Will “Civil Rights Investigator” be Replaced By Robots? 🤔
Unknown Chance of Automation
Sadly, the research paper did not provide any information about this occupation. Maybe have a look at our directory?
Monitor and evaluate compliance with equal opportunity laws, guidelines, and policies to ensure that employment practices and contracting arrangements give equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
- The SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code is 13-1041.03
☝️ Information based on the reference occupation “Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers”.
Also Known As…
- Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers
- Field Representative
- Equal Opportunity Specialist
- Equal Opportunity Director
- Equal Opportunity Commission Investigator (EOC Investigator)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Representative (EEO Representative)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Officer (EEO Officer)
- Complaint Investigations Officer
- Civil Rights Representative
- Affirmative Action Officer (AA Officer)
- Grievance Coordinator
- Grievance and Appeals Coordinator
- Equal Opportunity Counselor
- Equal Opportunity Assistant
- Compliance Coordinator
- Compliance Analyst
- Civil Rights Investigator
Tasks for “Civil Rights Investigator”
- Monitor the implementation and impact of guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
- Verify that all job descriptions are submitted for review and approval and that descriptions meet regulatory standards.
- Prepare reports related to investigations of equal opportunity complaints.
- Coordinate, monitor, or revise complaint procedures to ensure timely processing and review of complaints.
- Investigate employment practices or alleged violations of laws to document and correct discriminatory factors.
- Meet with job search committees or coordinators to explain the role of the equal opportunity coordinator, to provide resources for advertising, or to explain expectations for future contacts.
- Consult with community representatives to develop technical assistance agreements in accordance with governmental regulations.
- Prepare reports of selection, survey, or other statistics and recommendations for corrective action.
- Interview persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to verify case information.
- Provide information, technical assistance, or training to supervisors, managers, or employees on topics such as employee supervision, hiring, grievance procedures, or staff development.
- Participate in the recruitment of employees through job fairs, career days, or advertising plans.
- Interpret civil rights laws and equal opportunity regulations for individuals or employers.
- Review company contracts to determine actions required to meet governmental equal opportunity provisions.
- Act as liaisons between minority placement agencies and employers or between job search committees and other equal opportunity administrators.
- Counsel newly hired members of minority or disadvantaged groups, informing them about details of civil rights laws.
- Meet with persons involved in equal opportunity complaints to arbitrate and settle disputes.
- Study equal opportunity complaints to clarify issues.
- Develop guidelines for nondiscriminatory employment practices.
- Conduct surveys and evaluate findings to determine if systematic discrimination exists.
Related Technology & Tools
- Desktop computers
- Personal computers
- Personal digital assistants PDA
- 10-key calculators
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Laptop computers
- Peopleclick AAPlanner
- Equal employment opportunity EEO compliance software
- Bashen LinkLine
- Gerstco AAPBase
- Microsoft Excel
- EEO Made Simple AppTrac
- Peopleclick Monitor
- Biddle Adverse Impact Toolkit
- Peopleclick PayStat
- Microsoft Outlook
- Corel WordPerfect
- Peopleclick CAAMS
- Yocum & McKee The Complete AAP
- EEO Made Simple AAPMaker
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Bashen EEOFedSoft
- Equitas EEOStat
- Bashen EEOSoft
- Microsoft Office
- Speediware SpeedEEO
- IBM Lotus 1-2-3
- Biddle AutoAAP
- Database software
- Microsoft Word
- Berkshire Associates BALANCEaap