoft
- Gerstco AAPBase
- Equitas EEOStat
- EEO Made Simple AAPMaker
- Peopleclick Monitor
- EEO Made Simple AppTrac
- Equal employment opportunity EEO compliance software
- Database software
- Peopleclick CAAMS
- Biddle Adverse Impact Toolkit
- Berkshire Associates BALANCEaap
- Bashen EEOFedSoft
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Corel WordPerfect
- Peopleclick PayStat
- Microsoft Outlook
- Bashen LinkLine
- Yocum & McKee The Complete AAP